HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Mar 15, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #3,301 of 3,403
Oh ok! So no need for UAPP! Amazing!

Thanks!
No need is correct ... But nice to have also applies ... As UAPP offers way more than "just" bitperfect. UAPP allows you to connect to Tidal and Qobuz within one single app, but also stream from Dropbox libraries, UPNP libraries etc ... UAPP also allows you to drive external USB DACS (Deskop or Dongle) to their full potential .. For me UAPP represents a true Swiss Army Knife of Streaming that is usable on just about every (Open) Android DAP ....

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #3,302 of 3,403
Still Roon Arc seems to not being able to output bit perfect yet on the RS8...

No need is correct ... But nice to have also applies ... As UAPP offers way more than "just" bitperfect. UAPP allows you to connect to Tidal and Qobuz within one single app, but also stream from Dropbox libraries, UPNP libraries etc ... UAPP also allows you to drive external USB DACS (Deskop or Dongle) to their full potential .. For me UAPP represents a true Swiss Army Knife of Streaming that is usable on just about every (Open) Android DAP ....

Mar 19, 2024 at 4:28 AM Post #3,304 of 3,403
HiBy RS8 - Version 1.30 firmware update

Changelog:
1. Added PEQ function (Audio Settings -> PEQ);
2. Added digital volume adjustment and locking (Line Out/USB/Coaxial Output supported; default locked and cannot be adjusted);
3. Various bug fixes.

Simply go to Settings -> System -> Systems Updates->Click "Check Version" while connected to the internet through WiFi to search for and install the new update.

Mar 19, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #3,305 of 3,403
Adding new FIR filters (Darwin v2) is still an insurmountable problem for developers.

Mar 19, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #3,307 of 3,403
Adding new FIR filters (Darwin v2) is still an insurmountable problem for developers.
Just download 'em, though yeah it seems kinda a joke not having them fixed them in yet

Mar 19, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #3,308 of 3,403
Just download 'em, though yeah it seems kinda a joke not having them fixed them in yet
Was going to say...just DL them. I'd also like to see the Mastermind plugin available for R8 II. I wonder if the lack of variable lineout in RS8 is a hardware limitation.

Mar 19, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #3,309 of 3,403
I downloaded darwin 2 a long time ago, it's not a problem. i also don't see a problem adding it to the firmware for everyone.

Mar 19, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #3,310 of 3,403
I downloaded darwin 2 a long time ago, it's not a problem. i also don't see a problem adding it to the firmware for everyone.
Maybe they are focusing on making it so it's not an overwrite but an addition? Also on the R8 II it seems the graph of the Darwin Ultra is the same as other filters, probably they gotta implement that too.

Mar 19, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #3,311 of 3,403
Maybe they are focusing on making it so it's not an overwrite but an addition? Also on the R8 II it seems the graph of the Darwin Ultra is the same as other filters, probably they gotta implement that too.
Still, it is just a software - must not be rocket science to implement.
There was one opinion in our forum, suspecting Hiby keeps Darwin II for adding some additional “competitiveness” to recent models.

Of course it is weird that most expensive model stopped getting features updates just in one year..

Mar 19, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #3,312 of 3,403
There was one opinion in our forum, suspecting Hiby keeps Darwin II for adding some additional “competitiveness” to recent models.

Of course it is weird that most expensive model stopped getting features updates just in one year..
Um, it just got system-wide PEQ.

Mar 19, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #3,314 of 3,403
Mar 19, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #3,315 of 3,403
Agreed. Yes I know you can sideload but that’s a faff (…and noted some users had issues...). Commitment to DarwinV2 via firmware was made in July ‘23. Can we at least get some transparency on what the issue is and is the intention to release as firmware at some point, or is that commitment no longer the case. Just be straightforward.

@Joe Bloggs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back