Hidizs AP200
Jan 10, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #31 of 91
just received my Rosewood 64gb from Hidizs thank you Hidizs better late than never ,solid unit,looks good and first sq impressions are good,wifi good, downloaded spotify fast and plays without freezing scanned my 200 gb card fast,nice leather case,got rid of Fiio X5iii after a few weeks but this could stay for a while.Oh and Hidizs only valued package at 30 dollars so no chance of custom fees.I think they are getting there act together after a slow start.

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #32 of 91
Giving credit back to hidizs when it's due.

The player show up today without prior notification or tracking from hidizs. So they really deliver to their promise this round!! To the rest who are waiting, forget about the tracking number. AP200 should be on its way to you. I know the wait is frustrating.

The player looks smaller than I expected. Nice size to hold and pocket but ...damn this thing is heavy!!

The player fit perfectly into the leather pouch. After fully charging the unit, I switch it to pure music mode. Insert the micro SD and it hang for a moment then error message appear. I was horrified that's something worse will happen. To my surprise, after restarting hidizs player, it took less than 10 sec to scan 1500+ tracks in mix of 16-24 bits.

It sounds good, even smoother after listening for a while. Believe burn in help.

Interface is simple and smooth on 0.22b. No lag, no calibration misalignment. But the album art not showing up for quite a number of albums. Can't tell why.

That's all for now.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #33 of 91
Giving credit back to hidizs when it's due.

The player show up today without prior notification or tracking from hidizs. So they really deliver to their promise this round!! To the rest who are waiting, forget about the tracking number. AP200 should be on its way to you. I know the wait is frustrating.

The player looks smaller than I expected. Nice size to hold and pocket but ...damn this thing is heavy!!

The player fit perfectly into the leather pouch. After fully charging the unit, I switch it to pure music mode. Insert the micro SD and it hang for a moment then error message appear. I was horrified that's something worse will happen. To my surprise, after restarting hidizs player, it took less than 10 sec to scan 1500+ tracks in mix of 16-24 bits.

It sounds good, even smoother after listening for a while. Believe burn in help.

Interface is simple and smooth on 0.22b. No lag, no calibration misalignment. But the album art not showing up for quite a number of albums. Can't tell why.

That's all for now.

Good to hear. Hopefully more people on KS and IGG start receiving their orders too. BTW, there's supposed to be a new update coming soon.

Jan 12, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #34 of 91
Got mine yesterday, the sound is awesome with the Hifiman RE2000 and my woodied Grado SR60e.

I am probably being lazy here, as I can't find the manual, but how exactly do you get to pure music mode, not that I am having any problems in Android mode.

Wifi is slow indeed, struggles to stream over Qobuz, but I use my DAPs with local storage most of the time anyway. Not tried bluetooth yet. I am on 0.2.2B firmware.

IMG_20180112_114229-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #36 of 91
Alright, finally went back to the UK yesterday and finally picked up today. Was delivered on the 9th but no tracking number was given. Thanks Hidizs.

EDIT: Do I need to format my SD card to Fat32? I tried scanning my music on an external SD card in Hiby player but it found no songs. Any help?

EDIT 2: Okay formatted it and now works, however Hiby music app crashes 5 seconds into all songs.

EDIT 3: Now the app itself doesn't work all together. It just crashes, same in pure music mode.

FINAL EDIT: Okay, my SD card was the problem. Stuck with my 8gb one for now :D

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #37 of 91
Alright, finally went back to the UK yesterday and finally picked up today. Was delivered on the 9th but no tracking number was given. Thanks Hidizs.

EDIT: Do I need to format my SD card to Fat32? I tried scanning my music on an external SD card in Hiby player but it found no songs. Any help?

EDIT 2: Okay formatted it and now works, however Hiby music app crashes 5 seconds into all songs.

EDIT 3: Now the app itself doesn't work all together. It just crashes, same in pure music mode.

What firmware version is on it? I am using 2.2 and have had no crashes. Besides using the Hiby music app (in pure mode), I have experimented with a few players from the play store.

There is still a lot of info in the older (now closed) thread) that is still useful. I thought they would reopen the thread after cleaning up but maybe not. There is supposed to be another firmware update soon. I hope that will implement line out mode and fix the bug that can cause the volume to get stuck at a high level. Just to be safe I turn on the screen to change volume and use the on screen controls.

Jan 13, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #38 of 91
Testing continue
- WiFi is hit and miss. Places where my laptop and phones get good coverage, AP200 is responding well. The moment I walk to the blind spots, WiFi dropped to unusable. When I tried to move out from the blind spots, ap200 froze and I have to restart the WiFi. But it connected to the network immediately. Tried Spotify (lossy) and it sounded like MP3 therefore didn't bother to continue. No drop in connection during the brief test. Do not have hi fi subscription to tell the difference.

Bluetooth however is quite good to me. Headphone out auto cut off the moment Bluetooth is connected. Tested it using Samsung u level pro, playing Diana Krall DsD file. Transmission drop to 16-44 by default. Reception is good 10-20 feets unblock. Move to the next room drop intermittently but stabilised pretty fast. However when there are concrete pillars in between, signal dropped similar to my Samsung s8 experience. So no complaint on Bluetooth.

Hidizs or hiby apps - album arts seems to work now. One thing that is really annoying, the shuffle or play mode and the playlist button are almost invisible on the album art. Can hidizs make the icon bigger/in bold format or use more contrast colour scheme?
Can't even tell which play mode was on and the player was playing non stop.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #39 of 91
What firmware version is on it? I am using 2.2 and have had no crashes. Besides using the Hiby music app (in pure mode), I have experimented with a few players from the play store.

There is still a lot of info in the older (now closed) thread) that is still useful. I thought they would reopen the thread after cleaning up but maybe not. There is supposed to be another firmware update soon. I hope that will implement line out mode and fix the bug that can cause the volume to get stuck at a high level. Just to be safe I turn on the screen to change volume and use the on screen controls.

My SD card was the problem, switched cards and it's all good now. :D

Jan 13, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #40 of 91
Funny, today I received a Hidizs AP 200 128 GB Rosewood back. But I already had a 64GB AP 200 that I had bought from China. So now my dilemma I had already loaded up my current 64GB and enjoying it pretty much with my Ibass IT 01 and Magaosi K5.

May be selling the 128GB so you may see it in the For sale section

Jan 13, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #41 of 91
Indiegogo backer #289 here just received my 32GB Silver aluminum AP200 today with the brown leather case.
Waited so long, i got something else...

Let me know if anyone wants to buy this unit for what i paid through Indiegogo, skip the long wait!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #42 of 91
Finally, I got mine today, stainless 64gb fiberglass back. :sweat_smile: I ordered a black case but got the brown. It's alright. I like the brown.
I redid the screen protector. There were 2 spots at the edges. There're 3 spots in the back which are under the lamination. It's hard to see with fiberglass anyway.
-Wifi is on and off but strong signal.
-It came with 0.2.2b. Looking forward for the next firmware.
-QuickCharge is not supported and may burn the board. 5V2A charger is suggested.
Overall, I love it. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back