Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jan 27, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #2,971 of 4,006
I am sure I got Amazon Music to play out of the USB output - and now it won't ...... any ideas? (I have dismissed the popup that asks for Hiby Music exclusive use)

Taken out headphones / restarted etc

@Joe Bloggs

Jan 28, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #2,973 of 4,006
I am sure I got Amazon Music to play out of the USB output - and now it won't ...... any ideas? (I have dismissed the popup that asks for Hiby Music exclusive use)

Taken out headphones / restarted etc

@Joe Bloggs

OK I got it to work again... I played something from Qobuz then tried AM again and it worked - digital Voodoo! :skull: back to loving the R6 Pro via Amazon Music HD

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #2,975 of 4,006
Got my R6pro today, very impressed with the unit.
Pairing with Audiosense T800, seems to drive them very well. Only had a quick 15 min listen but I love it

Congrats on finding a great player. I highly recommend installing USB Audio Player Pro. It's snappier than the stock app, and you can use it to sort by the "album artist" tag.

Jan 28, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #2,976 of 4,006
Congrats on finding a great player. I highly recommend installing USB Audio Player Pro. It's snappier than the stock app, and you can use it to sort by the "album artist" tag.
I second that. In fact the ability to download and use UAPP is one the 'features' that put the R6 Pro ahead of so many other so-called "high end" players (in my opinion).

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #2,977 of 4,006
Uapp is even optimized for the Hiby R6 Pro, with special settings made for it.

I probably will use this for dac/amp stacks in the future instead of retiring it.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #2,978 of 4,006
Uapp seems to hog the output

I cant seem to switch between it and Amazon Music. Amazon is muted?

(I wanted to do some comparative Tests)

Jan 28, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #2,979 of 4,006
Ok you guys this is awesome, I couldn't get this working on my FiiO M11.
I find it hard to describe the sound difference between the two players, I would say it's probably a lot warmer and punchy, just so happy with it.
Thanks guys for the heads up about UAPP.
Well done Hiby on an awesome player

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #2,980 of 4,006
Ok, I'm lost here...
Can someone please chime in as to the best format for a micro sd card so that it can be used on a Mac computer and also the R6 Pro running Android?
I had to reformat my disk and now I'm having issues. Error messages that files are too large to be copied on to the format using Fat 32, and error messages that the card cannot be read at all on the Mac when using exFat... What am I missing here? Someone please help.

Many thanks in advance.

Jan 29, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #2,981 of 4,006
Ok, I'm lost here...
Can someone please chime in as to the best format for a micro sd card so that it can be used on a Mac computer and also the R6 Pro running Android?
I had to reformat my disk and now I'm having issues. Error messages that files are too large to be copied on to the format using Fat 32, and error messages that the card cannot be read at all on the Mac when using exFat... What am I missing here? Someone please help.

Many thanks in advance.
I use a Mac. My microSD cards are formatted as exFat. I use the Mac to copy data onto the card and then insert the card into the R6 Pro.

Not sure why you are having problems. Are you removing the microSD from the R6 Pro and using a card reader? If so it should work. I've never tried working with the microSD with the Mac while it's in the R6 Pro.

Randy

Jan 29, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #2,982 of 4,006
I do what Randy does in the post above. Plugging the the DAP directly can be a hit or a miss - (based on the SD card type and capacity, not format as long as it's exFAT) - I tried it - works for some cards fothers nada. If you still have issues, the card is probably faulty.

Btw. it might not show up as a drive on a Mac. Do you have the Android File Transfer app? Try that, it's free.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #2,983 of 4,006
I use ExFAT as well with my Mac and it works perfectly. That said, I never take the card out of the R6 Pro, nor do I plug the R6 Pro into the Mac. Instead I use Solid Explorer to add my Mac as a network location and do all my file management via WiFi. Not only is this so much easier, it's also much faster! One of the benefits of having access to Play Store and solid 5GHz WiFi support in the R6 Pro. Just another 'feature' that makes this DAP perfect for my use case.

Screenshot_20200107-162418.png Screenshot_20200107-162448.png Screenshot_20200107-162537.png Screenshot_20200107-162558.png

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #2,985 of 4,006
True though for this instance, getting mixplorer from xda forums would work too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back