Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
May 12, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #3,331 of 4,006
In the "no command" screen, you get to the next screen by pressing the volume up and power keys together, BUT you should press the power key a bit earlier before pressing the vol+ together with it.

Hope that works?

USB audio out is a bit of a weak point here... it does not do MQA unfold, also is not bit-perfect in terms of preserving the sample rate.

You do need an app like UAPP to get bitperfect and MQA for USB audio output.

Unfortunately It's still not working.

May 13, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #3,332 of 4,006
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 17, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #3,337 of 4,006
Dude thank you so much. The 2.4 has been working much better and I was listening to tidal and Qobuz with no problem upstairs (router is downstairs)
No surprise - while 5GHz is higher performance, 2.4 can penetrate walls and other barriers much better

May 18, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #3,338 of 4,006
No surprise - while 5GHz is higher performance, 2.4 can penetrate walls and other barriers much better

It does not seem to be that in this case. My Netgear router is in the same room, but the Hiby's 5GHz cuts out.

2.4GHz just is optimized better for some reason.

No problems with my laptop and phones.

Could be a problem of the legacy old Quallcomm SoC?

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #3,340 of 4,006
Hey guys, having a Tidal issue... I was listening to music fine this morning and then it gave me an error that it couldn't play the next track. I thought maybe I lost the connection but I could still play Qobuz. I turned it off and back on again and now it's asking me to Log In. When I do that, it says:

"Login failed due to an unidentified network error. Please try again"

Has anyone else had this happen since the last update? I'd like to avoid reinstalling the Tidal app because I have 66 gigs of offline music saved

Incidentally, I can log in to Tidal from my iPhone and play stuff just fine

Thanks!

Adding @Joe Bloggs

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #3,341 of 4,006
Hey does anyone know if you need to still use Tidal v.2.11.3 so that Master tracks/albums download offline @ full MQA quality? I had sideloaded that version way back when I first got the R6 (after noticing that the downloaded music quality dropped...) but I thought maybe they (Tidal) might have fixed it by now. I have "auto updates" turned off on that app so it doesn't screw up my offline music :0

May 18, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #3,342 of 4,006
Hey guys, having a Tidal issue... I was listening to music fine this morning and then it gave me an error that it couldn't play the next track. I thought maybe I lost the connection but I could still play Qobuz. I turned it off and back on again and now it's asking me to Log In. When I do that, it says:

"Login failed due to an unidentified network error. Please try again"

Has anyone else had this happen since the last update? I'd like to avoid reinstalling the Tidal app because I have 66 gigs of offline music saved

Incidentally, I can log in to Tidal from my iPhone and play stuff just fine

Thanks!

Adding @Joe Bloggs
The login problem might be with Tidal and not our different DAP's.

I had a similar "hiccup" on my FiiO M15 with Tidal asking for a login even though it had been working fine after the first login without asking me to re-login. Then Tidal login on the M15 wouldn't work for a while, but I could login to Tidal on my PC.

Tidal on the M15 is working fine again today.

So, the problem might be a Tidal glitch instead of a problem specific to our much different DAP's.

IDK about the Hiby R6 Pro, but on the M15 I have to remember to re-enable Wifi each time I come out of the USB DAC mode as Wifi is turned off when you enter the USB DAC mode on the M15. If I forget to turn on Wifi first and I start Tidal or Amazon HD Music I see blank entries and get a warning of some kind until I remember to turn Wifi back on.

It takes a bit of time to get used to new interfaces. :)

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #3,343 of 4,006
Hey does anyone know if you need to still use Tidal v.2.11.3 so that Master tracks/albums download offline @ full MQA quality? I had sideloaded that version way back when I first got the R6 (after noticing that the downloaded music quality dropped...) but I thought maybe they (Tidal) might have fixed it by now. I have "auto updates" turned off on that app so it doesn't screw up my offline music :0
Yes, that is fixed on current versions of TIDAL now.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back