Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 1, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #1,546 of 4,006
So some of my DSD files play beautifully with just WASAPI selected, while others sound like there is a waterfall in the background.
When I switch to DSD: WASAPI: the waterfall disappears, but then other DSD albums won't play at all.
I noticed that the files with high noise are albums from one specific vendor...

Thoughts on settings in Foobar2k or on the unit I should change?
I also use foobar2000 and I have specified the "DSD : ASIO : TUSBAudio ASIO Driver as output for the R6Pro.

2019_04_02_01_18_26_Preferences_Output.jpg

Thus, mp3, flac and DSD iso files were played without problems.
However, I only connected the R6Pro for a short time because I prefer to use my chord mojo as a DAC.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #1,548 of 4,006
Any owners been able to compare to the Sony WM1a?
I've seen the comparison to the 1z but nothing really compared to the 1a

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #1,550 of 4,006
New R6 Pro owner. Looking for Day 1 advice from current owners... what should I be doing to prep my device? I assume step 1 is charge the battery, step 2 is connect to WiFi, and step 3 is look for any OTA updates... what else?

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #1,552 of 4,006
I would love to hear reports of Qobuz working @ 192k bit perfect, streaming and offline download.
Thanks

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #1,553 of 4,006
New R6 Pro owner. Looking for Day 1 advice from current owners... what should I be doing to prep my device? I assume step 1 is charge the battery, step 2 is connect to WiFi, and step 3 is look for any OTA updates... what else?
This DAP is pretty stunning right out of the gate... As for day 1 prep... one thing you should know (and I talked with Hiby directly on this), is that you should go under the battery settings and turn off "Ambient Display."

There is an LED on the side that will be on constantly, even with no activity, that slowly drains the battery... this is an issue that will likely be addressed with an update, but for now, disabling the Ambient Display setting has changed the game for me.

Also... balanced cable, just do it. The sound is shows SO MUCH freaking improvement. Don't get me wrong, it sounds great out of the box on 3.5, but all the rumors about the balanced output having a much better sound are all true.

Last thought in terms of initial use... charge to full, and then use until its dead about 2-3 times... really calibrates the battery for proper charge and use cycles... will definitely extend battery life for playback and longevity.

I'll come back to post more if I think of it.
Enjoy... this player is awesome!

Apr 3, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,554 of 4,006
Has anybody imported to the UK from Musicteck? If so, how much were you charged in taxes etc?

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #1,555 of 4,006
you should go under the battery settings and turn off "Ambient Display."

There is an LED on the side that will be on constantly, even with no activity, that slowly drains the battery... this is an issue that will likely be addressed with an update, but for now, disabling the Ambient Display setting has changed the game for me.
I can't found this setting. What is your firmware? Mine is 1.11GBeta

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #1,556 of 4,006
Has anybody imported to the UK from Musicteck? If so, how much were you charged in taxes etc?

Never actually used them but have atempted to a couple of times but at check out the delivery shipping was quite high not the actual tax if I remember rightly.. I think they were trying to charge me about £50 just for delivery but can't quite remember the exact figure

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #1,557 of 4,006
I can't found this setting. What is your firmware? Mine is 1.11GBeta
I'm on the same firmware.

Slide down from top of screen, click cog wheel icon (settings)... choose battery... then "Ambient Display" ... turn it off and reboot your device (hold down power key and choose "restart")
This will sort you out.

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #1,558 of 4,006
Never actually used them but have atempted to a couple of times but at check out the delivery shipping was quite high not the actual tax if I remember rightly.. I think they were trying to charge me about £50 just for delivery but can't quite remember the exact figure

That was what I was thinking, $50 seems expensive, I suppose though that if this tracked, signed and express then it's probably reasonable.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,559 of 4,006
That was what I was thinking, $50 seems expensive, I suppose though that if this tracked, signed and express then it's probably reasonable.
I also think it's a bit pricey especially when you look or try someone like penons shipping with tracking its a lot more sensible.... Anyway this was the reason that I didn't buy from Musicteck both times because with shipping and import tax it wasn't a massive difference to what I could buy in the UK and for the little extra it cost me on my purchases I had 30 day return and ease of return if a problem without expensive return costs..
If I remember rightly one time I wanted to buy an opus1 case and they wanted nearly as much for shipping as the case was worth, I have no doubt about the reputation of the company but I do think there shipping costs are a bit of a con.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #1,560 of 4,006
@Joe Bloggs
If you don't know would you ask your colleagues?
"Does PRO support any wireless streaming from mobile or will it be supported in the near future?"
I'm on the same firmware.

Slide down from top of screen, click cog wheel icon (settings)... choose battery... then "Ambient Display" ... turn it off and reboot your device (hold down power key and choose "restart")
This will sort you out.
got it

@Joe Bloggs
If you don't know would you ask your colleagues?
"Does PRO support any wireless streaming from mobile or will it be supported in the near future?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back