Hifiman Ananda
Feb 17, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #4,442 of 4,987
I prefer the DEKFEN Ananda, properly amped, to the GM HE-6se v.2 (Grill Mod=GM).
I have been trying to get someone else to say it :p, JK! But I think the change is significant enough from the normal Ananda which was already likely by a good margin the best buy at $700... probably even top 5/10 at $1000 that I think telling people about it as "Ananda with Dekoni Fenestrated Pads for the Arya" downplays it despite being longer. I consider it, it's very own "thing"; the DEKFEN Ananda, and the name seems good enough.... But I believe you were on it first, before even Zeos? So Thanks :p

Enjoying mine so much, honestly if my Ananda broke right now, I would literally repurchase it full price, with the XS bringing the prices of used ones down, the DEKFEN being obtainable at around $500 and some change is utter madness, for my ears I honestly have to question the claim I have been making recently the Elegia is best overall performance one can get under $500 due to it's technical performance. I think the Ananda takes it scalp tbh if fair market price factors in on the insane tuning combined with the performance it unlocks.... Still a bit shocked the synergy was so good, it's crazy to think it's labeled as for Arya, I cannot believe for even half a second they just tuned it for Arya without a decent amount of work also adapting it to Ananda and I have to believe they at least tried it on the Ananda.... and knew, lol

I have been considering the HE-6SE V2 but it's not my jam signature wise, which I am told is on the bright side of neutral, and I just got the LCD-3... which I mean, it's $2k lol, not sure if I need to say much else, but the price/performance proposition is amazing, to be more precise I guess I want to try it because I wish I could get my client/friend to just buy it... I am also pissed I never got a crack at the original, how is the bass on the thing? Are there any closed back mods maybe? I am trying to just psyche myself up to get it, I know I won't regret it, there is like no money to lose but I am absolutely out of room and between the Ananda and LCD-3 for my personal taste I don't see myself hardly using it unless maybe I can get it to do something it cannot in it's default state that would be novel... which is crazy thing to say about the headphone, I know, 3-4 years ago I would be begging to buy something THAT good of a value!

Feb 17, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #4,443 of 4,987
Frankly, I am not too impressed with the HE-6sev.2. Compared to the original HE-6, the HE-6sev.2 aren't even in the same league (IMHO). They sound "small" and "sharp" compared to the generous and open (and comparably detailed) quality of the Ananda.

Just missed a good deal on the LCD-X.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #4,444 of 4,987
Interested to hear what you think of the DEKFEN Ananda, consider going DEKFEN(Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin)
ordered some yesterday, will report back next week

Feb 17, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #4,448 of 4,987
Hello all. I have a problem which will lead toa question. Ok, I have my Ananda's, which I love how they sound. My only real problem was they're a little light in the sub bass area for me. Now I only want to listen to them when I'm at my girlfriend's house. I have a home system for music at home. Now, I went and purchased a portable rig that has an eq built into the source unit. xDuoo X10T II Turntable Player. Nice unit. I also purchased the xDuoo XD-05Plus as my DAC/Amp, with an Audioquest Carbon usb type c to usb type c cord. It sounds and performs well. I'm actually able to add the missing sub bass I felt I was missing. Here's the problem. My battery died on the Xd-05Plus a couple of nights ago, so while I was charging it, I grabbed my HIFIMan HM-650, with a minibox gold amplifier card and man oh man. I heard a super textured, organic, super detailed and non harsh in the treble sound from that thing. Only thing missing was my sub bass. My question is what source can I get that's DAP sized with an eq built into it? If any manufacturers are reading my post, not everyone wants equipment without an eq. It makes no sense to not have some sort of tone adjustment. I was going to sell all of the other equipment I have to purchase the HiFiMan R2R2000 BUT it does not have an eq. To any of the gentlemen on this post, what can I do? I've always had pretty good headphones but I'm really just learning about all the headphone DAPS, DACS and AMPS in the past few years. Oh, I just ordered a xDuoo TA-10R a few days ago. I want to see if using that with the xDuoo X10T II get's me what I'm looking for.

Feb 18, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #4,449 of 4,987
Did you get them yet? how do you like them?
Waited for the Lokius which I will be ordering soon, it does have both balanced and unbalanced I/O

Feb 18, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #4,450 of 4,987
Sad to say the right side of my Ananda died on me, asked someone to open it up and it seems to be Micromold or something, some of the tracers are gone just from this stuff,
I'm so out of planar game, I'd rather stick with tried and true DD and keep drivers that need more sensitive care away from my collection, it just doesn't gel well with the climate in my country I guess.
IMG-20220219-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20220114-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220114-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20220114-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220114-WA0004.jpg

Yeah did nothing to it literally plugged in my amp one day and the right side is just nonexistent.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #4,454 of 4,987
Guarantee should cover it

Feb 19, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #4,455 of 4,987
Well mine is over a year old by this point sadly. That's why I have it opened to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back