HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Jun 1, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #2,356 of 3,181
I humbly admit to being a TOTAL Android noob. I go to Settings, select System. Nothing indicates to empty caches. I have reset app prefs and reset WiFi, but I still get the error. What am I missing??
Ok I didn't explain very well. Go to Settings, System, System Update. Click the three small dots in the upper right corner and select 'Clean up the cache'. Then try update again.

Jun 1, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #2,358 of 3,181
Make sure the timezone/time is correct

Then try:
Settings
Apps & Notifications
> See all xx apps
3 dots top right
Show System
FOTA Updates
Force Stop
OK
Storage
Clear Storage

Go back to Settings
System
System Updates

Try the update a few times as you may get some other error messages the first 1 or 2 attempts.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #2,360 of 3,181
I humbly admit to being a TOTAL Android noob. I go to Settings, select System. Nothing indicates to empty caches. I have reset app prefs and reset WiFi, but I still get the error. What am I missing??

Finally figured it out on my RS6, so maybe try this -
1.) Go into Settings > System > System updates
2.) Tap the 3-Dots in the Top-Right Corner
3.) Tap setting
4.) In setting - Turn ON "Only wifi to download" (On my RS6, this was off, and probably causing the problem.)
5.) In setting - Turn Off "Silent update"
6.) Tap Back Arrow
7.) Tap the 3-Dots in the Top-Right Corner
8.) Tap Clean up the cache
9.) Tap check version
10.) Download and install the update

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #2,362 of 3,181
Firmware update done, listening right now ☺️

B277AF2D-659D-4A95-8026-5664A390456E.jpeg
Update went smoothly, looking forward to evaluating. Question: What is MQA USB HID Communication?

Jun 2, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #2,363 of 3,181
Jun 2, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #2,364 of 3,181
Since updating to 1.40 I cannot use RS6 in USAB DAC mode. Tried uninstalling / reinstalling USB Audio Driver, no success. RS6 as PC DAC is one of my main uses of RS6 so help restoring this function would be much appreciated @Joe Bloggs or other users. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jun 2, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #2,365 of 3,181
Since updating to 1.40 I cannot use RS6 in USAB DAC mode. Tried uninstalling / reinstalling USB Audio Driver, no success. RS6 as PC DAC is one of my main uses of RS6 so help restoring this function would be much appreciated @Joe Bloggs or other users. Thanks for any suggestions.
Oh no I hope they haven't removed DAC mode.. i know there was some issues that we reported with stutters on 44khz so maybe it's related to that. I will have to check when I get home

Jun 2, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #2,367 of 3,181
My RS6 is currently stuck in an older debug version firmware that headquarters gave me to debug issues with Darwin. Waiting to update to the latest before giving advice on the latest issues.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 2, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #2,368 of 3,181
Make sure the timezone/time is correct

Then try:
Settings
Apps & Notifications
> See all xx apps
3 dots top right
Show System
FOTA Updates
Force Stop
OK
Storage
Clear Storage

Go back to Settings
System
System Updates

Try the update a few times as you may get some other error messages the first 1 or 2 attempts.
Thanks @Electrocrytic!! This method worked for me. First time, I got a file verification failed. Second time, it downloaded and installed.

Jun 2, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #2,369 of 3,181
Oh no I hope they haven't removed DAC mode.. i know there was some issues that we reported with stutters on 44khz so maybe it's related to that. I will have to check when I get home
I'd appreciate that, I need USB DAC mode to work or perhaps would need to roll back to 1.30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back