Hidizs AP200
Jan 21, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #61 of 91
From day one on the KS campaign they said it would have line out, and because of this I backed it to use with my powered speakers. Highly disappointed if they don’t come through with it.

Yes, you definitely need line out for that purpose. I would like to use it as a source for my tube amp that sits next to my sofa. I like to use it when relaxing with my high impedance headphones. Luckily I do have a couple of other daps that do have line out but this one is so nice I want to be able to use it for that.

I do find that the normal headphone out on the AP200 provides plenty of power for all my iems, buds and many of my headphones. Listening last night with my new Monk Lite 40 ohm buds on low gain, volume around 48.

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #62 of 91
From day one on the KS campaign they said it would have line out, and because of this I backed it to use with my powered speakers. Highly disappointed if they don’t come through with it.

Also disappointed how much they are pushing the DH1000 before they sort out at leat 80% of the AP200 issues/ non deliveries/ returns etc... just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Line Out is always one of my criteria of getting a dap and of course backing this campaign but now, I’m already felt cheated when Hidizs claimed that there will be no Line Out function...suck...

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #63 of 91
Line Out is always one of my criteria of getting a dap and of course backing this campaign but now, I’m already felt cheated when Hidizs claimed that there will be no Line Out function...suck...

I believe they plan to implement it. They only said that it does not have it at this time.

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #64 of 91
A3A900FA-5EFB-49AF-8259-5A98DBAA946B.jpeg
I believe they plan to implement it. They only said that it does not have it at this time.

Maybe not any more??

Jan 21, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #65 of 91

Maybe not any more??

I think things get lost in translation. That says it does not support it ...present tense. Someone needs to get a clarification regarding future plans.

Jan 21, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #66 of 91
Yes, you definitely need line out for that purpose. I would like to use it as a source for my tube amp that sits next to my sofa. I like to use it when relaxing with my high impedance headphones. Luckily I do have a couple of other daps that do have line out but this one is so nice I want to be able to use it for that.

I do find that the normal headphone out on the AP200 provides plenty of power for all my iems, buds and many of my headphones. Listening last night with my new Monk Lite 40 ohm buds on low gain, volume around 48.

I've used numerous devices that didn't have line out to drive powered speakers like Dynaudio and Audio Engine. It's not ideal but it works just fine.

Jan 21, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #67 of 91
I've used numerous devices that didn't have line out to drive powered speakers like Dynaudio and Audio Engine. It's not ideal but it works just fine.

Do you set the volume on the device to max first and then adjust the speakers? or, do you set the speakers to a level that you normally would have it at and then adjust the volume of the device?

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #68 of 91
Do you set the volume on the device to max first and then adjust the speakers? or, do you set the speakers to a level that you normally would have it at and then adjust the volume of the device?

I've done both. Either seems to work reasonably well. The way I used the most was to control the volume from the device. It was kind of an unusual situation where I ran a very long cable to the speakers, keeping the player at my listening position, giving me volume and track control at my fingertips. I thought it sounded fine and it was very convenient. This was in a secondary system, my primary is all home audio, component gear. But the secondary system was quite satisfactory. It doesn't take much voltage to drive powered speakers.

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #69 of 91

Maybe not any more??
Just reading through this thread...
One thing is that most DAPs don't have a true Line Out. Meaning that even though there is a function that allows the player to show a Line Out mode, it is merely the DAP running at full volume and not a true Line Out that bypasses the amp stage. The new Shanling M3s for instance, is just DAP at full volume on Line Out mode (this confirmed by Shanling themselves). I'm not sure which DAPs have a true Line Out, that I would like to know. I can say that the Aune M1s, Shanling DAPs do not. The Colorfly C10 sounds the best to me (it even has a separate Line Out jack) but I can't confirm if it is true. I don't think it is either, but it sounds the best because of it's detail and warm and full sound signature.

Jan 21, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #73 of 91
My Hidizs AP100 has line out too.

51eQMi4el4L._SL1200_.jpg

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #75 of 91
Echobox Explorer has separate line out. Still prefer every other DAP I've used. IMO, this is over-emphasized. It's all in the implementation. Shanling M3 has a dedicated line out, which is quite good, but Cayin N3 is also very good and it's a firmware line out. I think we should listen for ourselves rather than rely on specs or hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back