HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Nov 29, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #1,531 of 3,181
I laugh every time I see Hiby's UI. Imagine having a 5.0”, Corning gorillia glass, 1920x1080 resolution, 443ppi, 16:9, oleophobic display and not filling it up with pitch black nothingness. Can't relate.

FFLtoqPakAEhyec

In comparison, Sony can display the same amount of songs per screen (five) with song length info, using a display about half of its size, with a larger font size. What a miracle.

Sony-NWA36HN-13.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #1,532 of 3,181
I laugh every time I see Hiby's UI. Imagine having a 5.0”, Corning gorillia glass, 1920x1080 resolution, 443ppi, 16:9, oleophobic display and not filling it up with pitch black nothingness. Can't relate.

FFLtoqPakAEhyec

In comparison, Sony can display the same amount of songs per screen (five) with song length info, using a display about half of its size, with a larger font size. What a miracle.

Sony-NWA36HN-13.jpg
You know you're not limited to HiBy Music with an Android DAP? I use UAPP for that very reason. You can also enable grid view if you prefer to fill up the screen :smirk:

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #1,533 of 3,181
hiby is one of the top dap makers in the world. they source very high quality components and their music app is one of the top rated apps. the screen in rs6 is high resolution. colorful. and the app can display tons of info about the songs

Nov 29, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #1,535 of 3,181
After demoing amp1mk3 and hiby rs6 back and forth
Bass: dx240~rs6
Vocal: rs6>>>dx240
Treble: dx240>rs6
However, dx240 is much lighter and rs6 get significantly warm after a short play time.
Burning in my amp8 right now:beerchug:
What is it that you prefer about the RS6 vocals and the DX240's treble?

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #1,536 of 3,181
What is it that you prefer about the RS6 vocals and the DX240's treble?
RS6 vocals has more weight and feels more emotional. It is slightly colorized and slightly closer.
You just feel the vocals is warmer and has more resilience.
Dx240 female vocals is slightly thin in comparison.

For the treble, dx240 is just more aggressive than rs6 which I prefer.
Sometimes those rs6 high freq is just too laid back which you can find but not noticeable when listening.

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #1,537 of 3,181
RS6 vocals has more weight and feels more emotional. It is slightly colorized and slightly closer.
You just feel the vocals is warmer and has more resilience.
Dx240 female vocals is slightly thin in comparison.

For the treble, dx240 is just more aggressive than rs6 which I prefer.
Sometimes those rs6 high freq is just too laid back which you can find but not noticeable when listening.

What IEMs or headphones are you using? from what I've seen in this thread, the RS6 is VERY fickle about the IEM pairings

Nov 30, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #1,540 of 3,181
@joe blogg and james fung
The hiby player app of the hiby r5/6/8 provides a convolution plugin,but unfortunately it's not availbale in the standalone android hiby-player app.
Is it feasible for you to add the plugin also to the download section of the standalone app?
There doesn't exist any single convolution app for unrooted android and rooting is getting harder and harder, especially on samsung devices.
That may be something for HiBy the company to decide on, not us, but I can try to bring it up with them.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 30, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #1,541 of 3,181
Do you know, whether it's technically feasible without many problems?
Thought, james fung is the developer of the convolution plugin and hiby is using it for their hiby daps.
There must be a reason for providing the other plugins and omitting the convolution plugin.
If someone would copy the r6/ r8 apk of the "hiby music" player app with the downloaded convolution plugin, one can test it with an usual android phone.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #1,542 of 3,181
The more I read your comments, the more I think something could be off with your RS6 unit.

Btw, try switching to VE Erlkonig preset in Darwin settings, keep it on high gain, and use BAL output. Its my "default" RS6 sound now with all the iems I tried. While changes are not too drastic, they provide a very delicate technical finetuning that scales up the performance of RS6, improving the soundstage, imaging, the transient speed of note on/off, and even the perception of vertical sound dynamics improves.
Tried with shure se846, um mest mk2, 7hz timeless......the best with 7hz timeless......thx alot sir

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #1,543 of 3,181
Tried with shure se846, um mest mk2, 7hz timeless......the best with 7hz timeless......thx alot sir

PLEASE, go to Darwin controller setting and select VE Erlkonig presets, and don't touch anything else. That preset scales up RS6 to a new level :D

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #1,544 of 3,181
PLEASE, go to Darwin controller setting and select VE Erlkonig presets, and don't touch anything else. That preset scales up RS6 to a new level :D
So you hear a difference with preset...

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #1,545 of 3,181
So you hear a difference with preset...
I've just tried it with mine. Can't really say I hear much of a difference, maybe ever so slightly smoother (though I'm using an IE 900, not a VE IEM). Not quite sure about 'next level' Alex, but possibly a very slight refinement to my ears (your hearing is definitely more sensitive and trained than mine though!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back