Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Nov 26, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #2,611 of 4,006
Just move your phone at least 10cm away from the dap. There's no reason the two should be anywhere near each other.
Sorry mate, but that is just ridiculous. Phones are used with DAPs all the time... many times literally sandwiched together with a rubber band.
There is simply no excuse for the flaw in the production of the R6 Pro to have this kind of weakness.
Mercifully, it has not proved to be a huge issue for me, but it is rather annoying hearing that interference all the time... and btw... 10cm doesn't even begin to solve the problem when this thing is acting up.
Either way, I'm still enjoying the device, looking forward to getting my hands on a new one, and have the global MSEB up and running with UAPP + Qobuz and it sounds fantastic.

Nov 26, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #2,612 of 4,006
Sorry mate, but that is just ridiculous. Phones are used with DAPs all the time... many times literally sandwiched together with a rubber band.
There is simply no excuse for the flaw in the production of the R6 Pro to have this kind of weakness.
Mercifully, it has not proved to be a huge issue for me, but it is rather annoying hearing that interference all the time... and btw... 10cm doesn't even begin to solve the problem when this thing is acting up.
Either way, I'm still enjoying the device, looking forward to getting my hands on a new one, and have the global MSEB up and running with UAPP + Qobuz and it sounds fantastic.
I get what you're saying, but knowing the weakness I also know how to avoid it. I don't sandwich my phone with my dap, or have any need to keep them close. And when they do get close and I hear some faint crackling I just move them apart. It's not a big deal at all, nor is the R6 Pro the only DAP with this issue. If there was a better sounding better featured DAP at anywhere close to the price of the R6 Pro I'd consider it, but since there isn't...

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #2,615 of 4,006
I'm not making excuses for anybody but... Why would you sandwich a DAP with a phone? I can understand sandwiching a *DAC*/amp with the phone it amps... :sweat_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 27, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #2,616 of 4,006
Anyone else experiencing an issue where the lock screen art/controls no longer work on UAPP after this latest Hiby update?
My lock screen controls work for every other app I use (Hiby, Amazon, Qobuz etc), but not UAPP.
Am I missing something here? I've checked the setting, rebooted the device etc... Let me know if there is another step.

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #2,617 of 4,006
Anyone else experiencing an issue where the lock screen art/controls no longer work on UAPP after this latest Hiby update?
My lock screen controls work for every other app I use (Hiby, Amazon, Qobuz etc), but not UAPP.
Am I missing something here? I've checked the setting, rebooted the device etc... Let me know if there is another step.
Can you describe what is not working more clearly? :confused:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 27, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #2,618 of 4,006
Can you describe what is not working more clearly? :confused:
The first pic is what I'm talking about for lock screen art and play controls. The second pic is the notification settings for UAPP.
Apparently I did not have a secondary box checked in the UAPP preferences for notifications.
I have never actually known what that box is (the one I pointed the arrow to), but once I checked it, the lock screen I wanted came back.

@Joe Bloggs can you maybe enlighten me as to what these particular notifications do?
I know turning the "allow notification dot" off means not always having to see that annoying dot on the icon on the main screen all the time like there is an action item I need to pay attention to.

Anyway, my problem is resolved and once again this player rules. And dear lord is global MSEB freaking awesome!
2019-11-27 00.48.19.jpg 2019-11-27 00.48.40.jpg

Nov 27, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #2,619 of 4,006
I did not see it in the firmware notes or posted here, though it looks like the latest firmware also allows Amazon Music HD to play at the full bitrate (as it does on the R5). It always shows as 192, though I believe that is expected behavior.

This just leaves the issue with the hardware buttons. It is my understanding from reading other topics that their app does not respond to hardware buttons from any device, it is not a H6 specific issue. I wrote Amazon, and I believe they acknowledge the issue is their app (see below). Hopefully, one day they will make it work with hardware buttons and we will have full functionality from Amazon Music as well. I think the more options the better.

I currently have trials to Tidal, Quboz and Amazon HD.

I am pretty attached to the hard buttons. I like to skip/repeat tracks, so for now, I will likely not pay for Amazon.

The GUI in Quboz is definitely slower than the other two and I have had a couple of times where I get static instead of music when switching tracks. Also, it does seem to be missing a few albums I found on the other services.

I like the way favorites work in Tidal and the GUI is quick for me. No real complaints, though I feel the music is not a bright as Quboz and Amazon. I am not the youngest guy on the block so I believe I prefer the sound of Amazon and Quboz, though it may just may be I think I hear the difference. I think this is what I am going to stay with for now.

I listen to a lot of rock from the 60's-80's, I think with recording quality of most of them, anything more than CD quality would not make much of a difference anyway (for me anyway). Though it does seem there is some difference in the sound between the services even at the 44.1 rate. Maybe it is just volume, or perhaps they do some filtering that colors the original sound or maybe there is something in the apps programming that make a difference. I have not taken the time to compare them on the PC as well.

I am hoping that full MQA unfolding gets added to the R6. I have no idea if it would make any audible difference, as I have never heard it fully unfolded, though it is hard to image it could make it worse, so why not. If this were to get added at some point, it would seem that the R6 Pro would pretty much have all the features.

FYI, Here is the Amazon rep's response on the hardware buttons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can understand your concern regarding Amazon Music App does not respond to button pushes (events) like other music players.

Please be informed that currently there is no option available to change music with pus buttons. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused with this situation.

I understand that it would be very useful if we have this option to change music with push buttons.

To help you better, I've forwarded your issue as feedback to our Amazon app team so that they will take this into consideration and I know they'll want to read about your expectation.

I'm confident that they'll check in this issue and look for a positive solution as we are committed to provide you the world class services from our end.

Once we get valuable feedback from our customer we will take necessary actions and we're constantly working to improve our experience.

We definitely value your opinion and will continue to listen and respond to our customers' concerns.

Feedback from long standing customers like you will really help us in making the right changes and improvements. I've sent this to the right teams for future consideration. They are actively engaged regarding the issue and to resolve in the near future.

All we need is your kind understanding and little patience in this matter.

I understand that asking you to wait is much of an inconvenience but I hope you understand our situation when we have a technical issue like this.

I really appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter and We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nov 27, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #2,621 of 4,006
I like the way favorites work in Tidal and the GUI is quick for me. No real complaints, though I feel the music is not a bright as Quboz and Amazon. I am not the youngest guy on the block so I believe I prefer the sound of Amazon and Quboz, though it may just may be I think I hear the difference. I think this is what I am going to stay with for now.
Time to take advantage of the advanced system-wide MSEB mastering controls added in the latest firmware! :D

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #2,622 of 4,006
Time to take advantage of the advanced system-wide MSEB mastering controls added in the latest firmware! :D

You're just saying that so I get hooked on MSEB and wont ask again about MQA (I believe it does not work with MQA files). :grinning:

For my older ears, in most cases, I am probably much better off with CD quality + MSEB than a fully unfolded MQA anyway.

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #2,623 of 4,006
You're just saying that so I get hooked on MSEB and wont ask again about MQA (I believe it does not work with MQA files). :grinning:

For my older ears, in most cases, I am probably much better off with CD quality + MSEB than a fully unfolded MQA anyway.
I'm not saying anything :wink:

You would have to pester MQA to see if they'll ever drop the "no DSP" requirement for MQA certification. :p

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #2,624 of 4,006
Yep, this is the one. And it works perfectly with UAPP and Tidal and Plex on my R6 Pro. If I'm not mistaken the R6/R6 Pro are now the only two Android DAPs to offer system wide EQ, and MSEB at that! All we need now is MQA hardware support and we're golden!

How do you enable / adjust MSEB at system level?

Nov 28, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #2,625 of 4,006
How do you enable / adjust MSEB at system level?
OTA update to latest system firmware (check for updates after every update until it says there are no more) then go to System sound settings :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back