Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jan 13, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #3,737 of 4,000
Hiby OS player? If you mean System / Wireless update, that works on my R6 Pro.

Hello and thank you for replying. My apologies for not being more specific.

Not referring to firmware updates through the main menu.

Referring to check for updates within the music player. OK maybe it’s not called the music player, but it’s the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #3,738 of 4,000
Hello and thank you for replying. My apologies for not being more specific.

Not referring to firmware updates through the main menu.

Referring to check for updates within the music player. OK maybe it’s not called the music player, but it’s the only thing I can think of at the moment.
Thanks for the clarification. I don‘t use the HiBy music player. But I just checked (HiBy Music R6Pro International Edition 1.6.0) and the Update Check button in the About menu item is indeed unresponsive.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #3,740 of 4,000
Jan 13, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #3,741 of 4,000
I have many IEMs and headphones and never had any issue out of my stainless steel R6 Pro - either SE or balanced.

Clearly you have a defective unit. Contact HiBy.
Problem is I got a replacement unit, albeit used from musicteck and that jack also failed. Both units had jacks that failed so I just figured they weren't built to be very robust.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #3,743 of 4,000
I’m on 1.6.0 of Hiby music on the R6 Pro (2018 International version)

Remember, I’m not referring to the main firmware of the player. I’m specifically referring to the music player bundled with it.
I got that. I expected that I would do that install and then report whether my update button deactivated. But instead, the update broke HibyMusic. With that version installed (1.5.2) HibyMusic won’t even run — error message says it started and then immediately stops again, grrrh!

Jan 14, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #3,744 of 4,000
Problem is I got a replacement unit, albeit used from musicteck and that jack also failed. Both units had jacks that failed so I just figured they weren't built to be very robust.
Either that's pure bad luck or you got your original (unfixed) unit back.

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #3,745 of 4,000
Hi.
When using the Hiby Link feature and the R6Pro as the server to a phone app client, is it possible to set the order of tracks in the client to 'track number'? I cant see this as an option, only alpha, file size, type etc.

IMG-f5f0b7dc63784868a00da71264ed346b-V.jpg

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #3,746 of 4,000
Either that's pure bad luck or you got your original (unfixed) unit back.
I bought the new one but I think a lot of these players have a design issue with putting controls near the top and phone jacks at the bottom. How do you pocket that while being able to reach the volume control and not stress the connectors? I understand how it can help paths, noise and organization inside the player but that doesn't mitigate the issue.

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #3,747 of 4,000
I bought the new one but I think a lot of these players have a design issue with putting controls near the top and phone jacks at the bottom. How do you pocket that while being able to reach the volume control and not stress the connectors? I understand how it can help paths, noise and organization inside the player but that doesn't mitigate the issue.
Good point about the volume and pockets, which was also my initial concern, but I no longer pocket my DAP, so it turns out phones out the bottom is actually more convenient for me. That said. All you need to do is use the flip screen feature and voila, your connectors are up top, but it does limit your access to the volume wheel while it's in your pocket.

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #3,748 of 4,000
Good point about the volume and pockets, which was also my initial concern, but I no longer pocket my DAP, so it turns out phones out the bottom is actually more convenient for me. That said. All you need to do is use the flip screen feature and voila, your connectors are up top, but it does limit your access to the volume wheel while it's in your pocket.
Well, the only controls that you can use in your pocket are the mechanical ones, :ksc75smile: My current non-android players have both on top.

Jan 27, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #3,750 of 4,000
Those who have problem with the problem should have all options selected internally in the storage settings. If sd cart is selected, qobuz dap player also freezes. Remove the SD card, erase the qobuzu, install it again, and run it, you will see that the problem is fixed. you can insert sd card after it is working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back