HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Jan 9, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #1,218 of 1,295
I suggest cut out the button cover of the case (I mean big piece of 3 buttons, not just 3 holes :v ). Maybe it's not so beautifull like the original case but this should work well.
My RS2 luckilly has no prob with the case (press the button), but I saw a guy on Youtube do that with Hiby R5ii's case (Super Review). So I think we can give it a try :D

And totally agree with you guys, that little DAP brings the good old days come back. Just turn off your phone and happy listenning!
Strange, since the second time that I put the Rs2 in the case, I have no issue. The buttons are working properly, without being press by the case.

Jan 12, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #1,222 of 1,295
Magic!

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpeg
    IMG_1414.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #1,225 of 1,295
Finally got my hands on one of these beauties! Time to put it through it's paces and simply enjoy nothing but music. So far after a quick listen I'm loving what I hear from such a small DAP.
1000019802.jpg

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #1,226 of 1,295
I suggest cut out the button cover of the case (I mean big piece of 3 buttons, not just 3 holes :v ). Maybe it's not so beautifull like the original case but this should work well.
My RS2 luckilly has no prob with the case (press the button), but I saw a guy on Youtube do that with Hiby R5ii's case (Super Review). So I think we can give it a try :D

And totally agree with you guys, that little DAP brings the good old days come back. Just turn off your phone and happy listenning!
I just received my RS2 a few days ago and last night I decided to do this to the case. I was afraid of the case causing long term damage to the buttons because it is so snug. Now I can leave the case on for long periods and not worry about the buttons. It's also easier to feel the buttons now :beerchug:
Edit: thought I'd show the final result as well.
1000019864.jpg
1000019865.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #1,227 of 1,295
Luckily no issues with my unit with the case and buttons.

The RS2 is a great DAP for non-streamers.

Pros
Size - can fit in top shirt pocket easily. But still has a nice "thick" feeling.
Dual card slots - those with a large library can load up 2 x 1TB cards
Minimal heat - never had a problem with this unit getting hot

Neutral
Screen size - I was initially worried about the tiny screen. Unless you have sausage fingers, should be OK
Scanned library limit - formed a habit with this player where I navigate by folders. Note : Plays through all albums in a folder which can take you by suprise

Minor niggles
Any way to stop the "SD Card Inserted" message
Power on/off is via slide switch - not the best solution for a heavily used function
Will at times decide to power screen on in my pocket - just checked and will try disabling double tap to wake up

Attachments

• 20240127_151708.jpg
    20240127_151708.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Feb 8, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #1,228 of 1,295
Luckily no issues with my unit with the case and buttons.

The RS2 is a great DAP for non-streamers.

Pros
Size - can fit in top shirt pocket easily. But still has a nice "thick" feeling.
Dual card slots - those with a large library can load up 2 x 1TB cards
Minimal heat - never had a problem with this unit getting hot

Neutral
Screen size - I was initially worried about the tiny screen. Unless you have sausage fingers, should be OK
Scanned library limit - formed a habit with this player where I navigate by folders. Note : Plays through all albums in a folder which can take you by suprise

Minor niggles
Any way to stop the "SD Card Inserted" message
Power on/off is via slide switch - not the best solution for a heavily used function
Will at times decide to power screen on in my pocket - just checked and will try disabling double tap to wake up
There are many other minor issues with software, like:
- disable "double tap to wake up" doesn't work when device goes to standby mode. The device still can be woken up by double tap from standby mode.
- "maximum digital volume output" doesn't set the volume to 100%, but just locks the volume at it's current level when you connect device by USB.

The firmware QC is really bad at hiby and there is no updates for very long time for RS2. It looks like Hiby sell the batch of RS2 and forgot about it.

By the way, RS2 looks great paired with Quloos MUB1, great portable DAC with lots of features :)

Attachments

• IMG_2691.jpeg
    IMG_2691.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #1,229 of 1,295
What kind of magic is this machine???
For the last several days, I've been A-Bing with the DX320 using amp12 and Amp14...

Idk if I'm just not trained to hear certain things... Or if I'm just not paying enough attention... But when it comes to detailed IEMs with ESTs, I can't hear a difference. The RS2 is competing with the monster that is the DX320. Details, separation, everything. It's only been maybe 1 or 2 songs out of several hundred that the DX320 will have a LITTLE more space and detail on a very complex/busy song. But it is incredibly hard to hear this difference.

The only complaint would be in the power department. There the Hiby loses for sure if you want to use big cans. But for efficient IEMs like the ones in my signature, there is no doubt that the RS2 is a gem of a player. I am seriously considering selling my 320 and simply use my RS2 with the amps when I need different flavors.
20240208_182620.jpg

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #1,230 of 1,295
This is such an amazing pairing for the RS2! :L3000:
20240214_213544.jpg
1000020152.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back