HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Nov 13, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #1,201 of 1,295
So you need space for half an year listening, 24/7, no song repeat!?
My old Fiio M11 handled my entire library with no problem, I just don’t want another android based unit. I do not feel like having to split up my library and decide what can fit and what can’t.

Dec 3, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #1,203 of 1,295
Da.

Dec 7, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #1,204 of 1,295
I have updated the player to 1.1. I think others have mentioned these issues, but I am posting for @Joe Bloggs for visibility.

Album Artist view only lists all tracks and does not list albums. There is no icon in the corner to switch between all tracks and albums.
Album Artist.JPG

In Artist view, I can switch between all tracks and albums, but in albums, when I click into an album, it displays the tracks in ABC order, not in Track Order.
Artist View.JPG

If I pick an album from the Albums view rather than Artist->album, it correctly shows the album in track order.
Album View.JPG

IMO you do not need to show both Artist and Album Artist. Hiby should have kept format, and then in the settings allow the user to pick either Artist view or Album Artist view.

It would also be great to be able to import m3u playlists rather than only being able to play them through folder view.

@Joe Bloggs, any update on a new Firmware for the RS2? It would be great to at least have the "Modified "Singer->Album" sorting according to Track ID;" fix that was implemented recently on the R3 II.

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #1,205 of 1,295
Does anyone know why now playing screen shows a light bulb?

I have done a full scan of 26k tracks

Attachments

• 20231208_163647.jpg
    20231208_163647.jpg
    944.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #1,207 of 1,295
Hello,

My new rs2 it’s showing this message on the first startup.

I tried to put an sd card to upgrade firmware, and now its is continuing to update in loop.

Can someone help me?

Attachments

• IMG_1400.jpeg
    IMG_1400.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #1,213 of 1,295
What can i say 🤷...what a lovely little device.
I am glad I find this thread, good resolution and what about this bass...no wifi no bluetooth, just music for my ears :wink:

For now, Iam listening with my timeless AE.
I couldn't agree more - it is a lovely player and getting back to the olden days of just music players having no android baggage is so welcome.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #1,214 of 1,295
I have been ignoring my RS2 for a long time. Tonight I just picked it up and what a fun little DAP, I really like the MSEB to tune the sound to your liking. RS2 is not great in resolution, and its bass is a little out of control, but it is infinitely fun to play your music!

Jan 9, 2024 at 1:41 AM Post #1,215 of 1,295
Thank you!
Yes, was the case.

Is there any recommended case for the RS2, without this issue?
I suggest cut out the button cover of the case (I mean big piece of 3 buttons, not just 3 holes :v ). Maybe it's not so beautifull like the original case but this should work well.
My RS2 luckilly has no prob with the case (press the button), but I saw a guy on Youtube do that with Hiby R5ii's case (Super Review). So I think we can give it a try :D

And totally agree with you guys, that little DAP brings the good old days come back. Just turn off your phone and happy listenning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back