Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
May 8, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #3,316 of 3,995
I had issues too with Wifi and thought that my R6 pro was the issue. Turns out it was the wifi access points I was using. I had a Ubiquiti whole house mesh system which was supposed to be great, but it was over 5 year old. I did switch to the Eero system and the problem stopped. Also I notice sometimes in the evening, Wifi and Qobuz streaming may lag a touch and that is due to the internet usage in my area. Perhaps do a speed test on the internet when you notice the problem. I bet the problem is more with your wifi provider and access points than the R6.

May 8, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #3,317 of 3,995
The WiFi thing is so weird. I'm sitting at my desk at work. Cell phone, 2 monitors, computer CPU, all within 2 feet of my R6p. Access point is about 100 feet away. As always, perfect playback from Tidal.

It's like the problem varies unit-to-unit.

May 8, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #3,318 of 3,995
The WiFi thing is so weird. I'm sitting at my desk at work. Cell phone, 2 monitors, computer CPU, all within 2 feet of my R6p. Access point is about 100 feet away. As always, perfect playback from Tidal.

Possibly, and maybe probably unit to unit variation... but I have had issues with laptops, tablets, and phones connecting to WiFi with the solution usually being removing the network in that device’s settings and then re-acquiring the network in settings. Other times I have had to reboot the router. In my case it has never been a persistent hardware problem - the above solutions have always solved the problem for me. But that is just my experience.

May 9, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #3,320 of 3,995
Can you define 'much faster'? Also, do you have WiFi & Bluetooth on or off? Balanced or SE out? What format/resolution source files? There are a lot of variables which affect battery life.

But if battery performance is significantly reduced with those factors held constant on an essentially brand-new player then ... Joe?

After tinkering a little, the problem seems to have been fixed. I now use the supplied USB-C cable instead of my own, and I charge the HiBy while it’s powered on, and now it’s back to charging to 100% and the battery lasts just fine. Not sure why, but I’m going with it.

May 9, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #3,321 of 3,995

It is more stable from the 2.4GHz for me. And is spotty via the 5Ghz.

May 9, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #3,322 of 3,995

This is true for me as well. I also found that for some strange reason my cable provider’s hotspot (xfinitywifi) cuts out less often than my actual home network they provide which automatically picks 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. Strange!

May 9, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #3,323 of 3,995
That is strange indeed. I have never had that issue with my R6 Pro. I am sure you have tried this already, but have you tried forgetting that WiFi id in the network settings and then try to rediscover your networks and then reconnect? If you have a router that supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz have you tried both?
Hey thanks for the good ideas. I’ve tried both of those things with no improvement. Maybe I have a faulty WiFi antenna

Awesome I’ll try 2.4 thanks

May 9, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #3,324 of 3,995

My R6Pro is on version 1.7G_20191213_1714. When I try to do a wireless update, I get a message saying "Network Connection Error....Trust Anchor for Certification Path not found".

So I'veo manually update using the file above: R6Int_8.1_1.86G_user_update.zip. However, whether I place that file on the internal storage, or on the SD card, when the update function reboots the unit and the Android update starts, about one third through the progress, it stops, displays the android robot lying down, shows the message "Error" and then reboots. The update never finishes and I'm returned to the current firmware. What can I do? I really want the new MQA update.

Any ideas? Please help!

May 10, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #3,325 of 3,995
My R6Pro is on version 1.7G_20191213_1714. When I try to do a wireless update, I get a message saying "Network Connection Error....Trust Anchor for Certification Path not found".

So I'veo manually update using the file above: R6Int_8.1_1.86G_user_update.zip. However, whether I place that file on the internal storage, or on the SD card, when the update function reboots the unit and the Android update starts, about one third through the progress, it stops, displays the android robot lying down, shows the message "Error" and then reboots. The update never finishes and I'm returned to the current firmware. What can I do? I really want the new MQA update.

Any ideas? Please help!

I don’t know if it would work but if I was having this issue, I would try a full reset from the System menu without the SD card inserted. I would then try to install the new firmware from internal memory without the SD card in. If that didn’t work, I would look at the steps required to do a hard reset. I don’t know the steps but I have seen in this forum a way that involves holding the power button and one of the volume buttons filled by another step. I am sure you can find it in here somewhere. Also, make sure the update file isn’t corrupted in some way by possibly downloading it again. I had a problem with my Dethonray player because of a corrupt file.
I’m not sure any of the above would help but its the steps I would take.

May 10, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #3,326 of 3,995
After tinkering a little, the problem seems to have been fixed. I now use the supplied USB-C cable instead of my own, and I charge the HiBy while it’s powered on, and now it’s back to charging to 100% and the battery lasts just fine. Not sure why, but I’m going with it.
Just sayin what I’ve experienced and what has worked for me:

I was part of the “battery draining fast” problem that happened a couple of months ago, the solution was simple: go to apps and allow all services to the android market or android store app and its secondary app, every permission has to be given, phone contacts, location blah blah, after that if I restart the player and I’m not connected to the internet, it drains fast. Solution: connect for a bit to a WiFi, my theory is that android store looks for updated or something on boot and since these devices doesn’t have a cellular connection, it just forces the process, using resources

It works the same with my cayin n6II, just my 2cents

May 11, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #3,327 of 3,995
In my case, It's not working.

In the "no command" screen, you get to the next screen by pressing the volume up and power keys together, BUT you should press the power key a bit earlier before pressing the vol+ together with it.

Hope that works?

I can confirm this is the case, connected to my DAC I’m getting weird results, more so on Tidal than UAPP. Tidal results in 96kHz playback without MQA on the DAC display on most tracks. Even getting 96kHz PCM on 44khz tracks so something is skewed.

It works fine with digital line out to an external headphone amp and using both 3.5mm and balanced headphone jacks, but should it be 384khz?

It’s working correctly on UAPP, but just getting x2 unfold, highest rate ive seen is 192khz. But unfortunately I can’t play my offline Tidal content on this app

So probably just a glitch in the firmware, which Im sure will be resolved

USB audio out is a bit of a weak point here... it does not do MQA unfold, also is not bit-perfect in terms of preserving the sample rate.

You do need an app like UAPP to get bitperfect and MQA for USB audio output.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 11, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #3,328 of 3,995
I don’t know if it would work but if I was having this issue, I would try a full reset from the System menu without the SD card inserted. I would then try to install the new firmware from internal memory without the SD card in. If that didn’t work, I would look at the steps required to do a hard reset. I don’t know the steps but I have seen in this forum a way that involves holding the power button and one of the volume buttons filled by another step. I am sure you can find it in here somewhere. Also, make sure the update file isn’t corrupted in some way by possibly downloading it again. I had a problem with my Dethonray player because of a corrupt file.
I’m not sure any of the above would help but its the steps I would take.

Thanks for the reply and instructions. I've carefully performed the steps you recommend, however, with after doing both types of resets, the new firmware still errors-out at the same place every time. @Joe Bloggs , or anyone else, any other suggestions? I haven't ever had this type of problem with any other firmware update on the R6 Pro.

Here are some more details of the error:

In the recovery log, near the end it says "Script Aborted: E3004: This package is for "R6Int" devices. This is a "R6PROInt" @Joe Bloggs : Any ideas? I downloaded this update from your link a few pages back on this forum. Did you accidentally upload the wrong one?

May 12, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #3,329 of 3,995
Thanks for the reply and instructions. I've carefully performed the steps you recommend, however, with after doing both types of resets, the new firmware still errors-out at the same place every time. @Joe Bloggs , or anyone else, any other suggestions? I haven't ever had this type of problem with any other firmware update on the R6 Pro.

Here are some more details of the error:

In the recovery log, near the end it says "Script Aborted: E3004: This package is for "R6Int" devices. This is a "R6PROInt" @Joe Bloggs : Any ideas? I downloaded this update from your link a few pages back on this forum. Did you accidentally upload the wrong one?
Oh. You're right. This was originally uploaded for Luke, who is the one R6 user in a thread for R6 pro users. I'll get the package for the R6pro and get back to you.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 12, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #3,330 of 3,995
In the "no command" screen, you get to the next screen by pressing the volume up and power keys together, BUT you should press the power key a bit earlier before pressing the vol+ together with it.

Hope that works?

USB audio out is a bit of a weak point here... it does not do MQA unfold, also is not bit-perfect in terms of preserving the sample rate.

You do need an app like UAPP to get bitperfect and MQA for USB audio output.
Joe thanks for the confirmation, do you think its possible to provide full USB unfold on the next firmware upgrade, or isn't there much demand via this route ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back