HiFiMAN 602: Talk about your initial impressions and specs
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #196 of 1,195
Ok, thanks to Fang I have an HM-601 in my hands. However I do not know how to load files in the internal 16GB of memory. Is there an instruction manual available? Meanwhile I leave you with some pictures.

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #201 of 1,195
Let them dial in the sound.

Nankai.  Please take as much time as you need to get it to sound the best possible.  No rush.

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #202 of 1,195

Quote:
Ok, thanks to Fang I have an HM-601 in my hands. However I do not know how to load files in the internal 16GB of memory. Is there an instruction manual available? Meanwhile I leave you with some pictures.

I would guess that you connect the USB data port to the computer and copy the files over like a thumb drive.

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #203 of 1,195

Quote:
I would guess that you connect the USB data port to the computer and copy the files over like a thumb drive.

Yup, plug it in, and then look for a Removable Drive.  It won't show up as "HifiMan" in windows explorer, but it does show up as such in properties and when you check "safely disconnect hardware" in Windows 7

You can then drag and drop files at will.

-Ed

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #204 of 1,195
Here's some pics I took of the HM-602.

AC Adapter Charger is a universal 100-240VAC 5VDC-1A type, and is much much smaller than the HM-801's.

Side by side comparisons to other popular portables. (Left to Right; HM-801, HM-602, iRiver iHP-120, Pico Slim, and Sansa Clip+)

-Ed

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #207 of 1,195
popcorn.gif

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #208 of 1,195

Quote:
i am considering purchasing a hifiman- 602 but i wanted to know how it compares to the sound quality of a Cowan s9.

S9?  Isn't Cowon all about EQ and BBE?  Heard they sound horrible w/o the gimmicks.  

Anyway Qonad, the new updated 602 production models aren't out yet so these will sound a bit different but should give you an idea I guess.

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #209 of 1,195
I order my 602 a couple of weeks ago and am incredibly excited to get it. fang, your responsiveness is impressive. i appreciate it.

i have a question which I know will be impossible to get a definitive answer to because no one (or hardly anyone) has heard it, but: for akg k702s, will an additional amp be necessary to take advantage of the pairing? i have been considering ordering a headstage arrow 12he. i've searched through the forums, looking mostly for discussions of the 801s and their ability to drive less efficient headphones. i know that wouldn't be a direct comparison; even so, i haven't been able to figure out an answer.

right now at home i'm using an audio gd sparrow-a to drive the 702s from my computer.

thanks in advance for any insight anyone can offer.

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #210 of 1,195

Quote:
All samples we shipped out before Sept 7th are earlier test sample. According the test in China market, we decide to improve sound quality and give more high and low extension in the final product.

Hi Fang, does that mean the units have been changed since you sent me the test sample

Quote:

Actually my problem was that I was using my iMac to connect and do file transfers to the internal 16GB memory. I was having lots of issues last night, today i used a PC running XP and it went smoothly. Chances are I am messing up and thus why I am hoping for instructions to help "old pharts" like me.

Quote:
OMG you're such a tease.

Thanks I try! 
wink.gif

Ok, as far as sound quality with very little burn in I LIKE IT! This of course is irrelevant to most since ideally you should listen to the unit to make up your mind. I did a quick comparison with the HM-801 using the same FLAC files loaded on both players and to me the sound with 16/44.1 files is very close to the point that if physical size of the player is an issue then go for the HM-602. Another thing besides price is that the HM-602 has a larger internal storage of 16GB over the 2GB in the HM-801. I hope to spend more time with these two players over the next couple of weeks and probably meet with other local users who should be able to provide additional feedback.

For the money specially with the free set of RE-262 this is a no brainer and worth every penny. More to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back