HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
May 12, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #2,251 of 3,181
It would be great to see some responses from other users, and from @Joe Bloggs. The relatively portable form factor is appealing (as obviously is the R2R), but if its only getting six hours per charge, that undermines portability usefulness.

What kind of battery life are people getting, and are there any tweaks to maximize battery life?
I no longer own the RS6, didn’t find it useful for my use case, battery life was 5-6 hours depending on IEM and it’s power needs.

May 12, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #2,252 of 3,181
It would be great to see some responses from other users, and from @Joe Bloggs. The relatively portable form factor is appealing (as obviously is the R2R), but if its only getting six hours per charge, that undermines portability usefulness.

What kind of battery life are people getting, and are there any tweaks to maximize battery life?
I got spoiled by the fantastic battery life of the SR25, a legit 20 hours, so for me the RS6 is decidedly underwhelming in this department. However, I'm willing to forgive this as a trade-off for the SQ improvement on all my IEMs, especially the Z1R and Andro2020.

I don't us a DAP all that frequently, so far with the RS6 I pretty much always top it up after about 1-2 hours of use. I can't say for sure how long it would last from 100% down to 0, but I think I'd be lucky to get 4-5 hours max.

I think I read somewhere that Flight Mode is a good way to conserve a bit of battery, but then you are limiting yourself to local files. Any other tweaks/recommendations are welcome here as well, thanks!!

May 13, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #2,253 of 3,181
I received my RS6 today, so I have a question: I updated my DAP to firmware 1.30 and HibyMusic to 1.70 — after that I should do a factory reset or there is no need for this? On DX160 it was recommended to do this.

In any case, everything works fine for me, but I decided to clarify.

May 13, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #2,254 of 3,181
I received my RS6 today, so I have a question: I updated my DAP to firmware 1.30 and HibyMusic to 1.70 — after that I should do a factory reset or there is no need for this? On DX160 it was recommended to do this.

I didn't see that to be recommended in the instructions.

May 13, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #2,256 of 3,181
I got spoiled by the fantastic battery life of the SR25, a legit 20 hours, so for me the RS6 is decidedly underwhelming in this department. However, I'm willing to forgive this as a trade-off for the SQ improvement on all my IEMs, especially the Z1R and Andro2020.

I don't us a DAP all that frequently, so far with the RS6 I pretty much always top it up after about 1-2 hours of use. I can't say for sure how long it would last from 100% down to 0, but I think I'd be lucky to get 4-5 hours max.

I think I read somewhere that Flight Mode is a good way to conserve a bit of battery, but then you are limiting yourself to local files. Any other tweaks/recommendations are welcome here as well, thanks!!
That's similar to my use case. I only really use my RS6 for commuting/lunch down time at work so 2-3 hours a day tops. TBH I can't really in my case see a scenario where battery life is an issue - if I'm travelling for more than 2 hours, pretty sure there'll be a usb charger available in the mode of transport. I'm more likely to use my WM1A for those trips, just in case though...
As for limiting to local files, I have a library of 4,500 albums to choose from on a HDD and about 20micro sd cards that I populate according to genre or mood. OT Changing cards isn't that difficult, and I prefer the ethics of my model (artist receives album cost rights) over streaming which palpably underpays artists...

May 13, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #2,258 of 3,181
May 13, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #2,259 of 3,181
Anyone have the original wallpaper file Darwin?

Nevermind i found it. Here it is in case you lost it.

Attachments

• default_wallpaper.png
    default_wallpaper.png
    678.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #2,260 of 3,181

It's recommended to do a restart after an update to HiBy Music. Recent versions of HiBy Music should prompt you to do this. That's all.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 14, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #2,261 of 3,181
I have a library of 4,500 albums to choose from on a HDD and about 20micro sd cards that I populate according to genre or mood. OT Changing cards isn't that difficult, and I prefer the ethics of my model (artist receives album cost rights) over streaming which palpably underpays artists...
We all consume music in different ways I suppose.
4,500 albums is a significant investment for sure, but still would not be near enough for me. And I would have to purchase around 500 per year to keep up with all of my interests, there is simply no way I can do that.

I mean, this weekend is a prime example, new Kendrick, and The Smile. In pre-streaming days I would purchase those 2 for sure, but then have nothing left for anything else.

I’d rather the dozens of different artists I stream every day get at least something from me rather than nothing at all.

Anyway, my original comment was whether Flight Mode would save some battery on the RS6? Or if there is anything else folks can recommend?

May 14, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #2,262 of 3,181
So I came across a little bug or glitch in the software. I had Mseb on, a touch of bass adjustments and the EQ with only 3db bump at lowest HZ setting. I started to notice a pop/scratch sound on a kick drum level freq but just on right channel. I turned off EQ but left MSEB on and sound went away. I tested track on different system and its not that at all.

Any thoughts?

May 14, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #2,263 of 3,181

To elaborate on this... A firmware update is persistant. Any factory reset that occurs after a firmware update will revert the device to the state of this latest firmware.

A HibyMusic update is an app update. A factory reset will downgrade the HibyMusic app back to the version that is contained in the latest firmware on the device.

This logic is applicable to every DAP that carries an Android OS, this is not limited to HiBy.

May 14, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #2,265 of 3,181
To elaborate on this... A firmware update is persistant. Any factory reset that occurs after a firmware update will revert the device to the state of this latest firmware.

A HibyMusic update is an app update. A factory reset will downgrade the HibyMusic app back to the version that is contained in the latest firmware on the device.

This logic is applicable to every DAP that carries an Android OS, this is not limited to HiBy.
Yes, I know. Perhaps I just installed the latest firmware on the DX160 unsuccessfully, but factory reset radically changed the sound for the better. And someone on the forum advised to always do this after updating on the DX160. However, software is not iBasso's strongest side. With RS6 I have no problems in this regard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back