HibyMusic Android and iOS Music Player - Bit-perfect USB Output; Network and Dropbox Streaming
May 13, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #331 of 398
44.1/88.2… whatever the track SR is-did further testing. With Tidal on Hiby (DAtmos track) claims is not compatible and will play in stereo. With Tidal on my ASUs Rog 16 laptop and RS6 iii connected as DAC, Tidal doesn’t complain and R6 iii sees the incoming MQA studio stream as 44/88/96 and I notice the Atmos mix difference versus normal (compared the track “Sara” from Fleetwood Mac) - so I think Dolby Atmos is just SW processing (done on Tidal desktop) and sent to DAC. If this is true, then Tidal on Android doesn’t support that processing. Thoughts?
Interestingly Qobuz doesn't claim it can't play Dolby Atmos... But IF the track is already mixed and the endpoint (R6 iii in this case) doesn't need to decode it will play - should be the case.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230513-115415.png
    Screenshot_20230513-115415.png
    347.6 KB · Views: 0
May 31, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #332 of 398
Sorry, is there a dark theme for Hiby Music app? If so, where can you enable it from? Thank you.

May 31, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #333 of 398
I couldn't find an option to change this behavior-Hiby music recognizes the track numbers but even starting playing from track 1 next tracks will always be random and not in sequence
Under the album art it shows "Shuffle All", this is the issue. Need to change it to "Sequential Play" to have the track play in order.

Hope this helps.

Jun 5, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #337 of 398
Ok let's see if this helps.
In this first picture, it's similar to what you posted. It shows "Shuffle All" with the total songs in the folder.
20230605_193551.jpg

In this next picture, I just touched the song at the bottom of the picture above to bring up the current song playing. This picture shows 2 lines on the left side, next to the image. This is the area I touch to change the play modes.
20230605_193619.jpg

See if any of this helps you.

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #338 of 398
Ok let's see if this helps.
In this first picture, it's similar to what you posted. It shows "Shuffle All" with the total songs in the folder.
20230605_193551.jpg
In this next picture, I just touched the song at the bottom of the picture above to bring up the current song playing. This picture shows 2 lines on the left side, next to the image. This is the area I touch to change the play modes.
20230605_193619.jpg
See if any of this helps you.
That’s a tricky find… it works. Many 🙏🏻

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #340 of 398
On new Hi by Music Version the new streaming Qobuz option seems to be limited to 16bit/44.1KHz can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230608-160140.png
    Screenshot_20230608-160140.png
    409.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230608-160211.png
    Screenshot_20230608-160211.png
    620 KB · Views: 0
Jun 16, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #341 of 398
On new Hi by Music Version the new streaming Qobuz option seems to be limited to 16bit/44.1KHz can anyone confirm?
It is. The developers did not have access to a hi-res subscription for testing because Qobuz didn't take payments from China. I've fixed that for them now and we can look forward to hi res qobuz support in the app in the future.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 8, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #342 of 398
Hiby R6 III, Hiby music. Tried that first, as it seemed the logical thing to do, but nothing happens
Hi, I'm stuck with the shuffle play option in the Hiby player app. Can't find the switch, it's always shuffling. I hate it. Any idea how to disable it? Otherwise I like it a lot. Straightforward player w/o whistles & bells.

Jul 8, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #343 of 398
Hi, I'm stuck with the shuffle play option in the Hiby player app. Can't find the switch, it's always shuffling. I hate it. Any idea how to disable it? Otherwise I like it a lot. Straightforward player w/o whistles & bells.
The mode switch is in the now playing screen (accessed from the bottom of most other screens). The shuffle sign looks like a figure 8 lying on its side. Change that to what you want.

Playlists have a Shuffle All button on top. The (perhaps mistaken) assumption was that if you'd like to play all tracks in sequence, you'd just tap the first track...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 8, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #344 of 398
The mode switch is in the now playing screen (accessed from the bottom of most other screens). The shuffle sign looks like a figure 8 lying on its side. Change that to what you want.

Playlists have a Shuffle All button on top. The (perhaps mistaken) assumption was that if you'd like to play all tracks in sequence, you'd just tap the first track...

I tried it but when I choose Sequential Play the shuffled list stays. It's maddening. I found out that I can move the tracks in the list to the correct order by clicking and moving them up or down. A bit clumsy though as I have to look up the correct order first on the album I have or on Disc Cogs, there should be an easier way. I'd like to just make all albums play in the correct order. I hate shuffled albums. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back