Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 7, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #3,016 of 4,006
Feb 7, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #3,017 of 4,006
This hasn't happened to me. Yet? I use the clear plastic case that came with the R6 Pro. I love the feel of the stainless steel, but the case has saved me more than once. If you are using the case, you can quickly take it off to see if it is a physical problem.
I think it was mentioned that Amazon HD doesn't work with the FF/Next button, so that might be it.
If it's physical, you might want to try and clean it yourself, but if you use any solvent, you may void your warranty.
If it's not, you may want to do a factory reset and see if there's some software problem. You can search this forum for steps on how to do that.
After trying all that and it doesn't work then I would contact customer service.
Hope that helps,
No, this is with Hiby Music. And it's definitely a physical thing. Just wondered if it was 'common'. Aluminum version BTW.

Feb 8, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #3,019 of 4,006
Try pressing the power on button (and holding it on) until you see some action on the screen.. like for a minute or two or three.

I think I had a crash after using UAPP also... (now I just use Amazon Music HD for everything....)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #3,020 of 4,006
Try pressing the power on button (and holding it on) until you see some action on the screen.. like for a minute or two or three.

I think I had a crash after using UAPP also... (now I just use Amazon Music HD for everything....)
Thanks for the tip. I've been using HiBy Music for FLAC files I loaded on the microSD and Amazon Music HD for streaming. It did not occur to me that I could use Amazon Music HD for everything.

Feb 8, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #3,021 of 4,006
Thanks for the tip. I've been using HiBy Music for FLAC files I loaded on the microSD and Amazon Music HD for streaming. It did not occur to me that I could use Amazon Music HD for everything.
Yeah! Just download your favourites to the external SD card!

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #3,022 of 4,006

Tried it this morning took about 30 sec. to boot up crashed again and took about 75 sec. to boot up I'm wondering if the last update is causing the problem?

Feb 9, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #3,023 of 4,006
You may get a bunch of weird yellow text saying android is restarting. Does it boot up and work OK now?

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #3,025 of 4,006
All good then!

Feb 11, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #3,027 of 4,006
Hi @Joe Bloggs

I am afraid it doesn't.

It works with Hiby Music as seen below with a 176k test file (sounded stunning!)

91A45E0A-B381-4933-8FDE-FEE6EC51EACB.jpeg

Into a Mutec MC3+USB via a USB C - USB B cable
(then into a Grace 903 via AES cable)

But selecting "no" or "cancel" as you suggested for 3 party apps causes the following

1) The 3rd party music app (Amazon Music) - won't start playback.

2) Perhaps also a clue, the 192k sample rate (usually displayed at the top of the screen) goes missing

3) After using the USB with Hiby Music. Amazon Music will only play after. 1) The usb cable is unplugged and 2) the device is restarted. (And sometimes it still won't play)

So 2 things for Hiby engineers to test please

3rd party app USB digital playback
How after using the USB with Hiby Music, why 3rd party apps won't play back.

I have a 3rd oddity - at one point today when I stopped playback on Amazon Music - audio from Hiby Music started! But I had the HiBy Music closed!!. Perhaps it's somehow ALWAYS open and it won't let go of the dac stage? Perhaps that might be what is stopping 3rd party apps via USB?

Ah! perhaps I should try a forced quit of Hiby Music! To see if I can get it to let go of the dac.????

I will try that - nope! Force quit of HiBy Music didn’t do it

Interestingly a 176k Flac file plays back HiBy Music fine via spdif but the 192k FLAC file won't totally lock for more than one second and the audio signal “flutters” on and off continuously.
Hi,
Did you manage to get 192 k files to play via spdif?
Mine won’t output spdif at higher than 96k (aiff)
It will output higher rate usb with exclusive access enabled, but not as clean sounding as spdif out..
Also experienced the ghost playback of the last HiByMusic file, even when closed, when pause/play say amazon music.
Maybe a cache issue?
I’d love to get files above 96 k to play over spdif to a mojo! Any help or insights are appreciated!
Attn @Joe Bloggs
This spdif issue is the same for two units from “2019-11-18” listed under the serial number?

Feb 11, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #3,028 of 4,006
Hi,
Did you manage to get 192 k files to play via spdif?
Mine won’t output spdif at higher than 96k (aiff)
It will output higher rate usb with exclusive access enabled, but not as clean sounding as spdif out..
Also experienced the ghost playback of the last HiByMusic file, even when closed, when pause/play say amazon music.

What was the method of pause / playing amazon music?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 11, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #3,029 of 4,006
Anyone here tested both the aluminum and the SS model? Is there any sound differences?

There is no internal hardware difference.

If you want to absolutely find a difference, the Aluminum body should theoretically block radio interference better than the Stainless Steel version (when your dap is next to your phone).

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #3,030 of 4,006
I use usb out now to play Amazon music HD into my home DAC via a 5 meter cable and it works great.

I very much doubt spdif signal would survive such a long cable.

Only issue now is running out of power.

But I have chromecast audio set up to another input on the DAC and can use that while charging.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back