Hidizs AP60
Aug 14, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #707 of 773
UAPP has never done that for me with several other DAC's. MAybe the AP60 and UAPP don't work well together? I don't have the right cable to link my current phone to the AP60 to also try it. So can't confirm...

Sorry it does not work with the AP60. UAPP works great with the Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

I did some research to try to find out more.
I have this configuration:
- smartphone Xiaomi Redmi 3S with MIUI 8 amd Android 6 with USB OTG enabled.
- Hidizs AP60 with firmware 1.07
-
IEM KZ ZST.

I download the Usb Audio Player Pro [ TRIAL version and connected the DAC to my cellphone via USB cable and OTG adapter (I'm waiting for micro usb to micro usb cable). The headphones are connected to the DAC.

Without changing the setting, the songs feel like they are accelerated, that is, a song that normally lasts 3 minutes, in this case it takes one and a half.

If UAPP goes to Settings -> Small Adjustments -> and Enable Small USB Adjustment 1 , then the audio feels great and the DAC is set to the same frequency as the track to play, I realized there should not be resampling and therefore the highest possible quality.

There is one though. This way the DAC works only with UAPP and not with other applications like spotify. Starting spotify the audio comes out of the smartphone and not the DAC.

Now uninstall UAPP and install Hibymusic. Free program to which I am entered as a betatester. In this way I have version 3.0.0 build 5178 Beta.
Links are always the same.

Something strange happens here.
When I connect the DAC to the Smartphone with Hibymusic started the DAC starts playing the track at the frequency of the track itself, but the sound goes hiccups.

I managed to run it with this workaround:

1) Stop the track on Hibymusic and do not close the app.
2) Unplug the DAC (Hidizs AP60) from the USB socket and restart it.
3) Refit the DAC to the USB cable and configure it as a DAC USB. With the track still stopped, the HIDIZS display shows 0Hz / 0bit.
4) I reboot the song on Hibymusic and the music goes right out of the DAC without sneers and uncertainties.

From this moment on I can close Hibymusic and start any other software (spotify, tidal, youtube) and all the audio will come out of the DAC.

The only problem with this method is that the DAC is set to 192 Khz / 24 bits and so it stays, so I think there is a resampling with consequent loss of quality (which I do not currently see).

If I reboot Hibymusic, the DAC resets with the frequency of the listening song and resumes the hiccups.
I have to redo the workaround to make everything work properly.

Neutron I still did not try it.

How about?
Is there a way to make everything work with UAPP without all these tricks and tips?
If I use the HIDIZS AP60 as DAC Bluetooth in your opinion, is quality worse than USB DAC mode?

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #709 of 773
Resuming this POST because I noticed, after further testing, that I wrote several inaccuracies

We share.

I have this configuration:
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S smartphone with MIUI 8 and Android 6. It has USB OTG working G (I also tried with MOTO G 2013 and ROM lineageos 14.1).
- Hidizs AP60 with firmware 1.07
- IEM KZ ZST.

If I turn on the DAC I connect it via USB to my smartphone and use any application that does not directly manage USB audio (UAPP, neutron etc.) then all the audio comes out of the DAC that runs at 192 Khz / 24 bit ( Is then resampled? )
This is for example with Spotify, tidal, youtube, play music.

If I use UAPP, Neutron, Hybimusic software, and enable the direct management of USB Audio, then the DAC is set at the same frequency as the track to play.
With Neutron and Hibymusic, however, the song goes slack, while with UAPP enabling " Small USB 1 Adjustment " the song feels perfectly.

What I'm wondering about is this:
1) Is it reasonable to think that if you use SPotify software, the songs are being resampled?
2) At this point, does it make sense to use the DAC or do I not notice differences without the use of the DAC?
3) Is there a way to use software like spotify without resampling?

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #711 of 773
I have the opposite feeling..

Previously i was using Oneplus One + UAPP as transport to my Mojo.
With Ap60 as transport, Mojo sounds better :)

I cant hear any differences between pc/mojo, smartphone/mojo, ap60/mojo. You guys really must have sharp ears.

In terms of size that mojo/ap60 stack is really a good one. At least much more handy as my bulky smartphone/mojo stack ^^.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 3, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #715 of 773
I just got the AP60 and I'm trying to use it as a transport. I have the latest firmware 1.07, as soon as I plug a dac into the AP60 it powers off and I have to plug it into my computer and it comes back on. What am I doing wrong?

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #719 of 773
Just got an AP60 and love it! Can anyone tell me if I can use it as a transport via Bluetooth and output the digital signal to an external DAC at the same time? I want to connect it to my stereo amp that has a built in DAC and want to stream music via aptx Bluetooth from my phone. Also assuming the answer is yes, does the USB mode on the AP60 need to be set for "USB" or "DAC"?

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #720 of 773
Just got an AP60 and love it! Can anyone tell me if I can use it as a transport via Bluetooth and output the digital signal to an external DAC at the same time? I want to connect it to my stereo amp that has a built in DAC and want to stream music via aptx Bluetooth from my phone. Also assuming the answer is yes, does the USB mode on the AP60 need to be set for "USB" or "DAC"?
Yes, it's possible. I've just checked that. Hidizs will automatically detect an external audio DAC when You plug in any so, the only thing You have to do is plug in an external DAC, pair and connect Your phone with AP60 via BT then just play some music and enjoy! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back