Hidition NT-6 PRO Appreciation/Impressions Thread
Nov 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #31 of 106
It looks like Hidition changed cables again. Your cables look very different than the ones they provided me.

I actually rather like mine. Although a little stiff, they are easy to position correctly and sound very good. I know that when I ordered mine, Hidition was supplying an upgraded cable to international orders and a different more fragile version to S. Korean orders. I believe that I paid a little more for the upgrade included in the international price.

Interesting, coz mine is a soft, flexible one.. Yours looks like a fitear 000 hahaha

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #33 of 106
Hi VZ,

How does the NT6pro compared to the JH13 pro freqphase?

Hey ace,

I don't want to answer that as I am still "burning in" my NT-6 Pros... I'll get back to you on that as soon as I can :)

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #34 of 106
So I've been listening to the NT-6 Pro for a week now, and burning it in at the same time. I'd say I have around 50 hours on it now, which makes me happy.

If there would be one thing that defines the NT-6 Pro it is CLARITY. These are some of the clearest CIEMs I have ever heard, and that's including the JH13Pro Freqphase. The clarity of these things is off the chart! Every little hit on the cymbals, every pluck of a string on a guitar, every drum hit seems to be so clearly rendered on these things, and I've thrown a lot of musical styles at it as well. Amazing treble and mids also clearly define the NT-6 Pro.

One thing that people may not find so appealing with the NT-6 Pro is the bass. I'd think that many people would be turned off by the seemingly lacking bass, but I honestly like it. There's no thump that accompanies it, as I am accustomed to, anyway, being a huge fan of the MH335DW, JH13Pro, and headphones like the Abyss and the LCD-3. I originally thought this would discourage me from the NT-6s but nope! I'm still listening to it, and still enjoying the heck out of it.

As I'm typing this I'm listening to one of my favorite test tracks, Lazarus A.D.'s "Last Breath", and noting how much of the cymbals I can hear. Some IEMs I've used can't hope to catch up to the speed of the cymbals but the NT-6 can render them so well I seem to wonder how I've never really noticed the cymbals before. Another song I tested these things on is Daft Punk's "Fragments of Time", and it shows how subtle yet clear the bass is on the NT-6. Its so well controlled that I can't help but get lost in the music.

If I was to compare the NT-6 Pro to the JH13FP I'd say the JH13FP is a better all-around CIEM, and one that more people would probably appreciate. If you don't mind slight brightness, and a little coldness, in your sound sig, while looking for clarity and speed, I'd say you're looking for a Hidition NT-6.

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #35 of 106
Thanks for the impressions. One thing I do not get is about the bass. The NT6 Pro are supposedly boosted bass and trebble vs the NT6. I just received my NT6 and the bass is not lacking by any means. So if the Pro has more then it should have more than enough. Of course that still might be less than 335, but 335 are very boosted in mid bass.

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #36 of 106
  So I've been listening to the NT-6 Pro for a week now, and burning it in at the same time. I'd say I have around 50 hours on it now, which makes me happy.

If there would be one thing that defines the NT-6 Pro it is CLARITY. These are some of the clearest CIEMs I have ever heard, and that's including the JH13Pro Freqphase. The clarity of these things is off the chart! Every little hit on the cymbals, every pluck of a string on a guitar, every drum hit seems to be so clearly rendered on these things, and I've thrown a lot of musical styles at it as well. Amazing treble and mids also clearly define the NT-6 Pro.

One thing that people may not find so appealing with the NT-6 Pro is the bass. I'd think that many people would be turned off by the seemingly lacking bass, but I honestly like it. There's no thump that accompanies it, as I am accustomed to, anyway, being a huge fan of the MH335DW, JH13Pro, and headphones like the Abyss and the LCD-3. I originally thought this would discourage me from the NT-6s but nope! I'm still listening to it, and still enjoying the heck out of it.

As I'm typing this I'm listening to one of my favorite test tracks, Lazarus A.D.'s "Last Breath", and noting how much of the cymbals I can hear. Some IEMs I've used can't hope to catch up to the speed of the cymbals but the NT-6 can render them so well I seem to wonder how I've never really noticed the cymbals before. Another song I tested these things on is Daft Punk's "Fragments of Time", and it shows how subtle yet clear the bass is on the NT-6. Its so well controlled that I can't help but get lost in the music.

If I was to compare the NT-6 Pro to the JH13FP I'd say the JH13FP is a better all-around CIEM, and one that more people would probably appreciate. If you don't mind slight brightness, and a little coldness, in your sound sig, while looking for clarity and speed, I'd say you're looking for a Hidition NT-6.

What setup are you using?

I don't have the higher end equipment that you have for them, but the NT-6 Pro capabilities scale very nicely for me with better source and a better amp. They are really power hungry, so adding my BH2 to the mix adds that bass thump as well as slam throughout the frequency range you mentioned you may be missing. I am guessing that the NT6 pro has even more to give with a better amp as well. Remember, this is coming from a guy that has not heard the NT6 Pro with your RWAK120 or Balanced 901 or paired them with your ALO RX MK3-B or your Apex Glacier. In addition, I have never heard your JH Audio JH13Pro, UE PRM, or your FitEar MH335DW to compare them with the NT6 Pro. I would really love to have some prospective of how these sources and amps pair with the NT6 Pro and how they compare to your other CIEMs. 

As for my sources, they really make my Clip+ sound incredible, but moving up to my C3/BH2 combo, it is a whole different world. The slam here is enough that they can become fatiguing during a longer listening session. Previously, my favorite pairing was the C3/BH2 believing that the DX50 and NT6 Pro wasn't a particular good pairing. Then came DX50 firmware v1.2.5 which changed everything.

Now with the DX50 using the new firmware v1.2.5, the sound is another large step up. I cannot listen to anything else without missing that sound. The new DX50 firmware adds a 3D aspect to the sound that the NT6 Pro responds to impressively providing a renewed sound stage. Plus the added warmth of the new firmware eliminates the fatiguing aspect while providing impressive slam even without the additional amp. The upgrade provides additional texturing, detail, and thickness for a more intimate, natural, lifelike sound. Another side effect of the new DX50 firmware is that the volume/power has somehow increased making the addition of an external amp less important. The addition of my BH2 amp still provides more realism/thickness/power in the bass/sub-bass response, but it is not as obvious as before.

VisceriousZERO, can you talk a little about how the NT6 Pro responds to your different sources and amps and how it compares to your other CIEMs providing some order of personal preference? Sorry, I know that I am asking a lot. 
smile.gif

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #38 of 106
What setup are you using?

I don't have the higher end equipment that you have for them, but the NT-6 Pro capabilities scale very nicely for me with better source and a better amp. They are really power hungry, so adding my BH2 to the mix adds that bass thump as well as slam throughout the frequency range you mentioned you may be missing. I am guessing that the NT6 pro has even more to give with a better amp as well. Remember, this is coming from a guy that has not heard the NT6 Pro with your RWAK120 or Balanced 901 or paired them with your ALO RX MK3-B or your Apex Glacier. In addition, I have never heard your JH Audio JH13Pro, UE PRM, or your FitEar MH335DW to compare the with the NT6 Pro. I would really love to have some prospective of how these sources and amps pair with the NT6 Pro and how they come to your other CIEMs. 

As for my sources, they really make my Clip+ sound incredible, but moving up to my C3/BH2 combo, it is a whole different world. The slam here is enough that they can become fatiguing during a longer listening session. Previously, my favorite pairing was the C3/BH2 believing that the DX50 and NT6 Pro wasn't a particular good pairing. Then came DX50 firmware v1.2.5 which changed everything.

Now with the DX50 using the new firmware v1.2.5, the sound is another large step up. I cannot listen to anything else without missing that sound. The new DX50 firmware adds a 3D aspect to the sound that the NT6 Pro responds to impressively providing a renewed sound stage. Plus the added warmth of the new firmware eliminates the fatiguing aspect while providing impressive slam even without the additional amp. The upgrade provides additional texturing, detail, and thickness for a more intimate, natural, lifelike sound. Another side effect of the new DX50 firmware is that the volume/power has somehow increased making the addition of an external amp less important. The addition of my BH2 amp still provides more realism/thickness/power in the bass/sub-bass response, but it is not as obvious as before.

VisceriousZERO, can you talk a little about how the NT6 Pro responds to your different sources and amps and how it compares to your other CIEMs providing some order of personal preference? Sorry, I know that I am asking a lot. :smile:

No problem! Most of my initial listening was done with a Bryston BDP-2, with a TARA Labs AES/EBU, going to a Resonessence Invicta, out thru Harmonic Tech TruthLink RCAs to a Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Diamond Edition. Also I've mostly been listening to HDTracks stuff on that setup.

In the office I've been using a Fostex HP-A3 and a Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable.

Currently I'm charging my DX50 to try with other amps, and I've also been listening to my HM-901 especially on the go.

I'll put up more comparisons soon, maybe put that in a review :)

Nov 26, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #40 of 106
Just ordered a pair from Null Audio Singapore, great service from Kevin! Now the wait begins :pppp

Congratulations, welcome to the club. 
smile.gif

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #42 of 106
I am probably not the right person to ask about cables as I have stuck with the original upgrade cable from Hidition and I have been very happy. However, VisceriousZERO just got his new NT6 Pros and they appear to be different cables. I believe Mimouille has the Twag v3 which look the same as my stock upgrade cables from a recent picture he posted so they may have the same ergonomics as mine. But again, Hidition appears to have changed cables recently.

The only reason I can see for upgrading my cables given their current performance would be to go balanced if I was to invest in a balanced 901. I am still waiting for feedback from the club that it would be worth the investment before I take the plunge. In the meantime, I am enjoying the NT6 Pros with all my sources from my Clip+ to my DX50/BH2 combo. They are outstanding CIEMs, not that I have any other CIEMs to compare them with. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #43 of 106
  I believe Mimouille has the Twag v3 which look the same as my stock upgrade cables from a recent picture he posted so they may have the same ergonomics as mine. But again, Hidition appears to have changed cables recently.

First of all, I have the NT6, not the NT6 Pro :) Besides I have the Tralucent Silver V2, not the TWAG V2...so not really relevant to his question sorry :)

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #44 of 106

I believe Mimouille has the Twag v3 which look the same as my stock upgrade cables from a recent picture he posted so they may have the same ergonomics as mine. But again, Hidition appears to have changed cables recently.

First of all, I have the NT6, not the NT6 Pro :) Besides I have the Tralucent Silver V2, not the TWAG V2...so not really relevant to his question sorry :)

Ops, my bad on the cable. However, I was assuming that the NT6 and NT6 Pro share the same stock cable options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back