HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #6,676 of 11,923
How many here keep HE6SE along with Arya and how they fare against each other?

I have Arya stealth and HE6se and I think they pair well together with the HE6se being much more neutral and more dynamic. I owned the Arya v2 before, and the stealth version is closer to the HE6se but still very different.

For me the Arya is a much more technically superior headphone, but the neutral sound of the HE6se just can't be beat at its price range especially for great recordings.

If you can just get one and you have the right amp then for the price the HE6se could be the better choice. If they are both the same price then it would be the Arya for me. I would definitely miss one of them though.

Feb 12, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #6,679 of 11,923
I’m not so sure about this…I’ve played around with EQ before, but I’ve never heard a jump in punchiness or slam in the bass from it. Just an increase in quanitity. I feel like that extra “slam” is what the Arya V3 brings. I do also find imaging more precise compared with the V2.

That having been said, I’ll be jumping back up to the HEKV2 once more. Exactly for the reasons mentioned earlier: that wide open cast stage. I still think it improves on the Arya V3’s timbre as well. I also feel, especially with the Burson Soloist 3XP, that I miss some of the stage I had with the Arya V2 when listening to the V3, even after extensive burn-in. The HEKV2 just takes it to another level. I’ll miss the bass slam, but hey, that’s what the ZMF’s are for!
Ok never mind, I chickened out :chicken::sweat_smile: ZMF's or not, that sense of impact the Arya V3 has is so unique to the Hifiman lineup. For classical or otherwise. I'm sticking with it!

Feb 12, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #6,680 of 11,923
OK now. I'd convinced myself that the upgrade from V1 to V3 wasn't worth it but now I MUST HAVE A V3!!!

*** I knew I should have unsubscribed from this thread. :unamused:

Feb 12, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #6,681 of 11,923
I woke up to a gift from the IRS this morning and promptly used it to order a non stealth pair of Aryas 😁

Feb 12, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #6,682 of 11,923
I woke up to a gift from the IRS this morning and promptly used it to order a non stealth pair of Aryas 😁
Nice, we have the same Jot2/BF2 combo with the Arya V2. Let me know what you think. I insert a tube buffer in-between the Jot2 and BF2 for most of my listening to get an alternative presentation. To my preference, Arya V2 loves tubes in the path , it offers some naturalness and some thickness to the sound.

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #6,683 of 11,923
Nice, we have the same Jot2/BF2 combo with the Arya V2. Let me know what you think. I insert a tube buffer in-between the Jot2 and BF2 for most of my listening to get an alternative presentation. To my preference, Arya V2 loves tubes in the path , it offers some naturalness and some thickness to the sound.
What are you using as a tube buffer? And by that do you mean it's set up as a pre amp? I was thinking of adding a tube amp somewhere, either Lyr 3 or Liquid Platinum and testing them separately and combined

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #6,684 of 11,923
OK now. I'd convinced myself that the upgrade from V1 to V3 wasn't worth it but now I MUST HAVE A V3!!!

*** I knew I should have unsubscribed from this thread. :unamused:
Do it, do it, do it!!! hahaha.... Keep in mind: The v3/Stealth may be somewhat of a letdown in it's soundstaging width and depth aspects until it plays in/burns in for a while (give it at least ~50 - 75 hours with pink noise before the make or break decision to keep it or not). It will get much better but it just takes a bit of time, IMO - it takes a little patience for it to bloom.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #6,685 of 11,923
I never pass judgement on Hifiman HPs until 150 hours. :wink:

Feb 12, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #6,687 of 11,923
Feb 12, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #6,688 of 11,923
HiFiMan plainly suggests on page 13 of the Arya PDF to "burn-in" 150hrs for them to reach full potential. https://down.hifiman.com/manual/Arya.pdf

That is to increase the chance of not returning it. I got some documentation that said to burn in my 20 dollar RCA cables I bought from amazon for 150hours too. OH, and that they are "one directional"...lol, SMH.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #6,689 of 11,923
That's about 6 days for me When running them in I listen to music and when not listening I use pink noise and place them on my HP stand with a blanket over it to deaden the sound if I'm in the room.

One is either very serious about this hobby or they are not. There's no middle ground. 😄

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #6,690 of 11,923
That's about 6 days for mem When running them in I listen to music and when not listening I use pink noise and place them on my HP stand with a blanket over it to deaden the sound if I'm in the room.

One is either very serious about this hobby or they are not. There's no middle ground. 😄

My speaker manufacture stated over 150 hours IIRC and I literally kept them playing music 24/7 and a nice star ship bass hum for when I was sleeping. Sounded the same from start to finish. Same with my susvara and those RCA cables.

Its a multifaceted psychological seed being planted to make such claims, there is no downside from the manufacture saying such. Expectations plays a huge part in it all.

When you getting the V3 ? Have you had the V1 since the beginning ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back