HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Nov 11, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #1,201 of 3,181
Nov 11, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #1,204 of 3,181
how do you find it compared to Cayin N6ii TI?

They are different sounds, you will prefer one or the other depending on your IEMs I am sure. RS6 is richer, more organic/analogue and has very sweet sounding vocals. There is more body and emphasis on the mid range on the RS6. I hear N6ii Ti to be a "thinner" and brighter sound in comparison.

Usability wise, the RS6 is in an entirely different class to the N6ii Ti, it might be the snappiest DAP I have used.

Nov 12, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #1,206 of 3,181
I have sold my rs6 too. noisy and thin sounding dsd playback like 64k mp3. emphasized treble makes most of the musics unrealistic. those presets are just gimmick. useless.
so regret have bought it.
Pity that's your experience, could be you for a bad unit.

Nov 12, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #1,207 of 3,181
DC43D610-0DCB-4046-98B6-6ABCC6834523.png
Has anyone else been unable to login to the native Tidal app on their new RS6? When I click the login button it immediately gives me this error message.

I have looked for an app update, and also deleted and reinstalled, all to no avail.

No problem through UAPP or Roon, but cannot get the Tidal native app to work 😡. This has been my only frustration with the RS6 so far…

Nov 12, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #1,208 of 3,181
I have sold my rs6 too. noisy and thin sounding dsd playback like 64k mp3. emphasized treble makes most of the musics unrealistic. those presets are just gimmick. useless.
so regret have bought it.

I bought the RS6 and the DX240 and ended keeping the DX240. I agree with you about the sound so it isn't a bad unit as I could hear the same flaws (unless the first batch are bad or Firmware is bad)

Anyway it is a shame that hiby was bad and iBasso was better but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Nov 12, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #1,209 of 3,181
DC43D610-0DCB-4046-98B6-6ABCC6834523.pngHas anyone else been unable to login to the native Tidal app on their new RS6? When I click the login button it immediately gives me this error message.

I have looked for an app update, and also deleted and reinstalled, all to no avail.

No problem through UAPP or Roon, but cannot get the Tidal native app to work 😡. This has been my only frustration with the RS6 so far…
No problems here. Just downloaded and logged in to Tidal first time.

RS6Tidal.png

Nov 12, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #1,210 of 3,181
I bought the RS6 and the DX240 and ended keeping the DX240. I agree with you about the sound so it isn't a bad unit as I could hear the same flaws (unless the first batch are bad or Firmware is bad)

Anyway it is a shame that hiby was bad and iBasso was better but that's the way it goes sometimes.
even it's a first batch flaw there shouldn't be only me and you spot the abnormalities dsd playback. only one other here can tell there is noise in dsd playback but I am the only one telling dsd sounds thin. I wonder whether I am too sensitive or my listenability is too high.

anyway ier-z1r is extremely revealing and is the best iem. Best of the best. I can hear a lot more with it.

Nov 12, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #1,211 of 3,181
even it's a first batch flaw there shouldn't be only me and you spot the abnormalities dsd playback. only one other here can tell there is noise in dsd playback but I am the only one telling dsd sounds thin. I wonder whether I am too sensitive or my listenability is too high.

anyway ier-z1r is extremely revealing and is the best iem. Best of the best. I can hear a lot more with it.
I don't think you're too sensitive but you have your own opinion and preferences to which you're entitled like everyone else. You do seem to be in the minority though, but also seem to be the only one who's tried the RS6 with the Z1r and commented here. Maybe someone else has this combination and can share their opinion?

As for DSD playback, there is very little difference between DSD and PCM in my experience and in testing various DSDs and PCM albums across my library. While the RS6 has a separate circuit for DSD (R2R does not support DSD natively), it's a very good DSD solution to my ears, certainly not thin or bright. At least not with my IEMs.

Nov 12, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #1,212 of 3,181

Hang on - There's a common link here because I was using the Sony ier-z1r as well!!!!!

Nov 12, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #1,213 of 3,181
I don't think you're too sensitive but you have your own opinion and preferences to which you're entitled like everyone else. You do seem to be in the minority though, but also seem to be the only one who's tried the RS6 with the Z1r and commented here. Maybe someone else has this combination and can share their opinion?

As for DSD playback, there is very little difference between DSD and PCM in my experience and in testing various DSDs and PCM albums across my library. While the RS6 has a separate circuit for DSD (R2R does not support DSD natively), it's a very good DSD solution to my ears, certainly not thin or bright. At least not with my IEMs.

Yep Me :jecklinsmile: - And I experienced exactly the same as @littlexx26 with the sounds flaws. I also tested on some Arya V3 stealth, Sony MDR-Z1R and a set of Andro 2020's all with the same issues.

Nov 12, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #1,214 of 3,181
Yep Me :jecklinsmile: - And I experienced exactly the same as @littlexx26 with the sounds flaws. I also tested on some Arya V3 stealth, Sony MDR-Z1R and a set of Andro 2020's all with the same issues.
Can you tell me which DSDs you were listening to? Was your issue also with DSDs or other music too, and if so, can you name a few tracks?

If the Z1R is a common denominator it could just mean the RS6 doesn't have great synergy with it for your liking.

Hard to say, but so far you and @littlexx26 are the only two to have noticed this 'issue'. Which DAP do you have that works better for you by the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back