HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Feb 2, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #3,151 of 3,177
I did a factory reset on my RS6, it has the latest software 1.80. logged into my google account and the Play Store is an older version and completely blank, no way to get UAPP etc.

Edit: after a second reset I accepted Google to backup and have the play store.

RS6 working!
Since it is open Android you can also side load the APK.

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #3,152 of 3,177
That's strange. I just did the same reset in the same firmware and no blank play store and UAPP was downloadable straight away ... At this point I'd recommend redoing the full factory reset ... Somehow yours seems not to have executed fully?

Yeah, took a second reset. accepted backup by google and working now. bass is less bloated now and faster. was probably just a setting somewhere.

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #3,155 of 3,177
I set my max battery to 80% but it is still charging above that.

Am I missing something?

Are you leaving the RS6 powered on while charging?

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #3,156 of 3,177
I've done it with the power off and with the power on.

Same thing.

Not a big deal, it's just nice to charge it without keeping an eye on it so I don't go over 80%.

I wouldn't worry about it at all if I could find a guide online on replacing the battery.

On my M11+ I found a guide to replacing the battery. It showed you how and what kind of battery to get.

I have not been able to find anything like that for the RS6. If I could find the same kind of guide for the RS6 as I found on the M11 I would not really worry about it at all.

Until I do find a guide like that, I want to preserve the battery life.

I would hate to do a factory reset on it to resolve the issue. I just got the thing configured just the way I like it.

I guess my next step is to reach out to Hiby support.

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #3,157 of 3,177
I've done it with the power off and with the power on.

Same thing.

Not a big deal, it's just nice to charge it without keeping an eye on it so I don't go over 80%.

I wouldn't worry about it at all if I could find a guide online on replacing the battery.

On my M11+ I found a guide to replacing the battery. It showed you how and what kind of battery to get.

I have not been able to find anything like that for the RS6. If I could find the same kind of guide for the RS6 as I found on the M11 I would not really worry about it at all.

Until I do find a guide like that, I want to preserve the battery life.

I would hate to do a factory reset on it to resolve the issue. I just got the thing configured just the way I like it.

I guess my next step is to reach out to Hiby support.

I believe @Joe Bloggs is one of the developers for HiBy.

Feb 11, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #3,158 of 3,177
The battery charging limiter works for me only if RS6 is powered on. I let it get to that level (set at 80%) than power it off. Works well.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #3,160 of 3,177
Figured out what the problem was on the charging, user error.

What I though was an 18w or 20w adaptive charger was a 30w charger.

I dug up a 18w charger and everything is working fine now.
Interesting that the device is unable to signal / make the 30W charger stop charging it.

What's the make and model of it?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 12, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #3,161 of 3,177
Interesting that the device is unable to signal / make the 30W charger stop charging it.

What's the make and model of it?
The charger that works is a standard Samsung 18w charger that came with an old work phone I had.

The 30w charger is OnePlus charger that came with my OnePlus 7.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #3,162 of 3,177
Does poweramp drain the battery of RS6 almost instantly for anyone else? My battery went from 30% to 15% in 45 minutes. Wifi and Bluetooth are off and no screen on either. Running high gain and Annihilator 2023.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #3,163 of 3,177
Hi guys,

I recently picked up an RS6 and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I installed the V2 filters where Darwin Ultra really stood out on my IE600s.

I had a quick question that I haven’t been able to find an answer for - maybe someone in the community can help. Does the RS6 have similar heat management as the RS8, particularly for the battery heat protection?

I have noticed if I am running the DAP in High gain for a prolonged period the battery can get up and above 50C, which probably isn’t great for the battery health. Even low gain gets the battery temperature pretty high. Unless my battery management app might be misreporting on this device?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #3,164 of 3,177
Hi guys,

I recently picked up an RS6 and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I installed the V2 filters where Darwin Ultra really stood out on my IE600s.

I had a quick question that I haven’t been able to find an answer for - maybe someone in the community can help. Does the RS6 have similar heat management as the RS8, particularly for the battery heat protection?

I have noticed if I am running the DAP in High gain for a prolonged period the battery can get up and above 50C, which probably isn’t great for the battery health. Even low gain gets the battery temperature pretty high. Unless my battery management app might be misreporting on this device?
How hot does the device feel in hand?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #3,165 of 3,177
How hot does the device feel in hand?
Hey Joe, appreciate the response!

Never too hot to hold but definitely could be used as a pocket warmer :p

I am getting about what I’d expect from the battery life too. I have checked to make sure nothing is unnecessarily draining the battery during use.

I guess I am just concerned because if my phone were to get this hot I’d be getting warnings about the battery health, so is the RS6 battery designed to withstand these higher sustained temperatures?

For reference I am using AccuBattery on android to give me my stats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back