Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 27, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #1,516 of 4,006
Did you plug in the R6pro in DAC mode before starting the installer? How does it not work?
Thanks Joe - your driver works fine.

The configuration in the windows sound settings for the bitrate, f.e. 24Bit 192Khz, is conrrectly shown on the R6Pro display. In foobar2000 the corresponding TUSBAudio ASIO driver provides me also an entry for DSD - just like my chord mojo.

Thank you for supporting me so contemporary and helpful.

Mar 29, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #1,517 of 4,006
For those that have issues installing on recent versions of Windows 10 or Windows 8 due to a "preinstallation failed" error, you will need to disable driver signing in Windows 10 temporarily to allow the driver to install.

WARNING: Disabling these things will allow unsigned drivers to be installed. Drivers from untrustworthy source should NOT be installed as they can contain the nastiest types of malware. This change was implemented to require partners to sign their drivers to prevent old possibly-incompatible drivers and drivers with malicious intent from being installed. Sadly, while the driver provided by Joe is neither of these things, the TUSB software is still not signed properly for modern Windows operating systems past Windows 7.

In any case, make sure not to leave these things disabled. Follow the steps all the way through to the last step, so that these malware-prevention techniques are kept in place on your system. I am not held responsible if your machine has problems due to these steps. You have been warned.

Steps are as follows:

1. Press Win + R on your keyboard.
2. Type in 'cmd' without quotes and press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER (this will run as administrator). Make sure to allow it to run as administrator with the UAC (User Account Control) popup.
3. When the console window comes, type and hit enter the following commands:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

4. Restart your computer and log in. You will notice some text at the bottom right of your screen saying Test Mode Windows 10 xxxx or something similar.
5. Now try to install your driver again. Make sure your HiBy R6 Pro is already plugged in. It will pop up "Do you want to install unsigned driver" popups. Make sure to "permit install of unsigned software" on all of these popups during install.
6. If it asks you to restart again after the installation is finished, do so before you continue.
7. Driver signing and integrity will still be disabled and test mode will still be enabled. To re-enable this again, run the following commands;

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

8. Restart and you should have a working driver and no "Test Mode" text at the bottom right of your screen!

Mar 29, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #1,518 of 4,006
Please try again with the driver package downloaded from here:
[See OP]

We need to update the package where you got yours from--where did you download the outdated driver package?
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the driver or not, but whenever a system sound plays and I am listening to music with MusicBee... the sound system seems to crash... all sound goes dead for a bit and MusicBee crashes. The audio is also skipping randomly. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit.

EDIT: Did some more testing with a different desktop player. Tried AIMP instead of MusicBee The player doesn't crash when a system sound occurs (so that was probably MusicBee issue), but skips are still happening, which means it's happening at the driver level. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #1,519 of 4,006
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the driver or not, but whenever a system sound plays and I am listening to music with MusicBee... the sound system seems to crash... all sound goes dead for a bit and MusicBee crashes. The audio is also skipping randomly. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit.

EDIT: Did some more testing with a different desktop player. Tried AIMP instead of MusicBee The player doesn't crash when a system sound occurs (so that was probably MusicBee issue), but skips are still happening, which means it's happening at the driver level. Is there a way to fix this?

For AIMP I recommend that you go into Menu->Playback options and set the Device to WASAPI Exclusive (event or push): HiBy R6, set the sample rate according to your music and the cache size to at least 10MB, that should take care of system sounds interfering with the playback and hopefully the skipping too.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 29, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #1,520 of 4,006
For AIMP I recommend that you go into Menu->Playback options and set the Device to WASAPI Exclusive (event or push): HiBy R6, set the sample rate according to your music and the cache size to at least 10MB, that should take care of system sounds interfering with the playback and hopefully the skipping too.
Well that's fine and all, but I use the same machine for business calls all day long... I can't use something that excludes the rest of the system's audio. Any recommendations?

Mar 29, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #1,521 of 4,006
Well that's fine and all, but I use the same machine for business calls all day long... I can't use something that excludes the rest of the system's audio. Any recommendations?
Sure. Set your system default audio device to something other than the R6. Use the R6 for music and your computer speakers and whatnot for business calls

(of course if you'd rather route everything through the R6 that should be possible too but you'd need to stream everything through DirectSound instead. What was shown as the sample rate on the R6 in that configuration?)

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #1,525 of 4,006
Anyone else get the “shipping notice” but finds that it is still stuck in Hong Kong? DHL tracking:

Status
Tracking information received. Shipment not yet picked up by DHL
March, 29 2019 15:43 Local Time

Since it is now early on the 31st in Hong Kong that it hasn’t moved is surprising... maybe a weekend thing...

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #1,526 of 4,006
I assume MSEB does not work with Tidal Masters (or anything else with MQA). Is that correct?
Wish I could help you, but I don't use tidal or listen to MQA. MSEB is specific to the HiBy Music app afaik though, so I don't expect it would work on anything played through a different app.

A pity, if it were a systemwide setting it would be really amazing.

Mar 30, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #1,527 of 4,006
Wish I could help you, but I don't use tidal or listen to MQA. MSEB is specific to the HiBy Music app afaik though, so I don't expect it would work on anything played through a different app.

A pity, if it were a systemwide setting it would be really amazing.
Ah, well, poop. Thanks for the clarification. That makes that feature, for me and my use case of all streaming all the time (or downloaded streaming music), about as useful as a square wheel...

Mar 30, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #1,529 of 4,006
If it is answer on my question than you dont understand.
I mean "Tonality setting(default, reference, tube amp..."
By the way, I dont like any equializer. I dont like mseb. I played with it on my r6(non pro) and in my oppinion it spoils the sound as any programm equalizer))

The tonality settings simulate distortions added by different pieces of equipment. Equalizers apply linear corrections to the frequency response according to your instructions. If you think even applying corrections (!) to the sound according to what you hear makes the result worse / less accurate, then you should have even less reason to mess with the tonality settings, which literally do nothing but make the sound "wrong" in the name of taste.

Mar 30, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #1,530 of 4,006
The tonality settings simulate distortions added by different pieces of equipment. Equalizers apply linear corrections to the frequency response according to your instructions. If you think even applying corrections (!) to the sound according to what you hear makes the result worse / less accurate, then you should have even less reason to mess with the tonality settings, which literally do nothing but make the sound "wrong" in the name of taste.
Joe,

Can any of the adjustments possible on the R6 Pro work with Tidal Masters (MQA)? I would think it is possible only if the adjustments occur after the DAC as part of the amp... thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back