HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Aug 11, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #1,051 of 1,309
Have installed the latest firmware.
Encountered the following issue when I m in LO mode.

The LO mode can only play normally for one song. When it moves to the next song (either naturally or by clicking on the next / back button), the sound level is back to PO mode.
The LO indicator is still on in the short cut menu, but the sound level is not.

Anybody encountered similar issue please?

Aug 11, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #1,052 of 1,309

The LO mode can only play normally for one song. When it moves to the next song (either naturally or by clicking on the next / back button), the sound level is back to PO mode.

Sad news, it won't be interesting without LO. Have you tried resetting the device?

Aug 11, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #1,054 of 1,309
Yes, I did.
I mainly use the RS2 as the source for my amp.
If the 4.4 LO is not working then it makes my A100TB not usable with the RS2.
Here the firmware makes RS2 unsuitable for use with an amplifier, this is not correct. Have you tried to roll back? I think it's worth rolling back and waiting for the fix.

Aug 11, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #1,055 of 1,309
Here the firmware makes RS2 unsuitable for use with an amplifier, this is not correct. Have you tried to roll back? I think it's worth rolling back and waiting for the fix.
Well, I used to use 4.4 PO to A100TB (double-amp). So even if the LO not working at all time, I can still use PO with max volume. No need to roll back indeed.

Also just wanna let all know. Some of the shortcut buttons also not working properly, like MSEB (it just turns it on and off, but not jumping to the MSEB page).

Seems this version of firmware can only be considered as less than half done.

Just for consideration if u plan to upgrade the firmware.

Aug 11, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #1,056 of 1,309
Well, I used to use 4.4 PO to A100TB (double-amp). So even if the LO not working at all time, I can still use PO with max volume. No need to roll back indeed.

Also just wanna let all know. Some of the shortcut buttons also not working properly, like MSEB (it just turns it on and off, but not jumping to the MSEB page).

Seems this version of firmware can only be considered as less than half done.

Just for consideration if u plan to upgrade the firmware.
Thanks for the heads-up, sounds like it wasn't fully ready. Just a question: This update doesn't include the new DARWIN filters V2 firmware that the RS6 and RS8 got to try, just a vanilla update?

Aug 11, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #1,058 of 1,309

Mates, it is a rule - do not rush installing updates! Neither on your phone, nor on your audio equip...

Aug 11, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #1,060 of 1,309
I use the RS2 mostly in LO. Glad I didn't try to be on top of this update. Any word from HiBy on shortcomings in this update? I don't like playing update roulette.

Aug 11, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #1,061 of 1,309
I use the RS2 mostly in LO. Glad I didn't try to be on top of this update. Any word from HiBy on shortcomings in this update? I don't like playing update roulette.
I use my R2 a lot in LO to an NX4 - but that is from the LO connector 3.5mm jack
I updated my RS2 and that has continued working without a problem.
From what I gather the problem is with the LO software option that I'm guessing can drive LO from the balanced output. I haven't tried it so I couldn't say either way

Aug 11, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #1,062 of 1,309

@Joe Bloggs, any idea if this can be fixed soon?

Aug 13, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #1,065 of 1,309
Has anybody had any luck with the Recently Added list included on the RS2 by default? Seems like this never populates with anything for me. I would love it if this showed my most recently added songs, which I imagine is what this is supposed to do but doesn't seem to work at all. On firmware version 1.06.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back