Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 30, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #2,791 of 4,006
To anyone that's used / using the R6 / Pro with the HD800's and have used Sonar Works in the past, have you experimented with MSEB to simulate the effect of the Sonar Works HD800 profile? That is:

- add a little meat to low and mid-bass
- tame the highs a little
- reduce / eliminate the 6kHz ringing

If so, do you mind sharing your MSEB configs?

That would be me! Sonarworks on mobile sounds 'meh' + I cannot use it with Deezer so I recently started to use MSEB instead. After some tweaking, the settings are:
Cool/Bright: 7
Bass extension: 20 (was 15 on the first try)
Bass texture: 10 (also 15)
Note thickness: 10
Impulse response: 5

edit: that being said, on desktop MSEB is no match for Sonarworks. Not even close.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #2,792 of 4,006
My MSEB for my Lcd-i4 via balanced out. Any suggestions? Man the Lcd-i4 is hard to figure out with mseb, but it needs it.

Screenshot_20191231-091548.png
Screenshot_20191231-091553.png

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #2,794 of 4,006
Mseb doesn't affect the streaming apps?

What would be a good Mseb for increasing only the mid bass thump? And decreasing the low bass?
Increase bass texture and decrease bass extension

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 31, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #2,795 of 4,006
Mseb doesn't affect the streaming apps?

What would be a good Mseb for increasing only the mid bass thump? And decreasing the low bass?
My understanding is that with MSEB global it now also applies to streaming apps. At least it does via UAPP in my experience.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #2,797 of 4,006
The mseb works for me globally. I use it with Tidal. Whether it is bit perfect, I have no idea. It's an EQ.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #2,798 of 4,006
It didn't seem so worth tidal and Spotify in my experience, I thought r6 was bit perfect, why use uapp
UAPP is the best music player and library manager for Android bar none. It's one of the reasons I switched from a non-Play Store dap to the R6 Pro. Not a big fan of HiBy music (I've actually disabled it on the R6 Pro), and UAPP (along with Tidal and Plex) are my music gateways.

Also I can confirm that MSEB global works with all three apps.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #2,799 of 4,006
The mseb works for me globally. I use it with Tidal. Whether it is bit perfect, I have no idea. It's an EQ.
Once you apply any type of EQ, MSEB or otherwise, the sound is no longer 'bit perfect' so that's a moot point. UAPP actually disables EQ when you put it into bitperfect mode (you can still use MSEB global with it being in bitperfect mode, but then it's no longer bitperfect).

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #2,804 of 4,006
Hmm. I had same problem on my R6 Pro but somewhere along the way a Qobuz update fixed it. Still slower overall responses than Tidal, but not terrible. They did somehow nuke my offline library (also on my pc and Android phone) though favorites that have been imported are still accessible off line from My Favorites under My Qobuz as long as they have been imported.

I have to say Qobuz has not been impressive. I am an annual Sublime+ subscriber but will end my subscription soon. Just too many hassles and that basically has me listening just to Tidal.
Hey, so I just emailed HiBy about the Qobuz app. Qobuz basically told me "update the app" which nuked my offline library like yours. But here's something interesting... I checked the SD card and the storage was still being used (something like 20GB in my case). If I click around to Playlists, etc in the Q app, then eventually the stuff appears again

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #2,805 of 4,006
So here's something rather annoying... a couple days ago, I noticed that the power button seems to be permanently pushed in a little bit. I can still push it with the tip of my pinky finger and it works fine like that but it doesn't come back out all the way. On the positive side, there's little chance of my accidentally turning it on /off :)

I'm thinking of getting one of the new 1TB cards when they drop below ~$200. I've been a glutton with storing offline music on this bad boy from Tidal and Qobuz and I have a lot of DSD's playing through HiBy music and my 512 is filling rapidly. I wonder if it would be as easy as just copying the directories over from the old card (on a Windows PC for instance) onto the new one and popping it in the R6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back