Hifiman Ananda
May 10, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #3,661 of 4,987
The Ananda is a very special headphone, it's the planar version of the HD800. value wise it's superior to the Arya.
Sound wise, the Arya is hard to beat.
I think the 800 images better. The Arya on any up stream equipment that is bright really dump that in your lap. Even so, needs an EQ in the upper mids/low treble more than the 800 needs EQ, and the 800 needs EQ. But outside of that, the comparison is solid in a number of ways.

May 10, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #3,662 of 4,987
The Ananda is a very special headphone, it's the planar version of the HD800. value wise it's superior to the Arya.
Sound wise, the Arya is hard to beat.
The Ananda is pretty much the best can for the money. But I don't find it any match for my modded HE-500, HE-6 SE or a HD-600 on a BHOC like mine.

May 11, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #3,664 of 4,987
I think the 800 images better. The Arya on any up stream equipment that is bright really dump that in your lap. Even so, needs an EQ in the upper mids/low treble more than the 800 needs EQ, and the 800 needs EQ. But outside of that, the comparison is solid in a number of ways.
True as the HD800 is the king of soundstage.

May 11, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #3,666 of 4,987
Has anyone tried to put the HE560 headband spare part on the Ananda ?
Headband for HE400i V1/HE560 V1
I'm wondering this as well.
These headphones sit just slightly weird on my head and I am hoping there's an alternate that will lessen the clamp a bit.
I've tried stretching the band but the leather strap only allows so much travel.

May 12, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #3,667 of 4,987
Has anyone tried to put the HE560 headband spare part on the Ananda ?
Headband for HE400i V1/HE560 V1
I'm wondering this as well.
These headphones sit just slightly weird on my head and I am hoping there's an alternate that will lessen the clamp a bit.
I've tried stretching the band but the leather strap only allows so much travel.
Funny, in the HE6SE V2 thread, we talk about using the Ananda replacement headband on the HE6SE V2 :)

I guess it's what we don't have that we want?

I've got the Ananda and the HE6SE V2 and after a while of wearing both, I think they already each have their perfect headband.

Perhaps it would work, but I don't feel a need to swap them. Both are very comfortable as they are.

Given the wide range of movement up/down front/back within the Ananda Cup I don't think the HE6SE V2 style (like the HE400/HE500) headband would allow much movement within its adjustment range - you'd be fixed in the alignment of your ear in the cup to the more limited range of that headband adjustment.

What bothers you about the Ananda headband?

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #3,668 of 4,987
Owned the Ananda's for 3 years....I sometimes regret selling them. Great all-rounder with extreme comfort and outrageous soundstage.
Totally agree, best in value 👍

May 12, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #3,669 of 4,987
Funny, in the HE6SE V2 thread, we talk about using the Ananda replacement headband on the HE6SE V2 :)

I've got the Ananda and the HE6SE V2 and after a while of wearing both, I think they already each have their perfect headband.

Perhaps it would work, but I don't feel a need to swap them. Both are very comfortable as they are.

Given the wide range of movement up/down front/back within the Ananda Cup I don't think the HE6SE V2 style (like the HE400/HE500) headband would allow much movement within its adjustment range - you'd be fixed in the alignment of your ear in the cup to the more limited range of that headband adjustment.

I own an HE500 with a HE350 headband and i miss the "rotating" cups.

May 12, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #3,670 of 4,987

Clamp for me, it rests on my lower left jawline and gets uncomfortable after about an hour. The lack of swivel still perplexes me personally. I don't feel like I need much, maybe +/-10 degrees.
I really enjoy this set a lot but I can't wear them all that long which is pretty frustrating.

May 13, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #3,671 of 4,987
Clamp for me, it rests on my lower left jawline and gets uncomfortable after about an hour. The lack of swivel still perplexes me personally. I don't feel like I need much, maybe +/-10 degrees.
I really enjoy this set a lot but I can't wear them all that long which is pretty frustrating.
Maybe you'll get used to it over time? It was a different shape fit for me too at first, simlar for the HE6SE V2 being so weighty, but I've found if I give new things time I'll either get used to them or get rid of them.

I've also learned over time to not fixate on differences as problems and instead to learn to appreciate them and embrace them.

But, if it's giving you pain, then find a fix or let it go. It might be too long for your face / head / neck, and I don't think switching to another headband will help / fix the problem - the Ananda Cups will still be long and taper off to that rounded tip lower down your face than a round headphone cup.

Not many headphone cups are not round. :nerd:

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #3,672 of 4,987
Maybe you'll get used to it over time? It was a different shape fit for me too at first, simlar for the HE6SE V2 being so weighty, but I've found if I give new things time I'll either get used to them or get rid of them.

I've also learned over time to not fixate on differences as problems and instead to learn to appreciate them and embrace them.

But, if it's giving you pain, then find a fix or let it go. It might be too long for your face / head / neck, and I don't think switching to another headband will help / fix the problem - the Anada Cups will still be long and taper off to that rounded tip lower down your face than a round headphone cup.

Not many headphone cups are not round. :nerd:
In fact the shape of the Ananda cups contributes directly to its sonic presentation, not sure any alteration would contribute positively in this case. It's either you like it as is or not.
My 2 Cents

May 13, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #3,673 of 4,987
I bent the metal gimbals slightly to widen the fit. Made more sense to me than trying to bend and widen the flimsy and delicate headband. Did the same with my Sundara. Made a big difference to comfort.

May 13, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #3,674 of 4,987

The HEX v2 has that swivel. It helps comfort and fit. Some say its (HEX) built poorly but I don't agree at all.

May 14, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #3,675 of 4,987
I bent the metal gimbals slightly to widen the fit. Made more sense to me than trying to bend and widen the flimsy and delicate headband. Did the same with my Sundara. Made a big difference to comfort.
I had thought about doing that but hadn't decided if I want to persue that option yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back