Hidizs AP60II - youngest in HiRes family but worth every cent
Jul 1, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #151 of 205
Oh my... that's a shame.

I wonder if it's just me or all the winners have the same experience.

I had to message them on Facebook and email them to get them to ship the AP60II that I won in a Facebook contest but I didn't realize I had won for more than a month after the winners had been announced. Not nearly as bad as what you're showing in those screenshots.

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #152 of 205
Until now I have not received a response. Oh well...

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #153 of 205
Just an update, hidizs has contacted me and said they've shipped my package. :)

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #154 of 205
Does anyone else have a problem with the AP60 II maintaining EQ settings when powered off and on again?
On mine, after powering back on, It displays the stored EQ correctly on screen, but it is not actually activated. Go into the EQ settings, deselect then reselect the displayed EQ and this is obvious.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #155 of 205
Does anyone else have a problem with the AP60 II maintaining EQ settings when powered off and on again?
On mine, after powering back on, It displays the stored EQ correctly on screen, but it is not actually activated. Go into the EQ settings, deselect then reselect the displayed EQ and this is obvious.

this is known and common bug for HibyOS in many DAPs... :frowning2:

Jul 20, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #160 of 205
The sound is on the cooler side, rather than full bodied and warm, it is detailed and really quite impressive for its size. I wouldn't want to scroll through a massive library with physical buttons, but just as a grab and go cheap DAP it is great.

I second your experience. The 60s sounded a bit cooler to me than my AK70 MKII dap. The AP60 II is still a little dap in my inventory i spontaneously grab when i go outside and want to enjoy some of my precious music files in a very good quality. I pair it with my Yamaha EPH-100 in ears (easy to plug in, detailed and deep sound presentation) and be happy.

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #163 of 205
Interesting. I wonder if the Pro version is the same way? Do you have that one to compare? Why would they do that?

Unfortunately, I don't have AP60 Pro, but I might be able check if Pro's FW have those files or not.
Honestly, I don't really know why they do that. I've sent an e-mai to Hidizs support few months ago, when I've noticed that BT audio connects only via SBC, not aptX. Still no response.

Yesterday I found out that, there's no aptX libs in firmware files, and I wanted to share that information with larger group of people to increase awareness of the problem.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #164 of 205
Unfortunately, I don't have AP60 Pro, but I might be able check if Pro's FW have those files or not.
Honestly, I don't really know why they do that. I've sent an e-mai to Hidizs support few months ago, when I've noticed that BT audio connects only via SBC, not aptX. Still no response.

Yesterday I found out that, there's no aptX libs in firmware files, and I wanted to share that information with larger group of people to increase awareness of the problem.

I've questioned @Hidizsofficial about that as well. Waiting for the info....

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #165 of 205

If the AP60's have the CSR chip that has the APTx built-in. would it also need APTx in the firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back