Hidizs AP200
Jan 15, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #46 of 91
Hi,

Anyone knows how to activate the Line Out function from AP200 since there is no manual available?

Thanks!

I am hoping that line out will be implemented in the next firmware update. I find it very strange that the player was released without it.

Jan 16, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #48 of 91
Seems like Hidizs just spent the past few hours responding to comments on KS and IGG. They're still working on getting some orders out, because buyer information was missing. They've indicated that they've reached out to those individuals.

Jan 18, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #50 of 91
I am hoping that line out will be implemented in the next firmware update. I find it very strange that the player was released without it.

OMG...just received a reply from Hidizs stating that AP200 doesn't support Line Out, it only supports Digital Out...felt cheated as the website from both KS and Hidizs stated AP200 supports Line Out...

Jan 18, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #51 of 91
OMG...just received a reply from Hidizs stating that AP200 doesn't support Line Out, it only supports Digital Out...felt cheated as the website from both KS and Hidizs stated AP200 supports Line Out...

There was already talk that it currently doesn't work, but it would be added later via firmware updates. I'm not sure how they responded to you, but based on some of the messages they previously sent out, their english isn't the best.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #52 of 91

There was already talk that it currently doesn't work, but it would be added later via firmware updates. I'm not sure how they responded to you, but based on some of the messages they previously sent out, their english isn't the best.

Yes I am hoping it will be in the next firmware update. I was just surprised that they would release the AP200 before sorting that out. I hope they are not having problems figuring out how to do it.

It does support OTG.. I was using that just last night. Here is a photo of the screen menu when using it and another that shows the device I used. A little USB C flash drive that connects to the PC with USB3.

R0012990.JPG
R0012994.JPG

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #53 of 91
Digital out is working fine too. I was able to connect it to 2 of my USB DAC using the little USB C adapter comes with the mobile phone. However the volume is not set to line out and I have to crank it up so I can use the volume control on my headphone amp.

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #54 of 91
Is there a case that we can buy for the AP200? The plastic thing that came with mine already has a small crack at the back corner and it has never been dropped or bumped. I checked and it is the plastic case and not the glass back that is cracked. It may have happened when putting it on the player.

Also, does anyone know if the other thread will be reopened? It seems like many people who were active in there are missing in here.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #55 of 91

Below is the reply from Hidizs. But I really hope they can implement the Line Out function by upgrading the firmware....

"
Hi Bernard
Thank you for your email.
We are making the E-manual now,It will be download asap.
Pls send me the email if your have any operate problem on AP200.
AP200 is not support line out bu USB out.
Pls noted.
Thanks
Best Regards
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for choosing Hidizs.
We will try our best to help you.
"

Jan 19, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #56 of 91
Below is the reply from Hidizs. But I really hope they can implement the Line Out function by upgrading the firmware....

"
Hi Bernard
Thank you for your email.
We are making the E-manual now,It will be download asap.
Pls send me the email if your have any operate problem on AP200.
AP200 is not support line out bu USB out.
Pls noted.
Thanks
Best Regards
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for choosing Hidizs.
We will try our best to help you.
"

Ya... I see they responded to you on KS too.

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #58 of 91
They don’t need to support line out anymore, because you can now buy their new DH1000 as that has line out.

/s
This is bad. I just realised one of my earphones really sounded soft without external amping. But if the digital out doesn't allow or offer the option to bypass the player volume control, it's kind of dumb for them to offer DH1000 to complement the player. Well that's just our guess that's their intention. Now, I kind of wished they implement line out on both earphone and digital out.

Also realized one feature, not sure it was shared before. Double click on the volume up/down button allow you to fast fwd/rev track in your song list. Found out when I tried to max the volume to get the line out effect and the track jump and thought it was another bugs :). Sadly this is how bad it is when things happened to this player that we are/(or just I am) not aware of. Still waiting for the manual to see what else we have missed.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #59 of 91
They don’t need to support line out anymore, because you can now buy their new DH1000 as that has line out.

/s

They have said they would implement it and we are expecting a firmware update. Previous firmware updates were always announced and discussed in the other (now locked) thread. I wish they would unlock it because I think there are other users in there who have not been getting alerts and do not know about this thread.

Also realized one feature, not sure it was shared before. Double click on the volume up/down button allow you to fast fwd/rev track in your song list. Found out when I tried to max the volume to get the line out effect and the track jump and thought it was another bugs :).

You can still read the old thread. There is much information in it. It was known from the beginning that those buttons would have a dual purpose.

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #60 of 91
From day one on the KS campaign they said it would have line out, and because of this I backed it to use with my powered speakers. Highly disappointed if they don’t come through with it.

Also disappointed how much they are pushing the DH1000 before they sort out at leat 80% of the AP200 issues/ non deliveries/ returns etc... just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back