HiBy R8 User Impressions
Sep 18, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #1,083 of 3,161
lol yes wasn't listening atm just downloading .

Well, the good news, LO is not fixed but variable (controlled by volume wheel). With 4 separate ports, 2 headphone outputs and 2 line outs, it will take a little while to get use to it. Enjoy it!

Sep 18, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #1,085 of 3,161
anyone frigue out this letter ?? why is it still in Chinese if its the international version?
A language native colleague was kind to translate it to me on the phone. It is a humble handwritten letter to the kind customer explaining the long and harsh road of development, which finally came to an end with a good result, which can bring you the operahouse experience any time wherever you are. And a nice thanks from a technician who handmade produced this beutiful piece of equipment for you.

The sentences sounded like difficult to translate high court formulations. Unfortunately, when I asked for written form I got an AI translation, with similar garbage inside which was shown earlier in the thread.

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #1,086 of 3,161
As @twister6 knows, I have been looking for a new DAP for over a year. Never found one that ticked all the boxes. When I had the money, it went to new IEMs I wanted. Once I got all the IEMs I wanted, it came down to the DAP. Now that the Hiby R8 was released, it floated to the top of my list along with the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. The Hiby was the logical choice for me after Alex's review. Now I am at a loss as to what to read on Head-Fi since Daps are no longer on my radar, LOL.

Thank you to everyone that answered my questions about various daps, especially @twister6 for his time.

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #1,087 of 3,161
As @twister6 knows, I have been looking for a new DAP for over a year. Never found one that ticked all the boxes. When I had the money, it went to new IEMs I wanted. Once I got all the IEMs I wanted, it came down to the DAP. Now that the Hiby R8 was released, it floated to the top of my list along with the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. The Hiby was the logical choice for me after Alex's review. Now I am at a loss as to what to read on Head-Fi since Daps are no longer on my radar, LOL.

Thank you to everyone that answered my questions about various daps, especially @twister6 for his time.

Take a year break and enjoy what you got? Though, in your case, a perfect timing to start looking for a new DAP now, so you can figure out the replacement by the end of 2021 :wink:

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #1,088 of 3,161

I'm kind of in the same boat... After spending too much money and collecting too many IEMs and DACs, I decided to trim down and settle on something that should last me for a couple of years and save me some $$$ in the long run. I ended up with IER-M9 and NW-ZX507... for now. :wink:

It's hard to resist when the latest and greatest gets plenty of hype. Good luck with your setup!

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #1,089 of 3,161
Take a year break and enjoy what you got? Though, in your case, a perfect timing to start looking for a new DAP now, so you can figure out the replacement by the end of 2021 :wink:

I had my Angie II metal jacket IEM and QP1R for 3 years before I even started looking at new IEMs. Next up is a balanced cable for my ZMF headphones so I can use them with the R8. I may add a Romi Audio BX2 Plus at some point too for my ZMF Ori, which loves power. It may make my Wells Audio Milo desktop amp obsolete since I don't like being tied down now. Thought about selling it, but my wife convinced me not to sell it. Maybe she is secretly jamming out on it when I am not home. :dt880smile:

At least all my next near future purchases are less than $1000, so I won't have to wait nearly as long for them.

Sep 18, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #1,090 of 3,161
I'm kind of in the same boat... After spending too much money and collecting too many IEMs and DACs, I decided to trim down and settle on something that should last me for a couple of years and save me some $$$ in the long run. I ended up with IER-M9 and NW-ZX507... for now. :wink:

It's hard to resist when the latest and greatest gets plenty of hype. Good luck with your setup!

And yet here you are at the R8 thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 18, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #1,091 of 3,161
Sep 18, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #1,092 of 3,161
Contending with the R8 is the new M8 soon. Eights all around.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFRQ100pa8a/?igshid=7x0mkf2uy7vn
Shanling M8 - Reference-class Portable Android Music Player.  Available in Novem ( 1350 X 1080 ).jpg

Sep 18, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #1,093 of 3,161

Users who are viewing this thread

Back