HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #6,646 of 11,919
Please read the last paragraph of my post - you'll see that I've already said the exact same thing that you just mentioned about comparing the three. I only mentioned burn in because some people have stated that the Stealths have a drastically smaller soundstage compared to the v2's, which is not entirely true IMO - especially after they've played in and loosened up a bit. Plus, all versions of the Arya benefit from at least some burn in (at least the v2's and Stealths). Either way, there's not huge differences between the two versions I've heard, though the Stealths do have better timbre and bass dynamics compared to the v2's. No worries though - there's no need to get upset, it's not a personal attack.
You say “some” people when in fact it’s most people that have stated that about the the stealths soundstage, I’m not attacking you, your right when you say we all hear differently. It’s just that I’m a majority’s ruling type of guy, if almost everyone is saying the same thing then…you know. But enjoy the stealths brother, to each his own.

Feb 8, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #6,647 of 11,919
You say “some” people when in fact it’s most people that have stated that about the the stealths soundstage, I’m not attacking you, your right when you say we all hear differently. It’s just that I’m a majority’s ruling type of guy, if almost everyone is saying the same thing then…you know. But enjoy the stealths brother, to each his own.
Some people you just need to block/ignore. It's a never ending battle with them

Feb 8, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #6,648 of 11,919
for those who are having a hard time, hifiman wont tell u this, but the v1/v2 are cheaper option to the he1000 v2 and the stealths are a cheaper option to the he1000se (which are more detailed with more punch but less soundstage than the he1000 v2) it’s the same exact get up we have here with the aryas. Take it with a grain of salt but that’s just what it is, notice that they haven’t gone stealth with the he1000v2 and it hasn’t gone on sale either, that is for a reason, use your heads people.

Feb 8, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #6,649 of 11,919
You realize the HE-1000SE uses stealth magnets?

Feb 8, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #6,650 of 11,919
for those who are having a hard time, hifiman wont tell u this, but the v1/v2 are cheaper option to the he1000 v2 and the stealths are a cheaper option to the he1000se (which are more detailed with more punch but less soundstage than the he1000 v2) it’s the same exact get up we have here with the aryas. Take it with a grain of salt but that’s just what it is, notice that they haven’t gone stealth with the he1000v2 and it hasn’t gone on sale either, that is for a reason, use your heads people.
Im actually tempted by the HE1000v2. So the Arya V2 is super similar or what? I don't want to keep buying, upgrading, selling lol

Feb 8, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #6,651 of 11,919
You realize the HE-1000SE uses stealth magnets?
Yes and that’s my point exactly, everyone’s comparing the Arya v1/v2 to the stealth editions when they really shouldn’t, they are both named Arya but they are two completely different offerings, as are the he1000 v2 and the he1000se which both till this day sell for there original asking prices (respectively).

Feb 8, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #6,652 of 11,919
Im actually tempted by the HE1000v2. So the Arya V2 is super similar or what? I don't want to keep buying, upgrading, selling lol
Super similar my brother, the he1000 v2 is definitely a more premium option (build and aesthetics) but if it’s just sound your after, go with the Arya v2

Feb 8, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #6,653 of 11,919
Ok, I get your point. I think the Arya v2 has its very own charme. I'd hesitate to just upgrade to the v3 due to mostly (I know I'm being reductive now) better technicalities.

e.g. I prefer the OG HEK to the v2 and even over the SE except for multimedia stuff (movies in Atmos, games with good audio like Tsushima) where positioning/imageing superiority and maximum transparency matters to me. Just a flavour that I really love about the OG HEK over the others, as it's making for a warm, relaxed and fun listen.

Feb 8, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #6,654 of 11,919
I am very happy with Arya Stealth, it really has an overwhelming technical capacity, you can do what you want with it playing, it scales like nothing I have seen before, you want a basshead you can have it (literally it can make your head explode if you want it is a beast), natural you can have it, musical etc, just play take it to the desired signature and discover the portent that this Aryase is..

It never ceases to amaze me, I thought that was an amount that I would never pay for an HP, and at first I had my doubts but the more I discovered its scalability and power, clearly nothing I had tried before at ranks of 500 could do this, everyone had their bottleneck.

The only thing that sometimes I still feel strange is the soundstage of this tear-type driver, so vertical where sometimes sounds in the air or behind me still confuse me, with the circular planars they were more coherent, less vertical and I liked them a lot but I must admit that There are times when surround sound and instrument positioning benefit in this teardrop format, but sometimes it's still something strange for me, I've only been with them for 2 weeks so maybe it's normal.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #6,657 of 11,919
My statement: ..."some people have stated that the Stealths have a drastically smaller soundstage compared to the v2's..."; My point is that "some people" have said it's a "drastic" change, while "most people" agree that it's a change, but it's not as "drastic" as "some people" have stated. To those on the fence: They are both still an Arya and share many of the same qualities - with the v2's having a slightly larger stage, while the Stealths are easier to drive and have punchier bass. Personally, I could live with either and be happy.
Some people you just need to block/ignore. It's a never ending battle with them
Sure, #94...

Feb 8, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #6,658 of 11,919
I am very happy with Arya Stealth, it really has an overwhelming technical capacity, you can do what you want with it playing, it scales like nothing I have seen before, you want a basshead you can have it (literally it can make your head explode if you want it is a beast), natural you can have it, musical etc, just play take it to the desired signature and discover the portent that this Aryase is..

It never ceases to amaze me, I thought that was an amount that I would never pay for an HP, and at first I had my doubts but the more I discovered its scalability and power, clearly nothing I had tried before at ranks of 500 could do this, everyone had their bottleneck.

The only thing that sometimes I still feel strange is the soundstage of this tear-type driver, so vertical where sometimes sounds in the air or behind me still confuse me, with the circular planars they were more coherent, less vertical and I liked them a lot but I must admit that There are times when surround sound and instrument positioning benefit in this teardrop format, but sometimes it's still something strange for me, I've only been with them for 2 weeks so maybe it's normal.
Welcome to the Arya Club - as they play in, the best is yet to come. They'll become even more separated, they'll image better, and the stage gets even bigger, IMO. What's your chain like?

Feb 8, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #6,659 of 11,919
Reason it's critical to volume match before comparing, louder always have more details.
Understand about that. The Stealth is quite a bit easier to drive, requiring less clicks on the volume dial from my amp for the same v2 volume. Having more sensitivity means that it's easier for the driver to move/create sound, leading to a livelier, more dynamic presentation. Similar to how horns have a "livelier" presentation because of their great sensitivity compared to other tweeters/drivers - though they are drastically different in operating principles.

Feb 8, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #6,660 of 11,919
Not really, they're both still an Arya and share the Arya's general sound characteristics. They both have deep bass, realistic mids, revealing highs - with excellent detail, layering, and imaging. To me, the main differences from the v2's come from:

#1) Fresh out of the box the Stealths have better timbre...the v2's could sometimes have a plasticky type timbre - but that can be vastly improved by a Class A amp...or tone controls/EQ.

#2) When brand new and fresh out of the box, the Stealths have a somewhat smaller soundstage than the v2's - it's kind of a let-down coming from the v2's quite massive staging (but sometimes too distant). However, after about ~75 - 100 hours burn-in (or play-in, if you'd rather), the Stealth's staging increases to be virtually the same size as the v2's - they just take time to loosen up.

The other differences are that the Stealths are easier to drive, have punchier, more dynamic bass (both of which may make amplifier matching easier), and has slightly sharper imaging compared to the v2's - but they're still both Aryas though. The differences aren't massive, some are pretty subtle. These are my impressions, others may disagree.
In addition: I purchased the V2 for ~$500 less than the Stealths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back