HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Mar 24, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #1,981 of 3,436
N7 is my portable RS8 🤭 when I'm out and about

IMG_0987.JPG
This kind of pics should be banned from the forum, now that I've seen it I'll have to call my psychologist to get an urgent consultation! :beerchug:

Mar 24, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #1,982 of 3,436
Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #1,983 of 3,436
What's this, the year just started, you need to find a side job! hahahaha

Thanks for your feedback, I was under the impression that they had used the same DAC in both but it seems finally that there are differences, or maybe it's more related to the power supply and line out components that are higher quality in the RS8.
@twister6 has a nice write up
https://twister6.com/2022/12/18/hiby-rs8/

“But there are also changes as part of Darwin II introduction. The number of high precision resistors have doubled from 92 to 184, including the upgrade to 12 high speed electronic switches (also doubled from RS6) which according to Hiby supposed to improve the dynamics by 15dB. Other discrete components have been upgraded to top-shelf expensive caps, such as 4 Elna SILMIC II silk fibre capacitors (for tube-like timbre), 47 high-capacity tantalum capacitors, and 10 Panasonic thin-film POSCAPs. Those who are into DIY will know these are all pricey components.”

Mar 25, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #1,984 of 3,436
N7 is my portable RS8 🤭 when I'm out and about.
IMG_0987.JPG

This kind of pics should be banned from the forum, now that I've seen it I'll have to call my psychologist to get an urgent consultation! :beerchug:
Well, this pic gives me an opportunity to ask whether some insight in the form of a thread or a survey or similar is available on social and personal aspects involved in this hobby of ours. Like asking or pondering on
  1. how folks handle this socially, i.e. small family, large family, single, etc,
  2. how folks handle this financially, i.e. how folks handle the capital expenditures, and how folks handle their ”Department of Finance“ if there is one,
  3. how folks handle this time-wise, i.e. find the time for listening, alone or together, and find ways to retreat for listening sessions.
Question 3 is the one that currently haunts me most.

Is there anything around on this forum?

Mar 25, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #1,985 of 3,436
Well, this pic gives me an opportunity to ask whether some insight in the form of a thread or a survey or similar is available on social and personal aspects involved in this hobby of ours. Like asking or pondering on
  1. how folks handle this socially, i.e. small family, large family, single, etc,
  2. how folks handle this financially, i.e. how folks handle the capital expenditures, and how folks handle their ”Department of Finance“ if there is one,
  3. how folks handle this time-wise, i.e. find the time for listening, alone or together, and find ways to retreat for listening sessions.

These are existential questions and really define how we each approach the hobby. For a much broader response, you should post this on the Watercooler thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...anter-index-on-first-page-all-welcome.957426/

Mar 25, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #1,986 of 3,436
Mar 25, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #1,987 of 3,436

1. how folks handle this socially, i.e. small family, large family, single, etc.
    • Single and luckily share this and other passions with close friends who have similar interests (watches, cars, audio, travel, food, cameras). We'll GTG (get-to-together) 2 to 3 times a month, grab drinks and dine late into the night.
  2. how folks handle this financially, i.e. how folks handle the capital expenditures, and how folks handle their ”Department of Finance“ if there is one
    • Been financial fiscal growing up – save, save, save and setting a monthly budget and caps for purchases. Having a rewarding career that financially supports your passions helps a lot.
  3. how folks handle this time-wise, i.e. find the time for listening, alone or together, and find ways to retreat for listening sessions
    • During the day, primarily 2-channel while working but if I block out the day for heads down work, will retreat to IEMs and DAPs.
    • And definitely in the evening or before bed, giving me a chance to unwind and relax.

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #1,988 of 3,436
  1. how folks handle this socially, i.e. small family, large family, single, etc.
    • Single and luckily share this and other passions with close friends who have similar interests (watches, cars, audio, travel, food, cameras). We'll GTG (get-to-together) 2 to 3 times a month, grab drinks and dine late into the night.
  2. how folks handle this financially, i.e. how folks handle the capital expenditures, and how folks handle their ”Department of Finance“ if there is one
    • Been financial fiscal growing up – save, save, save and setting a monthly budget and caps for purchases. Having a rewarding career that financially supports your passions helps a lot.
  3. how folks handle this time-wise, i.e. find the time for listening, alone or together, and find ways to retreat for listening sessions
    • During the day, primarily 2-channel while working but if I block out the day for heads down work, will retreat to IEMs and DAPs.
    • And definitely in the evening or before bed, giving me a chance to unwind and relax.
Thank you for being so open on yourself!

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #1,989 of 3,436

Socially, you got hobbies your spouse/significant other gotta respect that. Financially, just buy within your means. Time wise is the trick. Some days i can stay one hour listening to music in my headphones, another day i might not even touch my dap.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #1,990 of 3,436
Hello, I have a big problem with my rs8. I am very sad.
I feel like there is an internal problem.
today while I was listening to music with tidal, there was a fairly loud sound (it sounded like a sound with a "poc" impact noise) then there was no sound.

I restarted the RS8 but still no sound. I tried with apple music and qobuz and the problem was the same, no sound coming out of the multiverse UMs. I tried with other headphones but still the same problem.
I reset the RS8 twice to factory configuration but still the same problem.
I tried the output on LO on my Euterpe auris amp and no sound.
I reinstalled qobuz, tidal and still no sound.
I also tried tidal on the hiby music application, it shows the music playing but no sound in the headphones.
Every time I stop the music 2-3 seconds later I hear a noise in the headphones. 9a makes like a sharp clipping noise.

I installed the latest firmware this week.

Mar 26, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #1,991 of 3,436
today while I was listening to music with tidal, there was a fairly loud sound (it sounded like a sound with a "poc" impact noise) then there was no sound.

I restarted the RS8 but still no sound. I tried with apple music and qobuz and the problem was the same, no sound coming out of the multiverse UMs. I tried with other headphones but still the same problem.
I also tried tidal on the hiby music application, it shows the music playing but no sound in the headphones.
Every time I stop the music 2-3 seconds later I hear a noise in the headphones. 9a makes like a sharp clipping noise.

this sounds REAL bad. Any bad smell?

Mar 26, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #1,992 of 3,436

Have you tried factory reset option?

Mar 26, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #1,993 of 3,436

Have you tried factory reset option?
He says yes he did that 2x in the middle of post.

@sari53 I’m sure based on your experience just like mine any time an amplifier makes a ‘pop’ noise and then doesn’t put any power out the amplifier has a serious issue and needs serviced or replaced.

Contact @HiByMusic customer support and initiate a warranty claim.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #1,994 of 3,436
Greetings fellow RS8 owners,

I have a question regarding the NOS toggle, from their website it is mentioned that if the NOS toggle is off it automatically upsampling everything by 16x.
But the bitrate at the top of the screen stated the original bitrate, also the pulsar light is lime green.
Is there any way to verify if the device is doing the upsampling?

Mar 27, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #1,995 of 3,436

Bro sorry to hear. Lets contact Hiby for fixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back