Hidition NT-6 PRO Appreciation/Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #91 of 106
  HELP!!!! Are there any Korean speakers on this thread that can help Pondu and myself out by calling Hidition for us? We both have the same repair and have been trying since October to get through to Hidition via email without a single response. We miss our NT6's very much and would love to get them repaired, but do not speak Korean to call directly. We are getting desperate. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Any luck on this, yet?
blink.gif

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #92 of 106

HELP!!!! Are there any Korean speakers on this thread that can help Pondu and myself out by calling Hidition for us? We both have the same repair and have been trying since October to get through to Hidition via email without a single response. We miss our NT6's very much and would love to get them repaired, but do not speak Korean to call directly. We are getting desperate. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Any luck on this, yet?
blink.gif

A little. They responded to their message board on the Hidition site requesting that I just use the emails that they have never replied to. Regardless, they gave me an address and instructions so I decided to take a chance and ship out to them. Obviously I am very concerned coupled with a concern about UPS being able to complete an international shipping without losing the CIEMs.

Dec 26, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #94 of 106
So good news, good news, and bad news. Hidition received my package and responded by email with solutions. They can fix my broken pin problem quick and cheap forgetting about the expensive shipping at only $11. However, in the process of analysing my CIEMs, they found other issues that would require a remold to resolve and at $330 for just the remold without the cost of any custom finish work, issue fixes, or shipping. Here is what they found:

"The low and  high band of right is degraded and the middleband of left is also degraded."

Going to have to get them back to perfect so I am taking the more extensive fix option.

Dec 26, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #95 of 106
  So good news, good news, and bad news. Hidition received my package and responded by email with solutions. They can fix my broken pin problem quick and cheap forgetting about the expensive shipping at only $11. However, in the process of analysing my CIEMs, they found other issues that would require a remold to resolve and at $330 for just the remold without the cost of any custom finish work, issue fixes, or shipping. Here is what they found:

"The low and  high band of right is degraded and the middleband of left is also degraded."

Going to have to get them back to perfect so I am taking the more extensive fix option.

Yeah... that's an unpleasant expense, but I totally agree that you just need to bite-the-bullet and get them back to working perfectly - no sense in having them working badly just to save a few bucks, considering how much you paid for them new.

Dec 26, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #96 of 106
  I have been auditioning CIEMs since getting the NT6pros some years ago and have been shocked at how well these compare to the other TOTL CIEMs. Keep in mind that I am comparing my custom fitting CIEMs to universal demos that is not really fair, but I have yet to hear any that beat the pros. In fact, compared to the TOTL HPs, the Pros often scale further with a great source. For example, in my opinion, the pros best the HD800 and the HEK when paired with the Ygg/Rok stack. That says a lot about a CIEM's SQ.

In recent comparisons, I find that the competition is getting closer, but not better. At a certain level, you are not getting better SQ, just different tunings that you may prefer over another. For example, are you a Abyss or a 009 fan - both in the exotic range but with very different tunings. What I am finding is that to match or come close to the NT6pro SQ, you are comparing to something in the $2K plus range compared to 1200 for the pro. Some comparables that I have heard lately are the Zeus-R, A12 Adel, k12, Harmony 8.2 and other large name TOTL CIEMs, but none beat the pro - just different tunings. If I could only have one, it would be the pro. If I could have two, then I would get a different tuning for different moods.

Now if only I can get these guys at Hidition to answer my emails as I am not lucky enough to be local to them nor speak Korean. My pro had a pin break off in my socket and need to get the socket replaced. I am going crazy without them functioning. Please tell Hidition next time you are in the shop to answer the email from the crazy guy in Seattle with the broken socket.

wow , so is NT6/pro as good as zeus ?

i know that NT6 are GOOD , but i didn't know they were that good 
basshead.gif

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #97 of 106

I have been auditioning CIEMs since getting the NT6pros some years ago and have been shocked at how well these compare to the other TOTL CIEMs. Keep in mind that I am comparing my custom fitting CIEMs to universal demos that is not really fair, but I have yet to hear any that beat the pros. In fact, compared to the TOTL HPs, the Pros often scale further with a great source. For example, in my opinion, the pros best the HD800 and the HEK when paired with the Ygg/Rok stack. That says a lot about a CIEM's SQ.

In recent comparisons, I find that the competition is getting closer, but not better. At a certain level, you are not getting better SQ, just different tunings that you may prefer over another. For example, are you a Abyss or a 009 fan - both in the exotic range but with very different tunings. What I am finding is that to match or come close to the NT6pro SQ, you are comparing to something in the $2K plus range compared to 1200 for the pro. Some comparables that I have heard lately are the Zeus-R, A12 Adel, k12, Harmony 8.2 and other large name TOTL CIEMs, but none beat the pro - just different tunings. If I could only have one, it would be the pro. If I could have two, then I would get a different tuning for different moods.

Now if only I can get these guys at Hidition to answer my emails as I am not lucky enough to be local to them nor speak Korean. My pro had a pin break off in my socket and need to get the socket replaced. I am going crazy without them functioning. Please tell Hidition next time you are in the shop to answer the email from the crazy guy in Seattle with the broken socket.

wow , so is NT6/pro as good as zeus ?

i know that NT6 are GOOD , but i didn't know they were that good 
basshead.gif

They are both TOTL CIEMs, but very different. The NT6pro is all about transparency and punch where the Zeus R is all about 3D sound. Both are very detailed, but in very different ways. I think it comes down to preferences at this level. Didn't hear the Zeus R on the Ygg/Rok stack to compare scaling to the NT6pro.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #98 of 106
Finally got a response from Hidition about getting my NT6pros fixed. They say the cost is within $100 of just having a new one made - that I should just buy a new one. Does that sound right? Is this typical of other CIEM manufacturers in getting a simple repair?

Remember, these are great looking, great sounding CIEMs that simply had a pin break off in the socket and needed a socket replaced so I could plug in a cable. They offered to fix the pin for $10 plus $60 shipping for a total of $70 - but said that there were some significant issues they were hearing in their test that suggested it needed some repair. I agreed to let them do a full remold so they could check and get it back to full working status. I personally never heard a problem but figured, what the hell, its there and could use a tune up. They said the remold would be $350 plus any parts needed. I figured worse case, $500 and I would have a good as new CIEM. So I paid another $50 for a new set of molds, and another $30 in shipping to get them there. So net, net, I have spent around $100 to get my awesome CIEMs to them for a simple repair, and now I have nothing unless I want to pay them another $60 to ship back a bunch of non-working parts. Oh, I guess they gave me an option of buying a new one at full price.

I feel like I am getting hijacked by Hidition - am I looking at this wrong? What's my recourse? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #99 of 106
i would send them over to Piotr at custom art to have them examined/reshelled

great guy, great prices and he reshelled my NT6 like a pro

Jan 28, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #101 of 106
Could anyone please outline the purchase process - quite confused as to whether I should use their email (which email do they check anyway) or website. Do they accept Paypal?
Not sure if they accept PayPal. I bought mine in person. http://hidition.co.kr/notice/81581

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #102 of 106
Good news guys, my new Hidition NT6pros are being mailed back to me tomorrow. Better news, we may have a US Hidition tour on our hands!!!!! Will let you know as soon as I hear what is in the tour kit, but assuming it is the NT6, NT6pro, and Viento demos, this should be an exciting tour on our hands to finally compare the pro vs. the non-pro as well as compare the Viento to see if we can get both in one package.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #103 of 106
popcorn.gif

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #104 of 106
Apr 23, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #105 of 106
New cable for my NT6 pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back