Hidizs Mermaid MS4 (3BA+1DD) & MS1 (1DD) - new approach to IEMs and compatibility
Feb 6, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #31 of 107
How are the stock cables for these?

3.5mm stock + 2.5mm balanced are similar cables, in thick braid, looking durable, with good banding protection, feel expensive and having a very good build. I would say that I don't have any complaints about it and most of other good IEM models come with pretty similar cables. Didn't hear much of mic effect either but the braid is not very soft.
USB DAC cable is thinner, has some plastic elements (like mic + buttton housing), looks less durable... Still I have the same cable integrated in Sonata HD DAC adapter and using it for about half a year - no problems. It is softer as well.

Feb 6, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #33 of 107
Well, tomorrow is the big day.

I'd love to have these and make some videos for my YouTube channel. Given that my Hidizs videos have been getting some interest, I'm sure people would love to see these too :darthsmile:

Looking forward to be one of the first backers tomorrow!

Good!
Anyway, KS lists very good price which is more than adequate for both models. I hope that KS campaign would be successfull and that the prices afterwards would not gat that much as stated as regular price.

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #35 of 107
Hidizs has launched Kickstarter campaign for Mermaid MS4 & MS1 There are various connectivity options to choose from (with 3.5mm unbalanced, 2.5mm balanced, USB DAC cable, Bluetooth 5.0 receiver) but the quantities are limited. Quite a bargain during the KS running period. My review of both models is in post #3 of this thread.

_DSC9875.jpg

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #42 of 107
Yep. Talked to Hidizs today, they told me that they didn't want to create another bundle with 4.4 as there are already so many options.
I wrote to them that they should add an MS1 + MS4 bundle instead of just having us change the pledge to get both IEMs. Haven't heard back yet...

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #43 of 107
Feb 7, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #44 of 107
It would have been posted this morning, but I had to remove a tree from my driveway due to the ice storm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back