Hidition NT-6 PRO Appreciation/Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #47 of 106
Does NT-6 Pro have better mids than UM Miracle? is the mids also behind the bass? or?  

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #48 of 106
  Ops, my bad on the cable. However, I was assuming that the NT6 and NT6 Pro share the same stock cable options.

The stock cable seems to be the same for both, and it does improve both, but I do think the NT-6 benefits more vs. the standard cable.  

Just put up my Music-centric review! http://www.head-fi.org/products/hidition-nt-6pro/reviews/10111

Nice review!  Interesting note about the clarity vs. the JH13FP.  I don't have the JH13FP, but from what I know, the clarity is similar.

Does NT-6 Pro have better mids than UM Miracle? is the mids also behind the bass? or?  

I am not sure how much it will help, but I compared the UM PP6 with the NT-6 pro here (and if you missed my NT-6 pro review, here it is).  The PP6 is supposedly close to the Miracle in sound signature, but better overall in performance.

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #49 of 106
  Nice review!  Interesting note about the clarity vs. the JH13FP.  I don't have the JH13FP, but from what I know, the clarity is similar.

Thanks! I noted they sounded similar but there's a tad bit more separation and clarity for me anyway with the NT6-Pro. It may also be the brightness but as with everything audio.... YMMV!

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #50 of 106

Thanks! I noted they sounded similar but there's a tad bit more separation and clarity for me anyway with the NT6-Pro. It may also be the brightness but as with everything audio.... YMMV!

Viscerious Zero, can you give your thoughts on the NT-6 Pro vs the Noble K10s and also comment on what your overall favourite IEM is out of the ones you've heard?

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #51 of 106
Does anyone know if there's a place to demo these in NYC or San Francisco, or any other USA metropolitan city?

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #53 of 106

Does anyone know if there's a place to demo these in NYC or San Francisco, or any other USA metropolitan city?

Thanks!

Nope, unfortunately you have to purchase these "blindly" based on impressions from users online.

Thank you. If anyone has experience with the IEMs in my sig, which one is the NT6 Pro most similar and different to in terms of sound signature? Is there any other <$200 that has a similar signature? I know the quality will be very different, just trying to get a sense if this will work for me. Thank you.

Also, will Hidition be releasing any new products soon? What is their future plan to improve their IEMs?

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #54 of 106

Thank you. If anyone has experience with the IEMs in my sig, which one is the NT6 Pro most similar and different to in terms of sound signature? Is there any other <$200 that has a similar signature? I know the quality will be very different, just trying to get a sense if this will work for me. Thank you.

Also, will Hidition be releasing any new products soon? What is their future plan to improve their IEMs?

Sorry, haven't heard any of your IEMs. Not that I know of, there hasn't been any indication from Hidition that there will be any.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #55 of 106

Thanks!

Nope, unfortunately you have to purchase these "blindly" based on impressions from users online.

Hey sithjedi, it is really hard to compare signatures with a sub $200 iem as they are just on different levels. The NT6pro just seems to be on a much different level. They compare better to full sized headphones. They do almost everything right vs. a less expensive iem that does maybe one thing well. The NT6pro really do make my TF10s and Monster Coppers sound like children's toys and they are supposed to be some of the very best iems in your price range. There are two basic flavors of signatures, neutral/analytical vs. fun/warm/colored with the NT6pro being on the neutral side. My opinion of the NT6pros magic is their transparency and detail that comes from a very black background and their somewhat unique 5 way design. There is no vial at all and the wall of sound is removed. However, don't think that they don't have bass - they have plenty unless you compare them to a more colored bassy CIEM. They also scale incredibly with better DAPs, the X5 being the best pairing i have heard. They also make the Clip Zip sound incredible as well so they excel at all levels.

For reference, I chose the NT6pros after reading average_joe's multi-CIEM review which will gives you incredible detail vs. real competition placing them at the top with the SE5. There is also a multi-IEM review that probably has your personal IEMs included as well as the Hidition to give you another opinion.

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #56 of 106
  They do almost everything right vs. a less expensive iem that does maybe one thing well.

My opinion of the NT6pros magic is their transparency and detail

^This

sithjedi, the nt6 pros also respond very well to better amping. So if you do intend on getting these, make sure you have a decent quality amp driving them.

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #57 of 106
Thanks everyone. I won't be using an amp, so it sounds like these and the SE 5 way won't work for me. So I may try the JH16 or JH13. Several HFers have mentioned the detail on the NT6 pro might be overwhelming to someone new to the high end. So not sure what to do...

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #58 of 106
  Thanks everyone. I won't be using an amp, so it sounds like these and the SE 5 way won't work for me. So I may try the JH16 or JH13. Several HFers have mentioned the detail on the NT6 pro might be overwhelming to someone new to the high end. So not sure what to do...

Oh I didn't mean that you necessarily need a dedicated portable amp with these, as long as the DAP you plan on using with these have a decent internal amp, it will be fine. I'm just saying that if you ever want to upgrade you source and amp, the NT6 pros will scale :)

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #59 of 106

It is seemingly hard to go wrong with any of top tier CIEMs, so I am sure you will enjoy whatever you chose as long as you stay within your preferred signature. The JHA CIEMs do have a lot of demos floating around the states at various audiologists listed on their website so you may be able to try them before purchasing.

FYI, don't like using separate amps either. For that reason, the X5 and my NT6pros will probably be my end game setup for quite a while. At $350, the X5 is very affordable and certainly doesn't need an amp to drive the NT6pro to unbelievable sound quality. You can see my X5 review based mainly on the NT6pro pairing at:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-high-res-portable-music-player/reviews/10579

Also, although the NT6pro sounds better as you scale up DAPs or use nicer separate amps, that is a benefit in that there is more to come as you upgrade your audio chain. They still make the TF10 and Monster Coppers sound cheap in comparison even using a $30 clip as a source.

There is a lot of joy in the journey. Let us know what CIEM you finally end up getting.

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #60 of 106
Thank you for your comments. I think it's very telling that there have never been any Hiditions on the for sale forum. I think I will go for the NT6Pro, or go cheap and find some JH16 or JH13 FP and reshell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back