Hidizs AP60II - youngest in HiRes family but worth every cent
Jul 25, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #181 of 205
Not surprising, they just abandoned the first gen Ap60 with bugs. Used lot of Ali coupons to get it when first new so got it cheaper.

For one, Bluetooth controls only work if the Bluetooth setting screen is on when screen turns off.

Also auto off not working when Bluetooth disconnected.

Then the touch controls that are nowhere near correct, now finding out about the aptx

Jul 25, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #183 of 205
@mikp It's possible to use AP60 II firmware on 1st gen. but it only brings HiBy Link functionality, and a buggy clock. Also, there is some problems with navigation buttons, mostly Left/Right in main menu, but everything else (excluding apt-X) works fine.

Jul 27, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #185 of 205
20% discount at Hidizs if there is anything you need from the shop

all_collage2.jpg

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #186 of 205
I got my A60II today ordered from AliExpress and delivered to the UK in eleven days from start to finish. It includes the case and an arm band and and some IEMs so is good value at £89.50.

I only navigate via folders so I transferred the SD Card from my Shanling M1 and found I didn’t need the instructions at all as it’s so simple to use and I prefer it to the M1 as I never really got on with the wheel function. Having physical buttons suits me and everything is well thought out and very fast.

It does Gapless, which is vital for me, and you can choose if folders skip play or not. It orders files correctly without needing a utility and it continues playing, when you turn it on, from where you stopped without any extra button pressing required. Frankly it does everything I want from a small DAP and it sounds great as well.

It’s beautifully made and looks good and I can read the text on the Now Playing screen which I really struggle to do on the M1.

I’ve got it on the Low Gain setting and it drives my IEMs with plenty of volume in reserve.

Really excellent little player.

Aug 2, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #188 of 205
Aug 20, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #193 of 205
Is there any firmware update for this Player and Is there anyone having issues when charging the player? I tried charging the device for almost overnight and its still showing not fully charge.

Aug 20, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #194 of 205
Is there any firmware update for this Player and Is there anyone having issues when charging the player? I tried charging the device for almost overnight and its still showing not fully charge.

I'm running the 1.12 beta firmware (available on the site). I haven't seen any issues with charging, not even on the previous two firmware iterations.

Aug 30, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #195 of 205
@kenloveme - Any chance we're going to see some of the audiobook/podcast features or M3U loading features that are in (or promised for) the AP80 get ported to the AP60II? I know the hardware is very different, but Hiby builds the software for both, and I'd hate to think that the AP60II has been orphaned so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back