HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
May 14, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #2,266 of 3,181
I got spoiled by the fantastic battery life of the SR25, a legit 20 hours, so for me the RS6 is decidedly underwhelming in this department. However, I'm willing to forgive this as a trade-off for the SQ improvement on all my IEMs, especially the Z1R and Andro2020.

I don't us a DAP all that frequently, so far with the RS6 I pretty much always top it up after about 1-2 hours of use. I can't say for sure how long it would last from 100% down to 0, but I think I'd be lucky to get 4-5 hours max.

I think I read somewhere that Flight Mode is a good way to conserve a bit of battery, but then you are limiting yourself to local files. Any other tweaks/recommendations are welcome here as well, thanks!!

In the Android v9 that's on the RS6, you can turn: Settings > Battery > Battery Saver = On

May 14, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #2,267 of 3,181
Quick impressions of the first acquaintance with the RS6:

What can I say, this player looks divine. Piece of art. Photos do not convey all this beauty. I really like sharp edges; in addition, the color of the DAP is very beautiful and not as banal as black. I hope this is not the last Hiby DAP in this color. I love the design of the DX160, but the design of the RS6 is on another level. On the next level. Separately, I note the knob, it is very good that it is protected from accidental clicks and is located in a safe place. It is very pleasant to use it, tactile sensations are perfect. The case is as beautiful as the DAP itself, it's nice to have a case of this quality right in the box. Definitely one of the most beautiful DAPs on the market right now. 10/10.

As for UI, everything is flawless, it works very quickly; I like the Darwin style, the icons and the dark theme looks beautiful. There is nothing more to add, everything works perfectly.

I will give a feedback about the sound a little later, while I'm listening to my library. So far, I can say that it took me 8-10 seconds to understand that the RS6 sounds better than the DX160. Much better. Radically better. More interesting details will be discussed later.

May 14, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #2,268 of 3,181
I really like my RS6, I also owned other much more expensive DAP, but compared to them, RS6 hold it's grounded nicely. However I do wish the built quality was better.

My volume, play button has already warn out.

May 15, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #2,270 of 3,181
Pretty much from first week of release. Not a huge deal breaker, but a slight annoyance.

Attachments

• 20220515_144657.jpg
    20220515_144657.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
May 15, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #2,272 of 3,181
In the Android v9 that's on the RS6, you can turn: Settings > Battery > Battery Saver = On
Does this setting decrease power output or headroom / other sonic effect?

May 15, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #2,274 of 3,181
I don't think that setting will mess with output power levels. It could stop a 3rd party player like vlc if it is aggressive but it has settings to prevent undesirable behavior.
As long as my trusty UAPP works correctly. :smile_phones:

May 15, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #2,276 of 3,181
May 15, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #2,278 of 3,181
So I came across a little bug or glitch in the software. I had Mseb on, a touch of bass adjustments and the EQ with only 3db bump at lowest HZ setting. I started to notice a pop/scratch sound on a kick drum level freq but just on right channel. I turned off EQ but left MSEB on and sound went away. I tested track on different system and its not that at all.

Any thoughts?
You would need to add negative preamp on pretty much any boost to the lowest frequency on the EQ.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 15, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #2,280 of 3,181
You would need to add negative preamp on pretty much any boost to the lowest frequency on the EQ.

Hey Joe - Asked this a couple pages back but never got a reply. Any idea why people are getting about half the advertised battery life, and any tips for improving it?

I'm on the market for a DAP and love R2R, but 4-5 hours battery life simply won't work cut it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back