HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Jan 1, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #3,106 of 3,181
Bloody hell this is a long thread! I'm reading it all, as I have one on the way, but could someone please confirm for me that the RS6 can function as an external DAC and amp, using my laptop as source like the RS2 can? The ad copy in the hiby site doesn't mention it (whereas it does for the RS2). Thanks in advance!
Yes it can … just download the USB driver from Hiby, and once connected, select the DAC function on the RS6. You will have a choice there to connect the RS6 either with or without charging. (I have not been able to tell the difference in SQ between those modes though)

Jan 1, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #3,107 of 3,181
Yes it can … just download the USB driver from Hiby, and once connected, select the DAC function on the RS6. You will have a choice there to connect the RS6 either with or without charging. (I have not been able to tell the difference in SQ between those modes though)
Thanks!!!

Jan 1, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #3,108 of 3,181
Yes, I use mine often with a Windows PC as USB DAC.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #3,109 of 3,181
Hi all,

Just playing around with my RS6 in USB DAC mode for the first few times - I can't seem to access the darwin controller though while it is in USB-DAC mode, having to quit out before acessing it - Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #3,110 of 3,181
Bloody hell this is a long thread! I'm reading it all, as I have one on the way, but could someone please confirm for me that the RS6 can function as an external DAC and amp, using my laptop as source like the RS2 can? The ad copy in the hiby site doesn't mention it (whereas it does for the RS2). Thanks in advance!
It can, but note that there will be a noticeable delay in the audio, just enough to mess with lip sync on videos.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 3, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #3,111 of 3,181
Hi all,

Just playing around with my RS6 in USB DAC mode for the first few times - I can't seem to access the darwin controller though while it is in USB-DAC mode, having to quit out before acessing it - Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
Well, settings you make before entering the mode would still be in effect while in the mode but I don't think you can adjust it on the fly while in the mode.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 3, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #3,112 of 3,181
It can, but note that there will be a noticeable delay in the audio, just enough to mess with lip sync on videos.
Oh really? I'll have to rest it out then.

Does anyone know how I can get tracks in an album folder to list in ALBUM order by default when I view an album in Hiby music? It lists them in alphabetic order, which is completely useless (actually really annoying) for me. I always want track 1 to be listed first.

Jan 3, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #3,113 of 3,181
Oh really? I'll have to rest it out then.

Does anyone know how I can get tracks in an album folder to list in ALBUM order by default when I view an album in Hiby music? It lists them in alphabetic order, which is completely useless (actually really annoying) for me. I always want track 1 to be listed first.
Editing the Metadata probably helps. When you open the tracks in MP3Tag, there is a separate column for track order ... I suggest try editing that and then recreate the database in Hiby Music. If not, you can also use MP3Tag to rename the track tiles and add track# there ... There are various roads leading to Rome in that respect :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-03 103323.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-03 103323.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #3,114 of 3,181
Editing the Metadata probably helps. When you open the tracks in MP3Tag, there is a separate column for track order ... I suggest try editing that and then recreate the database in Hiby Music. If not, you can also use MP3Tag to rename the track tiles and add track# there ... There are various roads leading to Rome in that respect :)
All my track files are already named "01 trackOne.flac", "02 trackTwo.flac" etc....

Jan 3, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #3,115 of 3,181
All my track files are already named "01 trackOne.flac", "02 trackTwo.flac" etc....
Is the track order also consistent inside MP3Tag column 1 (filename) versus column 8 (track)?

Jan 3, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #3,117 of 3,181
Yes, I use TagNRename and one is sourced from the other. I'm militant about it
Then I have no clue what’s causing this. No such issues on my end with Hiby Music 🤔

Jan 4, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #3,119 of 3,181
My tracks within an album folder are listed the same way and play in order using UAPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back