Hifiman Ananda
Feb 8, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #4,396 of 4,987
Serenity replacement pads arrived:

Serenity Pads.jpg

Not sure about the evolution of Ananda pads, if any, historically. Did HFM go from "Focus" pads to "Serenity"? The replacement Serenity appear shallower than the one(s) that failed.

Am quite happy with the Dekoni Elite fenestrated sheepskin right now, but may switch to the Serenity on the weekend, Deo volente.
Yours look like mine with the honeycomb hex pattern but also not... they look like the middle part is flatter, sort of boxy, maybe I am wrong, but mine are sort of rounded and also the hyper fabric in the middle sticks out more on top of the other materials, hard to tell with yours from this angle if it's the same, don't know if my description helps

Feb 11, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #4,397 of 4,987
Howdy, music lovers! I want to share my full written review on HIFIMAN Electronics Ananda Planar Magnetic Headphones!!

I made comparisons with 5 other high-end headphones, as well as pairings with three top sources, and this is the first review with the new face of Audiophile-Heaven

There are good headphones out there, and there are epic ones, which enter history as some of the best ever made, and Ananda is one of those. It is outstanding in refinement, has a warm, yet wide and airy midrange, a deep bass, and tons of details, being among the most recommended headphones regardless of your current setup.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/02/hifiman-ananda-headphones-sweet-mids-huge-stage.html

HIFIMAN-Ananda-Planar-Magnetic-Over-The-Ear-Headphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-39.jpg

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #4,399 of 4,987
Howdy, music lovers! I want to share my full written review on HIFIMAN Electronics Ananda Planar Magnetic Headphones!!

I made comparisons with 5 other high-end headphones, as well as pairings with three top sources, and this is the first review with the new face of Audiophile-Heaven

There are good headphones out there, and there are epic ones, which enter history as some of the best ever made, and Ananda is one of those. It is outstanding in refinement, has a warm, yet wide and airy midrange, a deep bass, and tons of details, being among the most recommended headphones regardless of your current setup.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/02/hifiman-ananda-headphones-sweet-mids-huge-stage.html

HIFIMAN-Ananda-Planar-Magnetic-Over-The-Ear-Headphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-39.jpg
Nice review George, very good comparisons.

I always ran it through portable AMPs like XD-05 Plus and xCan. I loved the pairing with xCan especially with xbass on.

Feb 11, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #4,400 of 4,987
One of the most beautiful photographs of a headphone I've ever seen! Although it somehow causes neurotic fear of accidentally piercing the membrane with a pine needle :dagger::scream: Just one careless move...
At least they weren't modeled on a porcupine!

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #4,401 of 4,987
just got my second pair in after sending the first $100 pair back, paid $10 off from a new seller JDgear or w.e on amazon and the quality was better(asked and they don't sell B-stock) seems I got the last one tho, these things are going out of stock p.fast, they are new/ish pads that came out not long ago right?

newdekonis.jpg

for anyone who doesn't want to pay and wants to make the OEM pads fenestrated, I suggest porcupine :p

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #4,403 of 4,987
One of the most beautiful photograph of a headphone I've ever seen! Although it somehow causes neurotic fear of accidentally piercing the membrane with a pine needle :dagger::scream: Just one careless move...

Thank you so much!!

We do need to be careful, surely it would be dramatic if one of the drivers took the knife...

Nice review George, very good comparisons.

I always ran it through portable AMPs like XD-05 Plus and xCan. I loved the pairing with xCan especially with xbass on.

Thank you for your kind words!!

I agree, some bass boost can make them even better!!

Feb 11, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #4,405 of 4,987
What is the closest IEM to Ananda in your opinion? With a more or less similar tonality and technicalities at least on par.
lolwut
literally buy 7Hz timeless it's the only non crap planar IEM, kinda hard to get one driver type to sound like another.... also I feel like a lot of money will go to waste here while the 7Hz timeless is an amazing deal... is there is even better? Maybe the AKG N400 when it's on sale for $50, between those two I think you will at least know you are happy and got the best deal possible

Feb 11, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #4,406 of 4,987
lolwut
literally buy 7Hz timeless it's the only non crap planar IEM, kinda hard to get one driver type to sound like another.... also I feel like a lot of money will go to waste here while the 7Hz timeless is an amazing deal... is there is even better? Maybe the AKG N400 when it's on sale for $50, between those two I think you will at least know you are happy and got the best deal possible
Coincidentally I bought 7th Timeless from another Headfier a few days ago, I'm waiting for it to arrive.

From what I've read Timeless they should be a bit more V-shaped.

Looking at the Crinacle site, Timeless takes A in technicalities and Ananda only B, but honestly I would be very surprised if Timeless was really more technical.

Feb 11, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #4,407 of 4,987
Coincidentally I bought 7th Timeless from another Headfier a few days ago, I'm waiting for it to arrive.

From what I've read Timeless they should be a bit more V-shaped.

Looking at the Crinacle site, Timeless takes A in technicalities and Ananda only B, but honestly I would be very surprised if Timeless was really more technical.
did a huge write up in the Ananda thread on the new Dekoni pads and the insane pad swap... as crazy as it sounds the Ananda is very veiled and held back by defualt pads, which I fee were tuned to make it sound like Sundara at all costs, meanwhile the Sundara IMO is made much better by the insane pad tuning.... So while I wouldn't accept or agree it ties it for technicalities, the default pads are part of the headphone and thus contribute to technical performance for better or worse and think I would say B+, doubt I would go to A-, with the new pads easily A, possibly better, doesn't touch HD800/rank S tho
When I get my new LCD-3F from Audeze I will put them head to head but IMO crin also ranked that cans performance low, and that is based on a much older version I heard.... LCD-3 is kind of a monster IMO

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #4,408 of 4,987
What is the closest IEM to Ananda in your opinion?
Mifo o7 - 2ba (dual balanced)

very airy sound, neutral sound with slight warmth, spacious stage, bass is tighter, clearer and faster than ananda

only 2ba version of Mifo o7

7hz timeless also good option

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #4,409 of 4,987
Looking at the Crinacle site, Timeless takes A in technicalities and Ananda only B
I don't understand why everyone refers to this rating. I think this is an inadequate rating for full-size headphones

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #4,410 of 4,987
but honestly I would be very surprised if Timeless was really more technical.
you're right, they can't be more technical than ananda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back