Hidizs AP200
Jan 21, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #76 of 91
Echobox Explorer has separate line out. Still prefer every other DAP I've used. IMO, this is over-emphasized. It's all in the implementation. Shanling M3 has a dedicated line out, which is quite good, but Cayin N3 is also very good and it's a firmware line out. I think we should listen for ourselves rather than rely on specs or hardware.

I will try the Hidizs with my tube amp this week. I can't reach the volume on the amp if I want to recline so it might be nice to control that from the player.

Jan 23, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #77 of 91
The old thread has reopened. I seems like some of the people posting now in it might not even know that there has been new discussion in here...including the fact that some more people are starting to receive their players.

Feb 1, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #78 of 91
I received my 128 gb AP200 around Dec 1, 2017. Tried to load some music and the screen went dead shortly after starting it up. Had to send it back to China where they found a loose wire to the screen. Got it back Jan 10, 2018. It has worked fine ever since. I find the sound neutral and the amp will run any headphones that I own as loud as I can listen to music. I would have liked to see a line out and a balanced headphone port. Battery life is so so as the battery seems to go dead quite fast while left just sitting shut off. Time will tell what I really think after I have had more time to use the unit.

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #79 of 91
I'm a KS backer of a 64GB Carbon backed version and have been using it for a while. I was #6 and a bunch of people received their AP200's before me, :/ lol. All I can say is that the device and audio is nice but the firmware really sucks and brings the device down a lot. I use it all the time but it's on a BETA Firmware (0.2.6) and the version of Android (5.1.1) is really outdated. I almost wished I had backed the Hiby R6, lol, still can't justify the $$$... but I really want a DX200/150 though as there is support from a forum member that has been reworking the Android ROM, something I wished someone did for the AP200.

On the flip side there is a HIDIZS (Closed = Members only) Facebook group where it looks like most of the conversations have gone. I will say though I feel a little shunted by Hidizs due to the release of the DH1000 DAC/AMP... while it looks nice and I'm sure it performs well, I almost feel like the AP200 was left alone so Hidizs could concentrate on the DH1000.

Don't get me wrong as a pure DAP it works pretty good but here are the issues I'm noticing (that I've had and the FB group has been reporting):
  1. DAC for computer can be difficult to set up or get working at all
  2. DAC for Smartphone still not available (will be updated in future firmware releases)
  3. Hiby Link is not available yet (will be updated in future firmware releases)
  4. Bluetooth capabilities are lacking (Stability, signal strength wise & connectivity to smartphones) [APTX was confirmed to be working, if I remember correctly]
  5. Wifi capabilities are lacking (signal strength wise)
  6. Line out is not available (basically using an external headphone amp the volume can be adjust on both the AP200 (Source) and the amp)
  7. Screen issues, the right side of the screen isn't detecting touches correctly, you basically have to touch the very edge to touch something on the right side.
    1. This is made worse by the leather case (if you got one), I ended up having to go back to the provided plastic case to get around this.
  8. No user manual
    1. Personally I don't have any issue with this but there are some that are not familiar with Android (5.1.1) or the Hiby music software
    2. I can see how this is an issue, one that Apple had done a great job with the UX(user interface) but in the DAP world is still not that great
  9. Russian language is not being translated fully/correctly
  10. Full album art is not working fully
    1. I personally have not had any issues with it but some people are complaining that some of the files they know have album art are not showing it.
  11. Battery life is not what was expected and the battery drains even when in standby and not being used.

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #80 of 91
I'm a KS backer of a 64GB Carbon backed version and have been using it for a while. I was #6 and a bunch of people received their AP200's before me, :/ lol. All I can say is that the device and audio is nice but the firmware really sucks and brings the device down a lot. I use it all the time but it's on a BETA Firmware (0.2.6) and the version of Android (5.1.1) is really outdated. I almost wished I had backed the Hiby R6, lol, still can't justify the $$$... but I really want a DX200/150 though as there is support from a forum member that has been reworking the Android ROM, something I wished someone did for the AP200.

On the flip side there is a HIDIZS (Closed = Members only) Facebook group where it looks like most of the conversations have gone. I will say though I feel a little shunted by Hidizs due to the release of the DH1000 DAC/AMP... while it looks nice and I'm sure it performs well, I almost feel like the AP200 was left alone so Hidizs could concentrate on the DH1000.

Don't get me wrong as a pure DAP it works pretty good but here are the issues I'm noticing (that I've had and the FB group has been reporting):
  1. DAC for computer can be difficult to set up or get working at all
  2. DAC for Smartphone still not available (will be updated in future firmware releases)
  3. Hiby Link is not available yet (will be updated in future firmware releases)
  4. Bluetooth capabilities are lacking (Stability, signal strength wise & connectivity to smartphones) [APTX was confirmed to be working, if I remember correctly]
  5. Wifi capabilities are lacking (signal strength wise)
  6. Line out is not available (basically using an external headphone amp the volume can be adjust on both the AP200 (Source) and the amp)
  7. Screen issues, the right side of the screen isn't detecting touches correctly, you basically have to touch the very edge to touch something on the right side.
    1. This is made worse by the leather case (if you got one), I ended up having to go back to the provided plastic case to get around this.
  8. No user manual
    1. Personally I don't have any issue with this but there are some that are not familiar with Android (5.1.1) or the Hiby music software
    2. I can see how this is an issue, one that Apple had done a great job with the UX(user interface) but in the DAP world is still not that great
  9. Russian language is not being translated fully/correctly
  10. Full album art is not working fully
    1. I personally have not had any issues with it but some people are complaining that some of the files they know have album art are not showing it.
  11. Battery life is not what was expected and the battery drains even when in standby and not being used.

Hi, this thread was created after the main thread was temporarily closed for maintenance due to some heated arguments. Most of the posters in that thread never found this one. So, once the old thread was reopened, the people who had been posting here just returned to the old one.

Here is the link. You may want to share your concerns there.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-hidizs-ap200-double-dac-android-based-smart-music-player.839108/

It was started a year ago and has 149 pages so far.

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #81 of 91
Hi, this thread was created after the main thread was temporarily closed for maintenance due to some heated arguments. Most of the posters in that thread never found this one. So, once the old thread was reopened, the people who had been posting here just returned to the old one.

Here is the link. You may want to share your concerns there.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-hidizs-ap200-double-dac-android-based-smart-music-player.839108/

It was started a year ago and has 149 pages so far.
Ah, cool I'll check it out... I've already posted my concerns with Hidizs and they have gotten back to me.

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #82 of 91
Ah, cool I'll check it out... I've already posted my concerns with Hidizs and they have gotten back to me.

That would be great if you could share that info in the other thread.

Jul 27, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #86 of 91
Some update info fyi:
Guys

Got this from them yesterday

"Hi, we are about to release the newest firmware in one week. And we are planning to creat a google drive download that time.

Please kindly wait a few days."
just received my hidizs ap200 and trying to download music apps, suddenly it keeps crashing,then switch on come out welcome then crash again and the player keep getting hot, keep switch off for 15 mins. switch on come out welcome,then hidizs android intelligent hi fi music player and then stay like that tried to to swipe horizontal and vertical finger swiping nothing happen just stack in there, then manage to reset into factory reset but it came out in chinese word now. but the player seem back to operational but the trouble is on chinese word any help please

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #87 of 91
New large update for AP200 DAP: https://www.hidizs.net/apps/help-center#!ap200-10-beta-firmware

Changelog:
1. Update Hiby music app3.0
2. Adding Wifi transfer feature (music files can be transferred through browser or using HiBy Music player)
3. Adding MSEB function
4. Adding fade effect (increase the transition between songs with the specific setting)
5. Adding online access to cover and lyrics function
6. Adding file sorting
7. Adding screen lock function
8. Adding notification bar theme selection
9. Adding Hiby Link service function
10. Fix the issue in Google Play
11. Fix all other bugs that found so far.

Dec 23, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #88 of 91
New large update for AP200 DAP: https://www.hidizs.net/apps/help-center#!ap200-10-beta-firmware

Changelog:
1. Update Hiby music app3.0
2. Adding Wifi transfer feature (music files can be transferred through browser or using HiBy Music player)
3. Adding MSEB function
4. Adding fade effect (increase the transition between songs with the specific setting)
5. Adding online access to cover and lyrics function
6. Adding file sorting
7. Adding screen lock function
8. Adding notification bar theme selection
9. Adding Hiby Link service function
10. Fix the issue in Google Play
11. Fix all other bugs that found so far.

About freaking time--finally an upgrade from that terrible .3 Beta of HiBy. This may render the AP80 (which has a bad DSD bug) obsolete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back