HibyMusic Android and iOS Music Player - Bit-perfect USB Output; Network and Dropbox Streaming
Sep 28, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #316 of 398
First, my apologies for not browsing this entire topic, but I’m hoping for a link to a user guide for the HiBy Music app (iOS), and connecting it to DLNA. My apologies for being impatient, but I’ll browse this topic as soon as I send this general inquiry off.

I’m using it with a Topping M50 streamer, which is presently set up for and logged into my LAN. It is configured for also configured for HiByLink.

I’ve run the HiBy app, and I’ve connected to the M50 via HibyLink… but questions remain…

Primary question… how do I list available DLNA servers, and select one (I have 2, JRiver and MinimServer on a NAS)? That is, the app provides for “import music from wifi” but where it takes me does not seem to be associated with DLNA. I was expecting to see a list of DLNA servers, and to log on from there.

What is the app’s login for? That is, there’s no association with anything. What am I registering for? I realize I’ll have to log into my DLNA, but expected that later and after selecting it from the list (2). I did register, but the app responded in Chinese and I cannot seem to change the language, so I’m confused.

Lastly… the problems I’m having may be associated with a misunderstanding of the M50 streamer. I’ve connected the M50’s USB-A OTG port with the USB input for my DX3Pro+ DAC/amp, but the HiBy app wants to play music output via my iPad and not via the DAC/amp. I’d be particularly interested in hear from someone using the M50 as I’m trying to do, but I’ll be posting this also at another M50 forum, and will report back…

TIA :)
To use the DLNA functionality of HiBy Music, you need to get into the Private Cloud tab, which is usually hidden to the right of Title, Folder, Album, Artist etc. Scroll right (swipe left with your finger) to reveal the tab and select it.

The app login these days is used for associating with any optional purchases (such as MQA functionality)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 28, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #317 of 398
To use the DLNA functionality of HiBy Music, you need to get into the Private Cloud tab, which is usually hidden to the right of Title, Folder, Album, Artist etc. Scroll right (swipe left with your finger) to reveal the tab and select it.

The app login these days is used for associating with any optional purchases (such as MQA functionality)

Are you using the Android app? Shenzhen Audio is claiming absolutely no DLNA support for the iOS version, and I’ve already returned the M50. I know some iOS apps support DLNA (e.g., Neutron), but is it possible that iOS doesn’t allow for instructing the client where to send the PCM (out the USB, rather than local player)

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #318 of 398
Are you using the Android app? Shenzhen Audio is claiming absolutely no DLNA support for the iOS version, and I’ve already returned the M50. I know some iOS apps support DLNA (e.g., Neutron), but is it possible that iOS doesn’t allow for instructing the client where to send the PCM (out the USB, rather than local player)
I did check that the iOS HiBy Music has the DLNA option as well

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #319 of 398
Sorry for the insistence.
Music is stored on a 2.5" exFAT hard disk drive connected to a powered USB hub.
If I connect it to my Hiby R6-2020 (Android 10 if I'm not mistaken) the app recognizes it and uses it, with or without the hub.
If I connect it to the Samsung phone (Android 12) the app recognizes and uses it (actually this is indirect information: a friend tried on his phone with a hdd of his own).
But when I connect it to a tablet with Android 12, with or without the hub, the app does not see it and only reports the internal storage.

In any case when I installed the app I gave the management permission to all files, including the system ones (thinking it was useful to mount the USB device).

The usb hdd has no problem with other apps like "file", "Onkyo HF", "Usb Audio Player Pro: I can browse and scan and play the songs without problems.
Since the system and other apps are recognizing the hdd I suppose it can't be a fault of the hub or of the cable.

Thanks for and help…
I would like to report that this has been fixed at HiBy HQ, pending the next release which is scheduled for the second half of October. :)

Oct 1, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #320 of 398
I would like to report that this has been fixed at HiBy HQ, pending the next release which is scheduled for the second half of October. :)
Wonderful!
Thank you Joe & Hiby!

Oct 1, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #321 of 398
I did check that the iOS HiBy Music has the DLNA option as well

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find any menu item for DLNA while trying to get it to work with the Topping M50.

I also got an email from Shenzhen Audio, which I believe was in response to my support query to HiBy support, … to quote…
Apple only supports Airplay

Android only supports DLNA

… so I quit looking, and returned the M50. Like I said… unfortunate…

Nov 1, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #322 of 398
I installed HiBy Music app 4.1.3 (APK) on my FiiO M11 Pro (Android).

The previous version worked, but would not connect to Tidal.

The new 4.1.3 app opens on the M11Pro, but hangs on the opening screen (showing 5 dots, first dot is yellow).

FIXED... you have to swipe left at the opening screen. Not very intuitive (or I have lost my touch).

Now I can listen to Tidal with the HiBy EQ :)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #323 of 398
Sorry to say I'm still having this issue, after the update of the app.
My music is in a exFAT HD drive I connect via USB using different hardware&software player:
- Hiby R6 2020 (Android 10) recognize it, scan and play music from it (HibyMusic and other apps)
- Smartphone (Android 10) works the same...
- a tablet with Android 12 recognize the HD drive, other apps can scan and play music from it... HibyMusic show only the internal storage and does not list the HD drive...

Anyone could check a player with Android 12 and HibyMusic app just to know if it's general issue or only my device fault?
Thanks for any help!

Nov 16, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #324 of 398
Has anyone gotten the HibyMusic iOS app to connect to and search a server's contents? I am having a difficult time understanding how to properly input my server's information so that I can access the servers contents. I keep getting the response "SMB connection refused" when I input my server information.

If someone could reply with a tutorial of how to connect to a server, I'd appreciate it.

Dec 18, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #325 of 398
Hi there, I've been using hibymusic for almost 2 years now, and I've find it amazing for my uses albeit with its own share of issues.

Personally the lack of a queue system (such as the ones seen in Spotify/tidal/Roon) is quite inconvenient; I end up needing to wait till the current song finishes before clicking on the next one.

Is there any solution to this? Is this being worked on currently?

Mar 25, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #326 of 398
Hi there, I've been using hibymusic for almost 2 years now, and I've find it amazing for my uses albeit with its own share of issues.

Personally the lack of a queue system (such as the ones seen in Spotify/tidal/Roon) is quite inconvenient; I end up needing to wait till the current song finishes before clicking on the next one.

Is there any solution to this? Is this being worked on currently?
This was one of the first functions I asked for and got when I got onboard years ago. Tap on the down arrow next to any song or hold your finger on it to expand the menu which includes, among other things, options to enqueue as the next track or to add to the end of the current queue.

I might rather ask why you weren't able to find it, to put as feedback to the UI design team?

May 8, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #327 of 398
Hiby music- Tidal - doesn't play Dolby Atmos tracks - unsupported ? It should be seen as a 44.1KHz stream... Tried with several albums always error - see attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230508-160217.png
    Screenshot_20230508-160217.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230508-160213.png
    Screenshot_20230508-160213.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 0
May 9, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #328 of 398
Hiby music- Tidal - doesn't play Dolby Atmos tracks - unsupported ? It should be seen as a 44.1KHz stream... Tried with several albums always error - see attached
Not yet supported. Not sure what you mean by it should be seen as a 44.1kHz stream.

May 9, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #329 of 398
Not yet supported. Not sure what you mean by it should be seen as a 44.1kHz stream.
44.1/88.2… whatever the track SR is-did further testing. With Tidal on Hiby (DAtmos track) claims is not compatible and will play in stereo. With Tidal on my ASUs Rog 16 laptop and RS6 iii connected as DAC, Tidal doesn’t complain and R6 iii sees the incoming MQA studio stream as 44/88/96 and I notice the Atmos mix difference versus normal (compared the track “Sara” from Fleetwood Mac) - so I think Dolby Atmos is just SW processing (done on Tidal desktop) and sent to DAC. If this is true, then Tidal on Android doesn’t support that processing. Thoughts?

May 11, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #330 of 398
I couldn't find an option to change this behavior-Hiby music recognizes the track numbers but even starting playing from track 1 next tracks will always be random and not in sequence

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230511-111651.png
    Screenshot_20230511-111651.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back