HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Jan 19, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #1,711 of 3,413
How does the RS8 drive your stealth? Is it a lot weaker on the bass compared to the caldera?
Oh yeah definitely not enough current to adequately power the Stealths in its own. As a DAC going into the iCan Pro though … *chefs kiss*

Jan 19, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #1,712 of 3,413
Agreed! Also for those of us who have the dock, the plastic protector would interfere with the magnets and cooling a bit.

I just end up not touching the back when I’m handling it haha.
I just have cut a piece 7cm X12cm from a standard transparent nylon binder and I slipped in the leather case with the RS8, without glueing: it is very thin and stand in place being hold by the leather case... it works fine and can be easily removed if needed, and has cost 0...
In this way I am protected from accidental scratches

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 21.43.13.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 21.43.13.png
    213 KB · Views: 0
Jan 19, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #1,713 of 3,413
I just have cut a piece 7cm X12cm from a standard transparent nylon binder and I slipped in the leather case with the RS8, without glueing: it is very thin and stand in place being hold by the leather case... it works fine and can be easily removed if needed, and has cost 0...
In this way I am protected from accidental scratches
Oh I love that idea! Very practical

Jan 19, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #1,716 of 3,413
I wonder if this wont have a negative effect on cooling, Ti isnt all that heat conductive as it is...

I keep mine bare, i dont mind some patina/schmutzing.

I like the openbacked case, also for cooling...
You was right. The outer layer of the screen protector was too much and also holding in some heat.
I peeled it off and could immediately feel the temperature of the metal body, that it was blocking thru that one outer layer.
So I would not recommend any layers thicker than one screen protector. 👍

@Joe Bloggs my mastermind plugin isn't working is there somewhere I can find that file and see if mine was corrupted ? I'd prefer not resetting the unit...
Sometime it not downloaded so you click and it says some error.
Same here…
I had this issue until I reset my unit after updating, but you should try restarting to see.
Also need wifi connection for it to download once selected.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #1,717 of 3,413
You was right. The outer layer of the screen protector was too much and also holding in some heat.
I peeled it off and could immediately feel the temperature of the metal body, that it was blocking thru that one outer layer.
So I would not recommend any layers thicker than one screen protector. 👍

Sometime it not downloaded so you click and it says some error.

I had this issue until I reset my unit after updating, but you should try restarting to see.
Also need wifi connection for it to download once selected.
Among the types proposed by the device, which reset?vWhat does this reset affect? I hope is not a factory reset...

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #1,718 of 3,413
Speaking of screen protectors, if anyone else is ocd about keeping their screens clean and therefore hates the fingerprint magnet, easily scratched stock screen protector — and also hates the feeling of the screen when they peel the protector off — buy one of those liquid screen protectors. This is the one I got from Amazon (but any similar, decently reviewed one will do just fine)

ABE5814F-7AFA-4FA6-88B0-36291963BB9B.jpeg

It doesn’t *really* protect the screen. It just adds another, extremely thin layer of glass on top. But man does it look/feel so much better. Doesn’t scratch nearly as easily as the plastic one, too.

If this is common knowledge and I’m just late to the party, please feel free to belittle and berate me. I just figured I’d share in case it wasn’t ◡̈

Jan 20, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #1,719 of 3,413
Speaking of screen protectors, if anyone else is ocd about keeping their screens clean and therefore hates the fingerprint magnet, easily scratched stock screen protector — and also hates the feeling of the screen when they peel the protector off — buy one of those liquid screen protectors. This is the one I got from Amazon (but any similar, decently reviewed one will do just fine)

ABE5814F-7AFA-4FA6-88B0-36291963BB9B.jpeg

It doesn’t *really* protect the screen. It just adds another, extremely thin layer of glass on top. But man does it look/feel so much better. Doesn’t scratch nearly as easily as the plastic one, too.

If this is common knowledge and I’m just late to the party, please feel free to belittle and berate me. I just figured I’d share in case it wasn’t ◡̈
Thanks for the useful information, didn't know such a thing existed!

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #1,720 of 3,413

Would this work for the back TI hehe

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #1,723 of 3,413
Hi , probably I missed this while surfing the thread .. is there anyone here posted impressions of RS8 vs M17 and SP3000 ( or owns some of them for comparison )?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #1,724 of 3,413
I accidentally connected my D8000 to the LO on my RS8 output and blasted my ears with 100 on the volume for 2 seconds. I blasted my ears with my Astell DAP as well a couple years ago because the volume changes so rapidly when you happen to touch the screen. I wonder how many decibels the headphones max out at? And how many times this can happen before you damage hearing permanently. I’m sure this happens to almost everyone because it happens very easily.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #1,725 of 3,413
I accidentally connected my D8000 to the LO on my RS8 output and blasted my ears with 100 on the volume for 2 seconds. I blasted my ears with my Astell DAP as well a couple years ago because the volume changes so rapidly when you happen to touch the screen. I wonder how many decibels the headphones max out at? And how many times this can happen before you damage hearing permanently. I’m sure this happens to almost everyone because it happens very easily.
I have OCD and always turn down the potentiometer of my DAP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back