Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jan 31, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #3,001 of 4,005
Jan 31, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #3,002 of 4,005
Feb 2, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #3,009 of 4,005
R6 Pro on ‘tube amp’ really makes my RAD-0 sing.

Amusingly, I didn’t even know about the tonality feature when I purchased.

Subtle but nice effect.

Feb 3, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #3,010 of 4,005
I’m debating about upgrading to the R8 from R6 pro. Anyone else thinking of doing that?
I haven’t thought about upgrading yet, but here’s what my wish list would be starting from the perspective of the R6 Pro stainless steel.
- Size is nice. Keep it around the same dimensions. Or a bit thinner and slightly longer. Just take full advantage of the lower bezel with an edge to edge screen. (Watching Tiny Desk performances on YouTube with better sound is solid!)
- As a pocketable device, move the 3.5mm and 4.4mm to the bottom next to the USB-C. Keep the line out/coax on top. This keeps the wires out of your way when you hold it.
- upgrade charging to Power Delivery. Lots of Mac users could take advantage of the quick charging.
- RF interference needs to be eliminated just like it is on the R5. We want a black background!
- Keep the power as much as possible! single ended and balanced offer great power in this product tier!
- fix the WiFi stability issues. This is a drag. Trying to get your playlist downloaded before you rush out the door and the WiFi keeps crapping out. This needs to be rock solid.
- keep full android. It’s great to have UAPP. Just make sure that Google Services are not sucking the life out of the battery
- Keep the neutral styling. It looks and feels great.

nice to have features, but not deal breakers
- lower THD
- better battery life with Balanced headphones
- change priority of our put connections. Coax should have priority over USB. I can’t use coax out put with USB power connected (on second thought that may be a UAPP thing? I may need to check.)

Feb 3, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #3,011 of 4,005
!
- Keep the power as much as possible! single ended and balanced offer great power in this product tier!
-)

While maintaining the output impedence of less than 1. Such an amazing feat the R6 Pro has with its power output.

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #3,012 of 4,005
Picked up the R6 pro from one of the headfiers.
Coming from the Cayin N6ii, I can appreciate the size and feel of the R6. It's about half the thickness of the N6ii.

I don't feel so bad about the old R6 having bootloop (bricked itself) anymore.

Feb 5, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #3,013 of 4,005
Uapp app, corner shows 44.
10523692.png

Tidal app shows 88.
10523695.png

This means uapp is working perfectly right?

Feb 6, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #3,014 of 4,005
Anybody have a problem with the FF/Next button sticking? It’s actually getting stuck physically, seems like under the edge of the case cut-out. Or maybe it’s just getting stuck inside. I’m wondering if I should return it.

Feb 7, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #3,015 of 4,005
Anybody have a problem with the FF/Next button sticking? It’s actually getting stuck physically, seems like under the edge of the case cut-out. Or maybe it’s just getting stuck inside. I’m wondering if I should return it.
This hasn't happened to me. Yet? I use the clear plastic case that came with the R6 Pro. I love the feel of the stainless steel, but the case has saved me more than once. If you are using the case, you can quickly take it off to see if it is a physical problem.
I think it was mentioned that Amazon HD doesn't work with the FF/Next button, so that might be it.
If it's physical, you might want to try and clean it yourself, but if you use any solvent, you may void your warranty.
If it's not, you may want to do a factory reset and see if there's some software problem. You can search this forum for steps on how to do that.
After trying all that and it doesn't work then I would contact customer service.
Hope that helps,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back