HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Oct 4, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #2,866 of 3,438
The dignis case provides very good rear protection, and better temperature dissipation, along with the best possible aesthetics.

best regards

Sisco
Indeed, the Dignis case is great. I received the blue version last week. I also installed a new screen protector, made of glass instead of plastic. Looks as new!

2023-10-04 09.08.36.jpg
2023-10-04 09.09.24.jpg

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #2,867 of 3,438
Indeed, the Dignis case is great. I received the blue version last week. I also installed a new screen protector, made of glass instead of plastic. Looks as new!

2023-10-04 09.08.36.jpg2023-10-04 09.09.24.jpg
Which glass protector did you purchase? I could not find one to fit well due to the screen of the RS8 is not fully flat.

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #2,868 of 3,438
Which glass protector did you purchase? I could not find one to fit well due to the screen of the RS8 is not fully flat.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...661679d2crcTeW&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

Please note, the edges aren't cut off as the pictures on Aliexpress suggest, but the corners are largely covered by the case anyway. I don't think this product was made for the RS8; there is nothing on the packaging to suggest that. I think it just happens to fit pretty well on this device.

2023-10-04 13.36.00.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #2,869 of 3,438
My Hiby RS8 just died... it was on, paused... I answered the phone for about 10 minutes, and when I went back to listening, it was off... and there is no way for the RS8 to turn on... I have tried Hold the power button for 20 seconds...if you press the power button and the bottom button(In Charge mode), a reset screen appears, but nothing...it's dead.

I have only charged it twice, in the HIBY CR08 Dock….I tried it for a moment with the apple charger in case it did something different... but everything was the same..In Picture..

If you leave it charging, it stays Flashing all the time..

IMG_9935.JPG

It was with a battery charge of 65%

I am very sad that such an expensive device has only worked for 3 days...I don't understand it...

I just sent a message to Andrew from Musicteck...

Best Regards

Sisco

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #2,871 of 3,438
Oct 4, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #2,872 of 3,438
My Hiby RS8 just died... it was on, paused... I answered the phone for about 10 minutes, and when I went back to listening, it was off... and there is no way for the RS8 to turn on... I have tried Hold the power button for 20 seconds...if you press the power button and the bottom button(In Charge mode), a reset screen appears, but nothing...it's dead.

IMG_9935.JPG

I am very sad that such an expensive device has only worked for 3 days...I don't understand it...

Best Regards

Sisco
Sorry to hear this. There’s a Hiby rep in this thread who is very responsive and can probably help you out.

Oct 4, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #2,873 of 3,438
Oct 4, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #2,874 of 3,438

I have only charged it twice, in the HIBY CR08 Dock….I tried it for a moment with the apple charger in case it did something different... but everything was the same..In Picture..

IMG_9935.JPG

Best Regards

Sisco

You had it in CR08 dock, but what charger did you use? Apple chargers could be wonky with Android devices, just like Samsung chargers with their own "fast charging" chips that don't work with many Cayin and Hiby daps. Try another charger and cable.

Btw, Andy/Cayin just mentioned about Qualcomm safe mode here in N30LE thread, also common with many DAPs using qualcomm SoC, when something goes wrong during charging, they shut down for protection. Also, try to reset RS8, power + skip below play for 20-30sec.

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #2,875 of 3,438
I am charging now with a UGREEN charger that always charged the Cayin C9 a time ago...but we must remember that it died while it was paused without connecting to the charger...at 65% battery...with NEUTRON app...

While is charging,its flashing all the time..HIBY..every 2 seconds..Nothing happen 30-40-50 seconds...Holding 2 buttons

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #2,876 of 3,438
I am charging now with a UGREEN charger that always charged the Cayin C9 a time ago...but we must remember that it died while it was paused without connecting to the charger...at 65% battery...with NEUTRON app...

While is charging,its flashing all the time..HIBY..every 2 seconds..Nothing happen 30-40-50 seconds...Holding 2 buttons
There's a button combination for entering recovery mode, from which a factory reset is probably your best bet, then we have to look at possible issues with the charger you were using. But first we have to get the device into an off state somehow, as the button combination works when the device is powering on.

Would the device turn off now, if you unplug the charger?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 4, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #2,877 of 3,438

Further to the above,

The button combination to enter recovery mode is holding down Prev Track (button next to the power button) and then Power button at the same time. Do this, until an android lying on its back is shown. Then release the buttons, hold the power button and then tap the Prev Track button again, to enter the recovery menu proper. From there, navigate the menus using the prev and next track buttons and select using the power menu. Select factory reset after removing any microSD card.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 5, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #2,878 of 3,438
HI,tks for answering....BUT..

I repeat what happened again.
The device was on and paused. I left for 10 minutes, and when I came back, it was off.
Since then there has been no way to turn it on. I have left it charging all night... and nothing at all
The only way to turn on the options screen for off, on, recovery mode, etc. when it is plugged into the charger, is by pressing the NEXT track button... the one furthest from the power button.
I can go to the options by pressing the top or bottom one, but when I select it with the power button, it does nothing and turns off again, constantly flashing the hiby anagram... but I repeat... it is connected to the charger
If I disconnect it... I have pressed all the possible combinations for more than 1 minute, and it does not respond... it does not turn on...
I think this unit is defective...for me it’s a battery issue

IMG_9941.JPGIMG_9942.JPGIMG_9943.JPGIMG_9944.JPGIMG_9945.JPGIMG_9946.JPG

I contacted Andrew from Musicteck, who also told me about different button combinations, and when I spoke to him about returning, he told me that I should talk to HIBY first, but that they are on vacation until October 7th.

Best Regards

Sisco

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #2,879 of 3,438
If I have to return my unit, would it be possible to do so to the Spanish or European distributor?

It is to try to avoid very expensive courier costs and possible return customs..-

is a question that I throw into the air

best regards

Sisco

Oct 5, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #2,880 of 3,438
If I have to return my unit, would it be possible to do so to the Spanish or European distributor?

It is to try to avoid very expensive courier costs and possible return customs..-

is a question that I throw into the air

best regards

Sisco
For the return of my RS6 that had to be swapped for a grey one, I used regular tracked post (cheap) to China, declared a low value and added a description of "defective product repair" .. There were no return customs as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back