Hidizs AP60
Oct 18, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #721 of 773
Hello guys,

Today I will tell you about giveaway on Facebook from HIDIZS.

Let's start.

Giveaway post.
https://www.facebook.com/hidizs/posts/849918631852988

The rules to enter this contest are simple:
① Simply tag a friend and comment why you want to use Hidizs AP60 II, to enter to win one of the 10PCS AP60 II giveaway.
② Share the Post for extra points!

Winner's post: https://www.facebook.com/hidizs/posts/858601554318029

I tried to find real winners in comments. There were only 5 of them: Kchain HK, Alexander Pelypenko, Oscar Stewart, Putu Dwi Nurjayadhi, Alec Jackson. Other winners - FAKE. You can check it by yourself. It's shame.
I've asked about it on facebook page.

Hidizs наебалово1.png

My commentary was deleted and what we have now:

4.png

And I can't comment anywhere on HIDIZS Page.

Guys, I think its not normal when the company deceit their clients in such way. Think twice before buying anything from this company.

Attachments

• Hidizs наебалово.png
    Hidizs наебалово.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #723 of 773
hi, can somebody who has version 2 compare to version 1, or just give some general comments? i presume audio quality and functionality is the same. i am wondering how much of an improvement the physical buttons, build quality, screen quality for version 2. thanks

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #724 of 773
Photos: https://imgur.com/a/DPtEc

Here's some photos of the relatively new version of the Hidizs AP60 2nd generation DAP. It's really small. I owned the original version but ended up returning it after a few weeks with it because it was a bit underpowered and the touch controls were too finicky.

I am happy to say the latest iteration is much improved and definitely feels a lot better. They improved the screen significantly with a better curved glass. The front panel is no longer touch buttons but actual physical buttons which lightly click - making navigating the menus a lot easier.

The Hiby interface is tweaked a bit so some of the odd behaviors of the original one are no longer there. It's relatively straightforward and easy to use. The Bluetooth Hiby Link to your smartphone also is simple to use and works well! I already use Hiby Player for my main smartphone player along with Poweramp so I already had it installed.

As far as sound quality, it seems like they've done some great work re-tuning the sound. The specs look pretty similar to the original but for whatever reason, I definitely hear a difference in quality. The music is fairly neutral but with a slight warmth to it - similar to what I've heard on other devices using AK dacs.

I am also happy to report that it was able to play music directly to my planar magnetics (audeze sines, M1060, and T50RP Mk3) plenty loud even without high gain. It also doesn't sound that bad either, but is improved when I plug it into an Amp. It's not line out though, so I am double amping, but there's no distortion/noise that I can hear.

One of the cool things about this unit is that it also has built in BT 4.2 with Apt-X and it works 2-ways! You can stream to headphones if you want, or you can use it as a bluetooth receiver from another device -- for example I used my smartphone as the transport and plugged my headphones into the AP60 and played music from my phone across BT to my headphones. That's pretty neat. It almost makes my Fiio BTR1's less needed...

I tried using USB DAC mode as the dac/amp from my phone - it did work with Hiby Player but wasnt working with Poweramp or Spotify. It was a bit choppy when it did work too - not sure why. I'll have to try again later. I couldnt get the USB digital out to work to my Fiio Q1 though. It could be my cables too though. I'm using a known working OTG cable with female A head, which i plug into a standard male A to male microusb head into the Q1 but it did not work.

Anyway, I can report more once I use it a bit more as I just got these today, but I'm pretty happy with it thus far.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #725 of 773
One of the cool things about this unit is that it also has built in BT 4.2 with Apt-X and Apt-X HD and it works 2-ways! You can stream to headphones if you want, or you can use it as a bluetooth receiver from another device -- for example I used my smartphone as the transport and plugged my headphones into the AP60 and played music from my phone across BT to my headphones.

That sounds Great !

Hey, everywhere I see the AP60II listed it says BT 4.0 and only APTX, not the HD version... Have the original AP60 and it's "plain" APTX, and not the Aptx-HD version...

Wish I could find a seller stating the Aptx-HD or the AP60II.

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #728 of 773
That sounds Great !

Hey, everywhere I see the AP60II listed it says BT 4.0 and only APTX, not the HD version... Have the original AP60 and it's "plain" APTX, and not the Aptx-HD version...

Wish I could find a seller stating the Aptx-HD or the AP60II.

You're correct. I thought I readthat somewhere but must have mixed it up with another product. I only have aptx capable Bluetooth devices so woildnt have been able to try it out. I corrected my post. Thanks.

I picked it up on amazon Amazon with the $30 off coupon. it helped sweeten the purchase decision. :)

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #729 of 773
I posted earlier that I couldnt get USB-Out working but I've discovered the short micro-usb cable I was using was charge only and not charge/data. It does in fact work well with my Fiio Q1.

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #731 of 773
Is there Live Photos of the Gen 2 in each Color?

I posted the Gray ones a few posts up. Otherwise, the Hidizs Facebook page has photos. I havent seen any other reviews of photos of the Gen 2 players. I also cant post an amazon review up because it says the Product hasn't been released yet, even though I bought it on Amazon.

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #733 of 773
Just purchased the Hidizs AP60... $30 off coupon still good, so it's mine, in grey, for $100. Prime 'free' two-day shipping, should be in my hands on Tuesday.
Jazzed... I can't wait to dump my Sansa Clip Sport thing, and listen to some hi-res, quality sounds while working out. :L3000:

Cheers!

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #734 of 773
Can anyone with V2 tell if if there is any stupid catches you've figured out?

Navagation Keys work with screen off?
No resuming playlist selection after powerdown? (This happened on my v1)
Random is always the same song order. Start with song 50, it goes to song 80, then song 40. If you start with song 50 again, it does the exact same order.

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #735 of 773
Can anyone with V2 tell if if there is any stupid catches you've figured out?

Navagation Keys work with screen off?
No resuming playlist selection after powerdown? (This happened on my v1)
Random is always the same song order. Start with song 50, it goes to song 80, then song 40. If you start with song 50 again, it does the exact same order.

Funny that this is just one of the most helpful comments about a popular product. Do they remove any negative comments or something about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back