Hifiman Ananda
Jan 6, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #2,971 of 4,987
Can anyone compare the Anandas bass to that from Arya, HEK and HE-6? Had the Anandas for some time and really liked their tuning. If i won't like the Utopia for EDM i maybe need a second pair for EDM and consider the Ananda but i don't know if the other ones are better for that.
I had the chance to A/B Ananda and Arya before buying the Ananda and in summary everything the Ananda does well the Arya does it slightly better but not double the price better. A $300 price increase over the Ananda would have been very logical but that kills the Ananda selling point.
At $1,600 the Arya competes very well with other contenders at the same price tag but the Ananda is a steal.

Jan 6, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #2,972 of 4,987
And that’s my first night testing the Ananda, switched the stock cable with the $220 Elear cable back and forth even tried a mono input to each side by both cables at z same time but still no audible difference only that the Focal feels a heavy duty one.
Mating with the Violectric is magical with an iron clad control on the V90 side less so from the Mcintosch amp.
Classical nearly matches the HD800S performance soundstage too, I would even dare saying the Ananda is what Sennheiser originally planned for the 800S to sound.
The Focal Elear sounded shy in all aspects but only maybe the attack.
Not much forgiving for poor quality tracks and after 30 minutes of listening you will need to put air conditioning on to cool your hot fried ears 🔥😊

Jan 6, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #2,973 of 4,987
I had the chance to A/B Ananda and Arya before buying the Ananda and in summary everything the Ananda does well the Arya does it slightly better but not double the price better. A $300 price increase over the Ananda would have been very logical but that kills the Ananda selling point.
At $1,600 the Arya competes very well with other contenders at the same price tag but the Ananda is a steal.
Agree, that's the main reason i decided to get them. Ive been on the TOTL path before, but honestly now i appreciate and search for value/performance. I am listening to them for the first time today and I am really pleased. Definitely a good complement to my Aeon2C.

Jan 7, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #2,975 of 4,987
I can see why people prefer HEX over Ananda. I use EQ too. I don't think Ananda's tuning that good. I mean it's amazing headphone but i'm not fan of it's praised tuning. It sound quite wrong with excited 3k and dipped 1.5k to my ears. I've used headphones with weird tunings before but i didn't use EQ. Ananda forced me to use EQ. I'm very sensitive to these frequencies. Taking the edge of 3-4k and bringing up the 1.5k does a lot for me.

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #2,976 of 4,987
What’s the general thought on powering the Anandas? Any standout pairings? Tubes vs SS?

My best experience so far is with the Lyr 3 using the Tung-Sol new production tube. Believe it or not, this 25 dollar tube actually is a better pairing than the 200 dollar Tung-Sol Round Plate, least for the Ananda.

Dynamics stand out much more, bass attack and slam is CONSIDERABLY higher (pairing well with the Ananda), some new details are more present that weren't there before. Added a bit of the "good distortion" to the treble range. Overall, I felt that it was with this tube that I finally can see what the "holographic" sound signature is like.

Not to say the TSRP is a slacker though. That tube just does everything well while adding sparkle to the overall sound. I would say it's more suited for easy listening such as relaxing with a glass of scotch on your recliner while listening through your library.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #2,977 of 4,987
Jan 7, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #2,978 of 4,987
I own Ananda for two months. I went to a store thinking about Arya but after A/B test bought Ananda :) I am also interested in trying them out with lamps. Has anyone had experience with xDuoo TA-20? I'm curious if there is any background noise with Ananda.

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #2,979 of 4,987
Would be interesting to try a tube amp, any recommendations?

Jan 7, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #2,980 of 4,987
What’s the general thought on powering the Anandas? Any standout pairings? Tubes vs SS?

My experience with the Fiio K5 Pro is very good. It drives Anandas with more than enough power and good precision. Anandas seem to be happy witn amps that provide 1 Watt into 32 Ohms.

Jan 7, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #2,981 of 4,987
The Violectric power chat below:

Attachments

• 06BE79D3-7D1E-4C22-A24E-35060D6AE708.jpeg
    06BE79D3-7D1E-4C22-A24E-35060D6AE708.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 0
Jan 7, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #2,982 of 4,987
Jan 7, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #2,983 of 4,987
Jan 7, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #2,984 of 4,987
And that’s my first night testing the Ananda, switched the stock cable with the $220 Elear cable back and forth even tried a mono input to each side by both cables at z same time but still no audible difference only that the Focal feels a heavy duty one.
Mating with the Violectric is magical with an iron clad control on the V90 side less so from the Mcintosch amp.
Classical nearly matches the HD800S performance soundstage too, I would even dare saying the Ananda is what Sennheiser originally planned for the 800S to sound.
The Focal Elear sounded shy in all aspects but only maybe the attack.
Not much forgiving for poor quality tracks and after 30 minutes of listening you will need to put air conditioning on to cool your hot fried ears 🔥😊
Interesting. I always found the Ananda to be on the more forgiving side because of it's excellent tuning while being a bit less resolving. But i was using the stock cable.

Jan 7, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #2,985 of 4,987
Interesting. I always found the Ananda to be on the more forgiving side because of it's excellent tuning while being a bit less resolving. But i was using the stock cable.
Am not saying it’s analytical like the 800S though, only that it retrieves lots of details which can expose a bad recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back