HibyMusic Android and iOS Music Player - Bit-perfect USB Output; Network and Dropbox Streaming
May 16, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #241 of 398
Good for you, I wouldn't trust google with my data personally.

Not saying Google is trustworthy, in fact my main phone runs custom ROM and with no gapps. The issue here is not about data privacy, though.

Would I trust a Chinese apk site for installing binary executable on my phones, no way!

May 18, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #242 of 398
Hmm, wouldn't trust any of the Chinese apk download sites (Even the "major" ones). With Google Play Store at least there's some sort of vetting process
Well, truth be told, HiByMusic is temporarily off the Play Store shelves because of issues it imagines it sees with our bug submission framework in the app. So if you trust google's judgement in these matters, by all means hold off on downloading our app for now. We don't mind :sweat_smile:

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 18, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #243 of 398
Not saying Google is trustworthy, in fact my main phone runs custom ROM and with no gapps. The issue here is not about data privacy, though.

Would I trust a Chinese apk site for installing binary executable on my phones, no way!
I don't know about the site being Chinese, but downloading an apk from a site for installation is a different thing from giving an app permissions to install apps on your phone.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 24, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #246 of 398
Screenshot_20200824-122737.jpg

The automatic cover art fetcher still needs some improvement. It fetches unrelated images from baidu or else. Is lastfm, discogs, musicbrainz all blocked in China? That would be so much better to fetches art cover from there.

Sep 1, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #249 of 398
Since I already own a Hiby R6 DAP I downloaded Hiby music player from Google Play to use on my LG V30 and G7 and it works great. However, I also downloaded it for iOS on the Apple app store but I’m running into problems. For some reason the EQ, plugins and MSEB sound settings don’t work on my iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 13.6.1. I guess this is a bug?

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #251 of 398
I'm using the latest Hiby Music app on an LG G8 ThinQ. While playing a song (whether mp3, flac or hi-res 24/44.1), the sound will stutter (pause for 1/8 of a second and then resume). Happens intermittently--maybe once every 30 to 60 seconds. I've not enabled EQ, MSEB, Plugins or other special settings. Happens whether I'm using Bluetooth headphones or wired headphones via the 1/8 connector. Happens whether the file I'm playing is in internal memory or on the SD card. The other player apps I use do not have this problem. Are there some settings in the app, or in Android, that I should adjust to avoid this stuttering?

I use the same Hiby Music app version on my Samsung Tab A tablet, and don't have the stuttering problem on that, so it must be something related to the LG phone, but strange that it doesn't happen in other apps on that phone. Must be some conflict between the Hiby app and the LG audio subsystem.

EDIT (follow-up): after an LG phone system update and reboot the problem seems to have corrected itself.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #253 of 398
just installed hiby on my android phone (lenovo k51c78 aka vibe x3 lite). do i need to set bit perfect playing in hiby settings or everything is already set just by installing?

other then that, i'm curious does this bit perfect playing counts if i'm playing music through my bluetooth speaker (anker motion +). this speaker have bluetooth 5 and qualcomm aptx but my phone is having bluetooth 4.1

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #255 of 398
Is there a way to backup the "Favourite" playlist of the Hiby music player? I've successfully backed up my custom created playlist, but see no option to export the "Favourite". I want to back this one up too and can't find where it's stored locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back