Hidizs AP60
Mar 15, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #751 of 773
I bought one as well. There is a q&a on massdrop right side of page. There is
different chip on Pro version one and said to be better. The 60pro version has it's own firmware. Dunno if it the same dimensions case.
In the massdrop discussion, a Hidizs rep answered that the AP60II case would not fit.

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #752 of 773
… really couldn't be happier (well... if it had a clip, I'd be ecstatic!). Really a sweet, well-made little device. High quality design and construction, with a well thought out UI. And it sounds great...! True gapless. (I haven't listened to enough random / shuffle play to address a question earlier, but all in good time).

So far, with no serious flaws (hoping it stays that way), I can't imagine why this isn't more popular... and getting more traction.

Cheers.
I own the Shanling M1 and more recently purchased the AP60 MKII and I think it is a feature for feature match and good. With the Amazon deal dropping it to $99 I agree. I have no idea why it isn't getting more traction either. Just slightly more internal volume than the tiny $25 Benjie and others inexpensive players you end up with something that feels good in the hand. I really think sometimes folks forget what the visceral feel adds when you have a product. And it has pretty much all the features of multi hundred dollar players excepting the physical components. But it has really good inexpensive ones. It really is a great little package.

The $80 Massdrop deal, with a 2 month wait til May to receive it, is an even better deal assuming it'll turn out to be the MKII but with the same as the AP200 digital components albeit in a less fancy configuration.

Mar 16, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #753 of 773
Great to read this. Glad I got mine.

Hidizs

The sound of AP60 Pro will have better SNR and channel separation than AP60II.

Mar 16, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #754 of 773
Great to read this. Glad I got mine.

Hidizs

The sound of AP60 Pro will have better SNR and channel separation than AP60II.
Thanks for posting this. It lead me back to the Massdrop discussions and answered a few questions that I had about it. I just rejoined the drop after unjoining it a few days ago. Six hours left folks! Buy buy buy! :)

Apr 18, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #755 of 773
Can you please tell me the easiest way how to add the actually playing song to favourites or delete the actually playing song? Is it complicated or just 1-2 click? I will use the player mainly in my car so I need to do these operations blindly. :)

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #757 of 773
so is ap60 pro a big upgrade sound wise than the 60ii?
Check the ap60 II thread in a week or two there should be a comparison of both models.

Jun 23, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #758 of 773
be interesting to compare it to my Shanling M0 and Hiby R3 which just came out
I also have the original AP60

Jun 23, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #760 of 773
close but the sound from the M0 and R3 is richer and has a wider sound stage the AP60 is an older device I think I got it to keep me company when I was recovering from full knee replacement surgery. It was to go with my Pendulumic Stance S1s so I needed something small with APTx. The R3 also has Tidal streaming, LDAC and Balanced out. Those things take it to another category. The UI on the AP60 gets a little confusing at times as I anm usually hitting the wrong function. I also have the Benjie T6 and I like that thinner form factor a tad more than the AP60 but my AP60 in gold looks way nicer.

Jun 23, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #761 of 773
Check the ap60 II thread in a week or two there should be a comparison of both models.

I was going to buy the ap60ii but I'll hold off to the PRO version gets some reviews. By reading I'd guess the PRO extends a bit better in the treble.

Jun 23, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #762 of 773
I'll be coming from the Xduoo X3 with Topping NX2 AMP. The x3 needs an AMP as without it sounds a bit dull at times. The UI is rubbish, although RB helped. Be nice having a DAP with some colour, easy to navigate and doesn't need an AMP strapped to it. I was thinking of the Shanling M1 but read some reviews saying the ap60ii might be better sounding. great price.

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #763 of 773
Jul 23, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #764 of 773
Since the begining, aptX didn't worked on 1st gen. of AP60, but I tought: Nah. It's still beta version FW, so maybe that's why.
Months passed, and aptX still don't work. Tested with transmitter, which have SBC/aptX connectivity indicator. I also have Shanling M1, and since both are based on HiBy firmware, I've decided to do some comparison between M1 4.5 firmware and AP60 II 1.12 Beta firmware:
upload_2018-7-23_15-47-18.png

As you can see, there is NO aptX LIBRARIES AND CONFIGURATION FILES IN AP60 FIRMWARE!

Let's take a closer look at audio.conf file in bluetooth settings' directory:
upload_2018-7-23_15-54-56.png

Again, no APTXSources setting in AP60' audio.conf.

I highly doubt that both generations of AP60 are supporting aptX.

Shame on you, @Hidizsofficial

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #765 of 773
Yup, have the first gen ap60
Since the begining, aptX didn't worked on 1st gen. of AP60, but I tought: Nah. It's still beta version FW, so maybe that's why.
Months passed, and aptX still don't work. Tested with transmitter, which have SBC/aptX connectivity indicator. I also have Shanling M1, and since both are based on HiBy firmware, I've decided to do some comparison between M1 4.5 firmware and AP60 II 1.12 Beta firmware:

As you can see, there is NO aptX LIBRARIES AND CONFIGURATION FILES IN AP60 FIRMWARE!

Let's take a closer look at audio.conf file in bluetooth settings' directory:

Again, no APTXSources setting in AP60' audio.conf.

I highly doubt that both generations of AP60 are supporting aptX.

Shame on you, @Hidizsofficial

Hm, i just tested my 1 gen AP60 (CRAP) with saturn Pro avant ree and the led says it is using sbc...

Since it just so crappy I've only used it with single earbud and recently the jabra 65t,but if this is true...

Got the hiby r3 now, er is OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back