HiBy R8 User Impressions
Feb 1, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #64 of 3,161
Will this player be plagued by poor isolation? The r6pro was plagued with Rf noise... Don't see why they can't Isolate the components... It made the player poop ibasso has the same problems, it's common in Chinese daps

Feb 1, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #67 of 3,161
I just keep my phone in a pocket on the opposite side of me and all is fine. If I put my iPhone in the same pocket or touch it with the headphone cable there is a slight buzzing but so what? I WiFi hot spot between the R6 Pro and my iPhone all the time. No problems, no irritating noises and no "plague". Don't let this put you off buying.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #68 of 3,161
I just keep my phone in a pocket on the opposite side of me and all is fine. If I put my iPhone in the same pocket or touch it with the headphone cable there is a slight buzzing but so what? I WiFi hot spot between the R6 Pro and my iPhone all the time. No problems, no irritating noises and no "plague". Don't let this put you off buying.
Exactly right. Seems that people who come into this thread to complain about noise after all this time either have an axe to grind, are simply looking for trouble or attention, or are just plain using the R6 Pro incorrectly. In any case, all this R6 talk should really be taking place in the R6 threads, rather than casting unfair aspersions on a dap that hasn't even been released yet.

Feb 1, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #69 of 3,161
Mmm that makes sense. Also if they're complaining about noise when the phone touches the cable that's not dap dependent. Any wire will pick up interference that's close enough. Unless you're using a shielded balanced cable, but even then it can pickup some.

Exactly right. Seems that people who come into this thread to complain about noise after all this time either have an axe to grind, are simply looking for trouble or attention, or are just plain using the R6 Pro incorrectly. In any case, all this R6 talk should really be taking place in the R6 threads, rather than casting unfair aspersions on a dap that hasn't even been released yet.

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #71 of 3,161
Mmm that makes sense. Also if they're complaining about noise when the phone touches the cable that's not dap dependent. Any wire will pick up interference that's close enough. Unless you're using a shielded balanced cable, but even then it can pickup some.
Wm1a, WM1Z, nz300, cowon pm2, p2 mk2 didn't... Have this even when wirewas touching

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #72 of 3,161
Its fair to bring up a problem other daps from a company suffered, it may also suffer in their new model. At a higher price point of course.

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #73 of 3,161
I'm general, absolutely garbage when connected to wifi.
When you write it so bluntly you create readers to build a wall from you. Your intentions will not get through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back