Hifiman Ananda
Oct 29, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #736 of 4,987
If they are Ananda drivers, it looks like Massdrop has worked with them to 'tweak' the FR as the 8KHz peak appears to be gone -- at least in the FR Massdrop provided chart.

Oct 29, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #737 of 4,987
Yeah...but the all-important sensitivity is 10db LESS than the Ananda/X2 (93 vs 103db) so hopefully people realize that. There's a reason the HE1000 was not marketed as a portable as it has same sensitivity. Good luck driving these planars with any cellphone--even the mighty LG V30.
I noticed that it says signal-to-noise ratio is 93 dB instead of sensitivity. What does that mean? Isn't it a spec to describe DACs?

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #738 of 4,987
That price! Man, HiFiMan clearances out old products like they're an embarrassment to the company...

Nov 1, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #742 of 4,987
I'm really on the fence here, with this MassDrop x HiFiMan Edition XX going live today.
I wanted so bad to have a listen to Arya before deciding between it and Edition X.. but now Edition XX is confusing the heck outta me.
What I'm looking for is simple: A holographic sounding stage that is pushed back, and feels massive.. without that "in your face" feeling I got with some of the stage elements with Ananda.

Nov 1, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #744 of 4,987
I have a chord mojo as an amp and dac, will the ananda be fine with it?
Is the ananda much better than the sundara and is it worth spending 1000 euros?
There was a direct sound comparison between the two posted several pages back, you may want to give that a listen. To me the difference was noticeable, and Ananda offered a fuller, more mature sound than Sundara, with bigger soundstage and more oomph.

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #745 of 4,987
Nov 1, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #747 of 4,987
There was a direct sound comparison between the two posted several pages back, you may want to give that a listen. To me the difference was noticeable, and Ananda offered a fuller, more mature sound than Sundara, with bigger soundstage and more oomph.

Ditto. Having gone from Sundara to Ananda, I can attest to the attributes stated above -- dfinitely a bigger soundstage (both side-to-side and up-down) with a significantly improved bass and slam that is controlled and tight. It was worth the upgrade to me.

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #749 of 4,987
yeah but to drop 599 and wait 6 months for something you can't test first i understand trying to get a good deal and all, but like i could probably find a secondhand ananda or edition x for similar price and not wait the 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back